* New * NHL 18 Beta General Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Dekeing is broken, fix pls.
    Half the time you do a deke your guy does it but the puck literally doesn't move.
    You do the deke and the puck just drops dead. Kind of dumb, especially when it happens on a dangler lol

iMackie21
  2. DaddZillla

DaddZillla Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DaddZillla#9260
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bull shit that you can't search G in eashl 3s and or 3s/6s

No Streaming Account
  3. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I strongly agree with this

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    What?

LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. SkiBert23

SkiBert23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 39 / -16
    CPU still OP, Danglz are on point, custom builds need to return, or at least let us choose our own height and weight so we can at least be different then those around us, agility needs to be turned up a bit, and the stick checking down a notch, other than that

No Streaming Account
  6. Slamtastic86

Slamtastic86 Meme God

Ratings:
    +139 / 8 / -25
    My defenseman stopped dead in his tracks several times while rushing into the offensive zone and Also when I hit L2 for vision control or try to start skating backwards. Poke checking a loose puck just sitting near the blueline to keep it in the off zone or get it out of the def zone doesn't seem to work. A few times I was trying to glide behind my own net and my player skated into the goalie or net, changing direction on his own. Getting the puck while skating backwards locks my player into a backward skating animation. Still ridiculous that slap shots are often fanned on while in motion and carrying the puck. Can't do a quick poke check cause even tapping the R1 quickly he leaves his stick out still for a second. Centers should be kicked out of faceoffs instead of making them lose the draw. When the goalie goes to the bench for the extra attacker, he should be controlling the skater. Blocked shots need to count even if your player is standing. I purposely put myself in shooting lanes to block. Passing attempts and percentage stat should be added. Shot attempts should be added. Also, I want to be able to try to hug the other team when my team scores.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. IM HEARTLESS323

IM HEARTLESS323 IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    well i have played 3 skater games so far and 17 as goalie (all 6's)

Skaters thoughts

1- Poke checks are still way too over powered and need to be toned down and the deke's have zero feelings cuz of it
    2- While on a breakaway the defender can still catch you from center
    3- Skating is still sluggish
    4- While skater is protecting the puck and you hit him, you just bounce off them
    5- When you hit the player on the boards he acts like nothing happen and still grabs puck and continues on his day
    6- Game play speed needs to be turned up a bit
    7- I have seen so many broken deke attempts even from opposing team

Goalie thoughts

1- Way better then nhl 17
    2- The goalie actually makes the saves it supposed to, but when you make a left pad save it still tells you that you made a low glove save, or if you make a blocker save it tells you that you make a low pad save
    3- Moving post to post to try n stop the wraps needs to be sped up
    4- I'm not sure if all goalies experience this - when making a pad stacking save the goalie more times than not just lays on the ice as if it were a glitch or something
    5- When the goalie makes the save and the other team charges you, make that a penalty instead of allowing them to try to bull ride the goalie
    6- When trying to make it to the bench while on a delayed penalty - it tells you that your careless positioning and while ur trying to play the puck on a dump in or to prevent icing it tells you the same, after about 4-5 "careless positioning" warnings you get kicked from the game lol

Overall if EA actually just tweaks a few things here n there and actually doesn't feed to all the kids who can't score after games is released, this year's game actually has potential to be one of the better ones in a few years

• Winner Winner x 1
    im_heartless323
  8. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    Please for the love of god increase the agility and up the game speed. Or make the player models smaller. There is literally no room to skate in 6s, it's just a giant cluster fuck in front of the net.

9. ProbableKoz

ProbableKoz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 11 / -39
    Just a suggestion add the ability to search 3's in club challenge so you can actually challenge your friends to a 3's match without having to search 15 times trying to link up, or add the option to use a user controlled goalie in drop in so we can at the very least link up using a pin code @LG McDonald

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ProbableKoz
  10. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    If I'm not mistaken here, if you have 4 players, it will lock you out of EASHL 3's, even if you have 2 forwards, 1 D & a G. I tried this as well & it locked us out & we were only allowed to search for 6's only.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    As Bones has said get rid of the extra computer in eashl 3s for a powerplay he's a nuisance. Award a penalty shot instead similar to arcade Threes.

Fix the Through-the-legs deke it is nearly impossible to pull it off consistently because getting the full toe drag is extremely tough most the time you just get a half toe drag even when you roll the stick back all the way.

Then even when you do manage to pull off the Through-the-legs deke. The player almost always fails it and messes up even of you are a skill class like Playmaker or Dangler. It needs fixing Pronto.

Defenders who are caught flat footed should not be able to catch a skater sprinting on a full breakaway. Yet it happens with regularity especially by computer defense. This is BS because EA has specifically said everyone should be the same speed in EASHL.

Other then that the beta has been a blast so far 3s especially I might never play 6s again now lol.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  12. Hot_Pocket_Carl

Hot_Pocket_Carl Eye of the Tiger

Discord:
    Hot_Pocket_Carl#9249
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -2
    The Game itself is NHL 17 2.0. Enough said

Gremlin_2694
  13. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Not when I played. You have to have a C, W,D,G and you can play 3s

LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. DamilkMan596

DamilkMan596 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    Maybe try passing or not skating directly at a defenseman when he is using his stick to take away a lane. I'm sorry that you actually have to be aware of where a defenseman's stick is instead of just arbitrarily coasting around wiggling your stick back and forth. Every year they make improvements to D and then people like you complain and it gets nerfed to the point of standing in a lane and hoping a puck hits you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Br3aDB3arD

Br3aDB3arD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Stopping and going, turning around, changing direction in general feels slow to me. Hitting sniper class feels much slower also. I hate the entire "click the right stick" concept. Saucer passes, even if I just tap it, seem to go way too far. Chopping the puck is ruined forever. The defensive stick is a great idea but, does not seem to very accurate. Also, puck pick-up is still shit. One defininat positive I can say is the only glitch I have noticed is the players legs getting stuck together. No games looping, no players getting stuck in weird positions, and they toned down the animations. Idk, I would give this game a 4 out of 10 maybe. Over 20 years trying to make a hockey game, it could be alot better.

No Streaming Account
  16. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    New defensive sweep is cool. As I can see by the negative feedback people don't like that they can't hold backhand and glide deke around an entire team bouncing off defenders. The players who succeed will be the ones who play smart hockey and move the puck quick, fore check hard, and get into the greasy areas. Controls are def clunky feeling being with having to click R3, but people will adjust and figure out how/when to use certain dekes to succeed.

How come we still see legacy issues like the puck going through the boards? players bunny hopping 10ft into the air?

People who are complaining about game speed and ice space. EA did you a solid and created the arcade mode for you.

• Like Like x 2
    premierplayer
  17. DamilkMan596

DamilkMan596 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    EA a blocked shot is a blocked shot, even it hits me in the ass and I have no idea it's coming. I can't believe you still have to trigger the animation for it to count on your end game stats...

No Streaming Account
  18. DaddZillla

DaddZillla Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DaddZillla#9260
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that's not my point tho , it's bull shit
    It's just
    bullshit
    that you can't just search for a G in 3s or both , only 6s I just don't see why they made it like that , I only play G so it pisses me off

No Streaming Account
  19. DoCJ1gGY

DoCJ1gGY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 10 / -0
    So far my experience :

FWD:

Well, some improvements will need to be made on the dekes as the success rate is way too low and lose the puck possession more often then not even at times when there is nobody near you !!

Slap Shots will need nerfing, they resulted in most of my games, 3 out of 4 as a goal even though the goalie was square with the shot !!

The speed is way too high, something halfway between what it is in the beta and what it is in 17 would be perfect, i have more the impression of playing an Arcarde hockey game than a decent realisticly made game

I would also like to see in the future, not only 3v3's but possibilities for 4v4 would be great too !!

The first faceoff of the game with the overhead view is soooooooooo choppy, it's like that animation have been made using like 5 fps or something !!!!

I am VERY dissapointed that you still can switch sides on faceoffs after you commited to a side, this doesn't belong in ANY hockey game and is not tolerated in ANY hockey league (You would simply get booted off the faceoff for a winger)

The referee's skating animations are just plain bad, they look retarted more often than not !

Defense :

My two main issues so far were about the skill stick, too manytimes, if it misses the puck, it shows no collision physics between the sticks, i know it should be hard to code, but at least, it should trigger a loss of possession instead of having the D to look like he has an invisible stick !!

Penalties are way too exagerated ! Especially when players go along the boards, you line up with a side hit but because of a bad shooting animation along the boards you get a boarding most of the times even though it's the animation itself that causes the players to turn his back against you !!!!

Goalies :

Seems a bit easier except on the damn slap shots, why did you guys made em' that overpowered ? I swear, any games i've been in, it's 80% of the goals scored...

The puck STILLS goes through the goalie pads and gear (Have a vid of it somewhere in my ps4)

If the state of the game stays like this, i might even concider NOT buying it as it's a slap in the face to me that EA just gave us so far, Old new dekes and skill stick... The rest is purely copy pasted from the previous edition and in my opinion is a bad habit they have !!

At that point, instead of being a complete dissapointment every year EA should concider making a game every 2-3 years and simply put the updates as DLC's ... Like that, they would have some time to give us at least a COMPLETE GAME with COMPLETE FEATURES and with FEATURES THAT THE FANS WANT (Like GM Connected, bringing back the club practice mode)

On the current way they do things, they just simply rush to do this crap, money grab, rince, repeat, at least, this is the perception that i and several people get !!

docjiggy
  20. Da KornKob

Da KornKob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyone have an extra beta code?

dakornkob