* New * NHL 18 Beta General Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Bushook

Bushook S34 League Giveaway Leader

Ratings:
    +121 / 9 / -8
    It feels like they're doing the same thing that killed the fun out of FIFA by making movement stiffer/sluggish. Going back to 17, the movement is so much more nimble and enjoyable. Improvements to physics and realism are great, but IMO skating in molasses should be reserved for 50+ ping, not the best case scenario.

No Streaming Account
  2. EddieDrag

EddieDrag Check it Out! For Your Health!

Discord:
    EddieDrag (D)#3339
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -2
    The defensive stick control is sick..3's seems a bit fast and outta control, but that's kinda how it is supposed to be. Still some puck pickup issues and some dumb animations, but the flow seems nice. Chopping the puck has been tough due to new button dynamics. Seems that the overall dynamics of 6s has become a bit more defensive and not so many goals. The hits or bumps seem to be more aggressive and dynamic, seems the controller is rumbling all the time. Looking forward to the full blown game in September, hopefully they can polish it up and piss even more of the forwards off. My two cents...

EddieDrag
  3. Vrain91

Vrain91 Goalie/ R. Wing

Discord:
    Vrain91#6806
    Ratings:
    +413 / 17 / -51
    The goalies movements and speeds are spot on right now. Please keep it that way. Butterfly and Hybrid flow with their movements and the adjustment with their base stats feels right for the style of player.

No Streaming Account
  4. JmOnEy2436

JmOnEy2436 Goalie Consultant

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    Goalie froze after being hit. I did everything on the controller including the tricks that would unfreeze your goalie in 17. Nothing worked until my goalie made a save (somehow lol)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162396120

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    TheCreasePolice
  5. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    Fix the glitch where dekes go through the goalies pads please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  6. Big_B_1994_

Big_B_1994_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 7 / -23
    NHL18 gameplay sucks really bad it needs some major improvement.... But what can i say other than EA sucks (PERIOD). I mean i love hockey but EA is a joke. The only reasons why i buy it is bcs off LG and bcs most off my friends buy it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    This is the first game in awhile where I've legitimately enjoyed playing goalie. i haven't played much skater yet but goalie is great except for what @JmOnEy2436 mentioned about getting stuck after contact

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DunksDynasty
  8. Diamond-I4I

Diamond-I4I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Diamond#5504
    Ratings:
    +191 / 8 / -10
    Gameplay is too slow. Up the game speed and make the players smaller or the rink bigger like old gen and you have a game.

Diamonddangles4
  9. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    I would like to see more realistic player physics and puck battles. I'm tired of seeing players pinball off of each other and off of the boards. I think the game would be better off if we see more realistic physics. No more dmen running into each other and just bouncing off. The collision physics are way off in every NHL. If you're a player carrying the puck and the player gets hit while carrying the puck, the puck shouldn't stop with the player. Someone pass along the laws of motion to ea. No outside force is acting on the puck when there is body to body contact. Going off this the physics of puck battles in corners especially in dump and chases are terrible. A dman who misses a hit and runs into boards should fall or get knocked off balance. make players more responsible for positioning and contol and the game will become more dynamic.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Tjhdp11

Tjhdp11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277 / 27 / -19
    Make 3v3 EASHL penalties into penalty shots instead of putting CPUs on the ice. Puck through the boards is still a thing. Targeted poke checks don't seem to make sense, probably just me. If my stick makes contact with the puck on someone else's stick, the puck shouldn't just stop in the middle of the ice.

Tjhdp11
  11. SugmaDMcGee

SugmaDMcGee SugmaDMcGee

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    For EASHL:

Offense: Shots (from Human skaters) could be better. The deke's from AI's are somewhat unnecessary (because 85% of the time, the AI doesn't complete the deke). On the PP, keep the AI's how they are (pressure and puck-control). I personally feel the new deke combo's could be simplified.

Defense: Other than human skater's having their mental mistakes on defense, it's great adding the skill stick! Also, where did the hip-check go? A combo-button now? Don't change the AI defense.

Goalies: They actually make outstanding saves at times, so keep the same!

3-on-3 Arcade Mode:
    So much fun!

Still feels like an NHL 17 patch update, but otherwise, its a wonderful Beta. Also, would like to see GM Connected make a (successful) comeback in the future!

No Streaming Account
  12. Halfy

Halfy Internet Virgin

Discord:
    Halfy#1065
    Ratings:
    +549 / 57 / -53
    Bring back the stride deke. Make the between the legs deke work again. Computers are kind of OP. I like AI goalies. Breakaways aren't as sure fire now

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. VeNOM3O99

VeNOM3O99 Ultra Instinct (Sign) Goalie

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    The game's stability is still a problem. I've only played 3 games tonight, and all three games didn't finish because the oppponents got dashboarded (twice) and our entire club got dashboarded (once). Other than that, same issues that plague NHL 17 (glitch goals, wonky physics, goalies get stuck, etc) are plaguing the BETA.

VeNOM3099
  14. Reider15-15

Reider15-15 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Reider15-15#5161
    Ratings:
    +95 / 2 / -13
    Penalties in 3v3 club needs to settle down

Reider1515
  15. jumpyg1258

jumpyg1258 One wild and crazy guy

Ratings:
    +188 / 17 / -28
    I'm not sure if its been said yet but I hate the default defensive zone faceoff setup in 3v3. Should have the 1 D behind the C. Also not a fan of introducing bots into the game in 3v3. Also curious why there isn't a 3v3 option in club challenge?

No Streaming Account
  16. Josh l96l

Josh l96l XB1 LGHL BOG/SC & Insta Legend: Jalbz follow it

Discord:
    JALBZ#5040
    Ratings:
    +326 / 22 / -21
    Here is my opinion on the game so far. I will continue to update it as I play the beta.

Things disliked:
    - Goalies can knock off their own net outside of the play on their own.

- Goalies a little too sluggish would like a slight increase in speed

- Arcade 3s could be faster pace because it is an arcade mode

- Def Dman needs a tad bit higher stick handling

- Can be in a passing lane completely square in front of the pass and it will sometimes go thru you if it is hard. So cross creases can be forced a tad bit more than prior.

- Camera changes prior to face off. Making it look like I'm in the box sometimes when I'm actually not. It's nice to have change but these added cut scenes just look more annoying compared to being cool.

Things liked:

- the added dekes

- AI passing and dekeing is solid

- Rw no longer punished for goalie fights

- Less dependency on turds. Shot blocking rate has increased

- Different generated fan signs

- 3s. Tons of fun so far. It's been an absolute blast

Glitches:

- sudden pullbacks to player when puck goes near player (ex; player passes puck on breakout up the ice. As the player receiving the puck is trying to skate with speed and pick up puck at same time. He is sometimes brought to a sudden stop for no reason)

Things would like to see added:

- club practice. (Maybe a thing called Open Ice) where you can have a dressing room dedicated to players jumping into practice. So one person can go in solo but if someone else joins. They can load into the same session without having to exit and load into it together (similar to nba mycourt). Lots of players would like a place just mess around. Practice plays and such. Practice mode is good. But it's much more fun when you can do it with other human players

- Different celebrations and Individual celes (something tailored to defence). The defence might not score a lot. But they sure get tons of assists. It would be nice to have some kind of reward or a goal to try and reach. I'm more likely to reach 10000 assists before I ever reach 1000 goals. Even if it's one added thing.

- Smarter puck sense by AI when down by 1 on pk with 2mins or less remaining in game. They dump the puck too quick to call for a pass sometimes. When you need to find a way to generate a chance to score

- club stat saver (all time leaderboards inside each club) or ability to be apart of 2 clubs. We all have lg and we tend to leave the clubs we always play in to play lg. Is there a way to keep the stats of the club you care about.

- Take away Easter egg that doesn't allow the name KanyeWest

- add no helmet to the unlockables it's a lot more fun to see the flow as you play

- In club challenge. Allow home team to set up game rules. (I.e. There's a lg lagout that happened and you want to start the game from the third period for the slower clock. Have that option. Or even just longer clocks or different game settings if people wanna play custom games within club challenge)

- Increase club size to 25/30

- Password entry for club

- Club names from esports or past pro series in lg added to the play by play names inside EASHL.

- 3s arcade boards an unlockable in eashl

- 3s more face off options.

- virgin coin going to level 10 compared to level 3. We know a couple people who would make it there. We just want to be able to point them out

Overall I'm really enjoying the game. Although I'm playing 3s mostly atm and I am a shitter :poop:

Thanks again for reading. This is just custom input. I'll be continually editing it with my terrible suggestions as the beta continues. I'll continue to waste everyone's time reading this.

@LG McDonald @Nuge and any other game changer lol. Not sure who else is one.

Tldr

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Josh96_canucks
  17. TheCurtisJoseph

TheCurtisJoseph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 5 / -4
    Same game different cover.

No Streaming Account
  18. Foxnetsov

Foxnetsov Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Foxnetsov#6802
    Ratings:
    +247 / 19 / -45
    they need to focus on goalie more, we always get the short end of the stick because there's less of us but we have so many bugs with goalie. getting stuck, never having a chance at being one of the 3 stars because an .880 save percentage is considered bad by EA, even if you get say a .950 save% in a game if you win like 5 - 1 or 4 - 1 theres no chance of getting a star.

also give us a toggle so we dont get stuck to the post, i hate that feature and makes me go through too many animations to get off the post, just make it like old gen where it wouldnt lock you to the post, i can keep holding the damn button if i want to stay on the post (i already do that anyways)

now some proper feedback, ive noticed its easier to get sniped on just a regular shot if you're just a little off in positioning which is fine, i actually like that, people might be inclined to shoot a little more. i also feel like my goalie has horrible rebound control, im using hybrid not butterfly but i mean i think it should be a little better.

one last thing, DO NOT REDUCE GOALIE SPEED, its much better this year although i wish it was consistent, like if a player is close i feel i move a lot slower but if the play is in the other end i move quickly, i just find it odd

please fix the cover puck animations, if im on the damn post i dont want my guy flopping around covering the puck. i have let in so many goals because my goalie comes off the post to cover it (i know theres a button to turn that off but covering manually is even worse)

• Like Like x 1
    Tendy_x
  19. Foxnetsov

Foxnetsov Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Foxnetsov#6802
    Ratings:
    +247 / 19 / -45

one thing i'd like to add to your post is, the unlocking the ability to remove your helmets, it'd be cool if goalies could unlock the really oldschool face masks. the ones that dont cover the back of your head

doubt they'd allow goalies to play without a mask :( even though there was a glitch in nhl 14 that allowed it :p

Tendy_x
  20. Zamne

Zamne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,169 / 43 / -56
    My biggesst complaint is the balance between defense and offense. EA really buffed the defensemen, while nerfing the forwards. By nerfing the pullbacks and the right stick in general dramatically, there's no real creative way to get past a dman anymore but to skate by him, and with the addition of the defensive skill stick, buffed hitting and poke checks, even then you're out of luck. Even though the right stick was a little unrealistic, It was a great tool to get around an aggressive dman, now it feels you're forced to do the new dekes.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account