LGCHL CHL Player's Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Mar 10, 2017.

1. PhewPhewCam

PhewPhewCam Saginaw Spirit LW and GM.

Ratings:
    +100 / 2 / -10
    That would be fine and easy. Could even add a new role if it's that much of an issue. TCGM. Gets protection and is in charge of the TC group but obviously has no trade power and has to check in with the owner and GM daily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    PhewPhewww
  2. Canucksfan66420

Canucksfan66420 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think if you sign up for that position you should play that position and that for the Chl and if your playing like goalie that owner or gm should be suspended for 5 game or maybe 10 games.

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Active Member Platinum

Ratings:
    +143 / 7 / -13
    There needs to be some type protocol call for when a player lags out in the first 5 mins of a period. We just played a game where the opposing player lagged out right after puck drop and then scored 4 goals because they were using the CPU the whole period.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  4. Markz_51

Markz_51 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 2 / -1
    Why don't you just make it mandatory for your owner or GM to carry an Amateur or Veteran status. Therefore the person knows the structure of the league and has some sense of how things work. Season 5 will have a ton of Amateur status players and not everyone will make it to an AHL/NHL squad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. SnoowMann88

SnoowMann88 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    League needs to expand. I have players who havent been in the club as long as me playing 2 TCs in a week when i havent even played one.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Xx-_FDxGOD_-xX

Xx-_FDxGOD_-xX New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I been one every day 15 hrs a day and have not seen a league game

No Streaming Account
  7. TheShoeMoney

TheShoeMoney New Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -1
    Also can you confirm what the playoffs are going to be like this year? There is nothing official posted anywhere

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    TheShoeMoney
  8. Stavio_98

Stavio_98 Greatest Never Platinum

Ratings:
    +162 / 26 / -40
    @LG McDonald plans on a LGWJC would be huge . Also @PhewPhewCam thats impossible to make a tc league and would never happen idea is great not gonna lie but higher quality owners would make that a possibility but not mandatory because being an owner last season and I'm sure it carries over here it's hard to keep ur guys active on TC especially if ur a top team because normally top teams guys show up most of the time. Maybe if the development committee is set up with guys who actually care about the CHL ur idea is very possible but mandatory won't work out

• Creative Creative x 1
    Stavio_98
  9. PhewPhewCam

Ratings:
    +100 / 2 / -10
    I can only speak for the team I'm apart of but our guys would easily be down for it. I wouldn't even have to put in effort to field a team of 6 tcs once or twice a night. Just saying

Edit: and everytime you forfeit twice your chl team loses a point. Boom active tcs now have value.

PhewPhewww
  10. Stavio_98

Stavio_98 Greatest Never Platinum

Ratings:
    +162 / 26 / -40
    But that still doesn't work because we model after the real league and do they're scratched players get games that are mandatory. No. Ur idea is good just will never happen

Stavio_98
  11. PhewPhewCam

Ratings:
    +100 / 2 / -10
    Right.. Because in real life your also only allowed to play 3 games a week right...?

PhewPhewww
  12. lpfortin

lpfortin New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    honestly I would love that next season for the All Star games they will have AT LEAST 1 player from EACH team and aslo another idea will be to make a PROSPECT ALL STAR game ( TC'S ) and do that PROSPECT ALL STAR game like the weekend before trade deadlines or something like that. That way all the Owners and GMS in the league can take a better look at all TC'S in that league. Keep going go like that You guys doing a nice jo. League Gaming is getting bigger and bigger.

lpfortin
  13. Iplay_for_keeps

Iplay_for_keeps Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 4 / -4
    How is it an all star game with one player from each team? That's a participation trophy

iplay_for_keeps
  14. Eccoldsteel

Eccoldsteel LGCHL St. Johns Seadogs Owner

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -1
    I agree with Cam and McCanadians with the position locks and expanding the Qmjhl also id like to see interconfertnce game next season if possible.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. PhewPhewCam

Ratings:
    +100 / 2 / -10
    100 percent. Q and OHL HAVe to play in regular season. Think it's very positive for the league. I certainly do not agree with a TC all star game. The idea doesn't work. Tcs if there all stars are potentially gonna get called up anyways weather it's week 2 or playoffs round 1. Shit happen to me that's a reach. All star game needs a way better format and organization. And end of the year awards need to have real results. Not 3 owners picking like they did last year.

PhewPhewww
  16. PhewPhewCam

Ratings:
    +100 / 2 / -10
    Edit: I'd wanna double down on having a TC league organized or not. Owners should be punished if they don't field Atleast 3 TC vs TC games a week. Give us some sort of criteria where stats don't count. Owners and gms can play and have a few mandatory TC vs TC games where you can groom your tcs in real game situations but it's not gonna count towards your record.

PhewPhewww
  17. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 CHL Owen Sound Owner | CHL Social Media Director Platinum

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -6
    Is there any guidelines "set-in-stone" of having tournaments throughout the season, etc. for TCs? Just wondering - I ran a TC/Prospect tourney two weeks ago and was fun when people showed - now I'm running a couple tourneys here in a couple days and just would like to keep doing them annually for those wanting to play who are not getting time online or noticed.

Any thoughts?

srubrad35
  18. Mjolnir_49

Mjolnir_49 Kelowna Rockets Owner, RW #49

Ratings:
    +95 / 6 / -7
    Expansion: Not only gives players who want to grow and participate in LG an opportunity, it distributes skill (Las Vegas Golden Nights example, how many players will get a shot now that all those playerswill have to be replaced on the teams that get players taken in the expansion draft) I had enough active, skilled, TCs on my team to form their own high level team. Regional Placement of players that join: When players join lg they should first thing be placed into the league (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) they live closest to according to their submitted location much like the regionalrestrictions of the real CHL leagues (WHL for example is made up of players from BC, Alberta, Sask, Manitoba, Western US) . If there are an insufficient amount of signup for any particular league, players should be placed to the next closest league to their location. If this cannot be done on a grand scale, player location should be next to the player name during bidding so that the teams can do this themselves if they choose. I have a lot of ideas about how this can be done but the ultimate goal is to eliminate unfair advantages due to lag (one team plays a line from BC with a goalie in Florida, the other is all in Quebec, its less skill and more which EA server they are connected to. I experienced games with 14 ms ping this season playing teams with majority west coast guys (I am in WA) compared to 70 upwards playing the teams with players from QC, East coast, etc. The EA servers, drop in, etc are just not meant to have team A: 3 east coast fwds, a dman from Chicago, a D man from PEI, a goalie from Montreal play against Team B: 2 fwds from BC, 1 from Carolina, 1 D from Winnipeg, 1 D from Australia, Goalie in Boston. Especially when all the games are going on at exactly the same time, clogging up servers as is. This is just not a true test of skill in my opinion and is the biggest issue in LG for me.

Thanks,

MJ

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. itsjodach

itsjodach Barrie Colt Legend #s4

Ratings:
    +35 / 7 / -4
    To go off of what @Mjolnir_49 discussed above, I would completely agree with the direction of an expansion for a full 60 team CHL for season 5. As he and others have stated in multiple forum posts, there are teams that have more than enough TCs to fill other teams in the league and when looking at a number of players who have signed up on the PSN side of things, the numbers are fairly close to that of the Xbox League. With that in mind, there is still a need for suitable managers, yes, you can say that you would like to try and narrow down to find the perfect people for management, however, in the end, there will always be bad lemons. Let's take this season as an example, I believe that there were roughly 60-70 management applications, but instead of expanding the league to a larger team size, there was a decision made to limit it to 34 teams. Although I do not know the decision behind this, I would assume it is to do with the suitability of the people applying, but when looking at what has gone on this season, it shows that no matter how many teams there are, there will be managers who quit, don't follow rules, etc... The main problem with limiting the teams, while we have the player numbers, is that many of these individuals are not getting the playing time, ultimately leaving an uneasy taste because of their experience with the league and this may turn away some players for good. There are a number of people who stepped up to help throughout the CHL this year, whether it was because their management had quit or because they genuinely wanted to help out. Regardless, as more people get experienced simply as players, they will get a touch for how the league runs and worst case scenario if a manager does end up quitting during the season there will be people on the team that wants to step up. This is the direction I believe the league should go in because of the player count that exists. As stated above, if this were to happen, overall it would give a better experience to new and old players who just want to play. I would rather be on a team with shitty management and a losing record over stuck as a player among 30+ others on some teams TC roster. At least, in this case, there are things that people can change, compared to a smaller league where players must wait 3-4 months to crack a lineup. I know the expansion will happen eventually, but why not just do it for season 5?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    itsjodach