LGCHL CHL Player's Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Mar 10, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald LGHL PSN and Xbox Commissioner Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +9,250 / 43 / -342
    This weekend marks the middle of the season and time for you(the players) to give some insight into what changes you would like to see for the League or the Site.

There has been a ton of recent "hot topics" some which affects the players and some which don't. Therefore I want to see what your thoughts on these issues, as well as add your own ideas:

NHL
    AHL
    • Eligible players for call ups, and ECUs?
    CHL
    • EXPANSION!!! How? And How SOON!!!!
    Site Ideas / Changes
    • New chat system, (RIP-groupme/skype)
    • Pro Series? The Return?
    • New Site Home Page?

• Like Like x 2
    Lg_commissioner
  2. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz ThisGameSucksCYeaIn18 Platinum

Ratings:
    +279 / 19 / -36
    Longer Preseason for CHL
    More qualified CHL Owners (lots of people quitting and just giving their friends spots)
    Somekind of organized event to keep TCs active, make it manditory for Owners to organize games against other teams TCs.

For Expansion its important to have the right people owning teams, if there aren't enough owners that are qualified then why expand? It's just going to turn potential members away from LG in the future. IMO there are too many owners who take ownership to get games and don't understand the responsiblity or time committment it takes to run a team.

I would suggest that in the CHL players who have previously been Gm/Agms can become Owners. If your new and want to be in mangement you would have to start at a lower level of mangement. I realize that this isn't going to be a reality until the league fills up but it will help keep a certain standard for Ownership.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  3. VRain_19

VRain_19 Goalie/ R. Wing Platinum AHL GM (PSN)

Ratings:
    +309 / 13 / -45
    I will agree with the having players and new sign up starting from the bottom for management and working their way up. Gives them guidance while they are performing the roles they are given. Also makes it that much more important that Owners make sure a structure is set within the management team. Leads to overall better communication from the top down the line.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Pugz_360

Pugz_360 Owner of Moose Jaw Warriors

Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -3
    I agree with all the commotion with a few of the owners we had but I think the bogs have done a great job on fixing the issue with those guys
    What I think another expansion would be a great idea as we still have alot I mean alot of TCS in the league maybe the WHL next season I have enjoyed league gaming from the get go will most likely applying for ownership role again and think new guys could still be owners but maybe a lil bit more questions for the interview part of it
    But great job bogs so far this season

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    pugz_360
  5. XX_A_DeBrin_12XX

XX_A_DeBrin_12XX Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1
    I agree with management also but what about previous owners and gems from Xbox that come over to psn? You already have experience with management but something to look at.

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. mcanadiens24

mcanadiens24 Not French Gold

Ratings:
    +193 / 7 / -15
    As far as call ups go, I like how this season that the CHL can keep their prospect status players and their status won't change until they go through the draft before the following season. It keeps teams more intact to create chemistry among players and just the overall pillaging.

CHL Expansion? I would at least get the last 4 QMJHL teams if possible for Season 5. There's so many TCs and that's great because it means the league continues to grow but I feel bad when they all want to play and I cannot grant them that. Unfortunately there have been some poor owners/management in Season 4 but if we can do our part and weed those out. We should be good going forward.

The new group chat system is nice to have. However, still prefer using Discord as long as the LG app doesn't get an overhaul.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    mcanadiens24
  7. TheMonkeyShow

TheMonkeyShow Active Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -3
    We need some kind of rule or system when it comes to players not wanting to play because they are not on their friends team. CHL players should not be allowed to say "waive me or trade me". I believe that should be an automatic ban.

There is more in my head but too tired to think

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    themonkeyshow20
  8. Mazzatti

Mazzatti Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I've been on here since season 2 and I gotta say I've seen the best and worst of management in that time. Luckily I started with a good manager out the gate so I knew how things could work well.

First thing I would say about this league is that people should understand when they are signing up for the first time that it is unlikely that they will make a roster spot. It's just too difficult for a manager to make a move on someone with no lg stats no matter how good they might be over guys that have good stats already. People aren't actually reading the rules when they sign up so maybe have like a quick sheet of basic rule structure for them. I think about how when you get a new cell phone for example that they give you the full book on the phone and then they give you like a 12 step cheat sheet so you can get started right away. This might help break down some confusion for the new people.

Second I think there could be more expansion in CHL for sure. It's flooded with TC talent right now and since according to the pre draft report there were already going to be I think it was about 1,000 Amateur players that didn't make AHL rosters I think there's plenty of room for expansion.

Third, take away trading ability from AGM's. An assistant GM according to the rule book is supposed to be responsible for the TC's and be able to offer their input on who should be called up and know those players. Too many AGM's have gotten their heads swelled up with power and think it's now their team. It puts an additional strain on GM's and Owners to deal with this. Simple solution AGM's can no longer make trades.

Fourth, I think you should have the option of requesting a change in your position, say once a season. Maybe also allow a change of position in the event you get called up to the next league level. I don't know how many complications this would cause for the BOG's but I think it's valid and worth looking into. Many of us are skilled at several positions and it would be nice to be able to earn an opportunity in a higher league if you were able to fill a different position spot on their roster than what you're currently listed at.

Overall I think this league is really great and doesn't need any windfall changes too much. I've met some fun and great gamers on here and friends I'm sure I'll have for a long time. As far as pro series goes, I'm ignorant on that subject. If someone would be kind enough to give me a message or reply about that I'd love to know what it was so I could offer an informed opinion on it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. TheShoeMoney

TheShoeMoney New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1
    Alright well I'm on my phone so it'll be tough for me to write a huge response but here it goes.

As far as expansion. 100% S5 should have more teams. Look at how many TCs there around. What is it like 40-50 a team? For sure fill the Q and I think you should even consider looking at adding another league.

Tc engagement: there needs to be something where chl tcs stay involved. With the vast majority of the CHL tcs they need something to stay engaged until they are needed for a call up or ecu. Maybe like have league run TC games once a night. Sunday-Thursday where each team would have 6 TCs play another teams tcs. You could add that to the schedule but obviously it wouldn't count for anything. But it would be a great way for tcs to get watched and scouted

Owner: alright so many people in the league already know how I feel about the ownership situation. I really think owners need to have more of a vetting process. We have had 3 owner banned already? And I'm not going to speak on their replacements. One thing I will say though is this league is about trying to win game, not trying to play with your friends against competition. You should try and put the best team together possible. If you want to play with you friends go play drops or start a club.

Second Account issues:
    Instant 2 season ban, done final no questions asked. I'm sure the guys who run this site can figure out a good way to enforce it

Already that's my two cents. Good luck to all but one team the rest of the way. You know who you are.

• Like Like x 4
    TheShoeMoney
  10. TheShoeMoney

TheShoeMoney New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1
    Ps: for chl keep the no position lock

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    TheShoeMoney
  11. Customs_lll

Customs_lll Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think adding a shootout would be kinda cool , I know it would be complicated but say play 10 minutes into the overtime period or even the full 20 and if still no score have both teams back out and start a new game have all players move to the side except the shooter and go from there . Have both teams submit the shootout line up before the game starts . Could work or could be a dumb idea , just a thought

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. PhewPhewCam

PhewPhewCam KINGSTON LW and GM.

Ratings:
    +181 / 5 / -29
    One small thing that would be huge. Implement a rule where tcs play a schedule 100% mirroring the regular season. Weather you keep stats and records is debatable based on the amount of work. But at the minimum a mandortory pickup game of tcs. Say flint plays Saginaw. Flint tcs and Saginaw tcs play a pickup game (stats can count toward TC league or not ) and it starts either 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after chl game. Obviously chl only as were the only league with hundreds of hungry angry tcs that are mad there not playing. I feel that would atleast give us a place to give these tcs gaurenteed action and make them feel apart of the team plus you can send someone out there you've maybe never seen before as a tryout

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
    PhewPhewww
  13. mcanadiens24

mcanadiens24 Not French Gold

Ratings:
    +193 / 7 / -15
    Agree with Shoe above. CHL must stay no position lock.

• Like Like x 2
    mcanadiens24
  14. TheShoeMoney

TheShoeMoney New Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1
    Agree with Phew. But it would have to probably be after incase of ecu situations. Also idk if you'll be able to get enough tcs to play all 9 games a week. But I guess if the games were guaranteed then most tcs would stay active.

• Like Like x 1
    TheShoeMoney
  15. XX_A_DeBrin_12XX

XX_A_DeBrin_12XX Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1
    I agree with Phew 100% make the AGM be responsible for the TC's that way. I would recommend keeping some sort of stats so the gms or owners have something to go off of for ecu or call ups. I would also recommend that they would play after the games are completed for the night in case of any ecus for regular game. I think having the ea API would help greatly with this now that we have access to it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. keithguy

keithguy I like to Pardy

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Maybe add an ECHL between CHL and AHL?

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    keithguy
  17. VRain_19

VRain_19 Goalie/ R. Wing Platinum AHL GM (PSN)

Ratings:
    +309 / 13 / -45
    We would first need to fill the CHL up to it's full 60 teams before we can add the ECHL.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  18. PhewPhewCam

PhewPhewCam KINGSTON LW and GM.

Ratings:
    +181 / 5 / -29
    I gaurtentee I could get my team to play every single game. There would be people fighting for it. Now it would be hard to limit guys to 3 games a week true. And that's why it would be 30 or 40 mins before the game will be over and then they can ecu.

PhewPhewww
  19. smooth_op41

smooth_op41 Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -7
    As a first year owner and a first season player I think the league is great. My team is in the basement but I have kept everyone motivated and have had minimal issues.

The no position lock is great.

Agm not being able to trade might be a good idea. We haven't had issues with that over here at all but it seems like some teams have and that would be something to look into.

I see some teams wanting to remove there gm. The process of this seems quite difficult. Sometimes a guy you think could be great turns out he can't handle it and wants to step down. What if there was something in place to relieve him of his duties but still keep him on the team. Maybe have a big contract in place for him if this is the case. Btw not saying this is the case for my team.

Expansion seems mandatory for next season.

GL the rest of the way everyone

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  20. smooth_op41

smooth_op41 Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -7

This seems like added work for owners. Maybe like was mentioned designate that to the agms

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account