Chl and the new player signups are overlooked.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Recon_monster, Apr 20, 2016.

1. x-SPLATZ-x

x-SPLATZ-x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    I can't help but to wonder what exactly is going on with chl and new signups. I ask ahl gms and nobody knows the concrete answer on my questions. In my opinion ahl and chl players should be in same pool . it's well-known that there is alot of new signups this season . statisticaly lets say 25 % percent of new signups are better players or teamates than 25 % of existing players. So this 25 percent skates through to ahl team . not good for chl owners as I hear that any chl player can play full time in ahl .so there will be a large switching of hands for chl owners who get flooded with pissed off call downs. Sounds messy. scout games for chl are mediocre at best as we don't even see or know who is in charge of teams. And same players overbook in signups causing missed games and overlapping for many people trying to run and play . I find myself playing in ahl scouting knowing the information won't be past down to chl . seems very rushed and segregated. Maybe a LGCHL tap should be added to forum with info and GM post. not blended into ahl tab confusing it further. Because of the instability I'm hearing and seeing with info , rules ,and general knowledge I think it would be wise to open up the player bidding for everybody and let the league settle into its self. Only season two . guy x played a little more than guy z so he deserves to be here but z dosent. Well guy x sucked but made himself a little more avalible. Sounds like a bunch of people scared to lose there footing in league. Let it be competitive throughout the process. Alot of rant I know .lol sorry

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. Jlm1410

Jlm1410 S11 Jack Adams winner

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    They confirmed it earlier that prospects will not be allowed into ahl bidding but still can be called up to the ahl roster for the rest of the season

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    jlm1410gaming
  3. x-SPLATZ-x

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    I know but that's half the problem. Guys know very quickly who is who. So every ahl owner will be making alot more team transactions to where the chl team most likely will loose there integrity quickly as it becomes a mad dash to grab new recruits and friends . I think the chl is strong enough to stand by itself but let guys be a team . there's no team when guys will be stripped and replaced with mostly bitter call downs . first few weeks will be nutz for chl owners. Guys being pulled and pushed like crazy .

No Streaming Account
  4. x-SPLATZ-x

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    I would like to say that in the 6 seasons I was in vhl I had more fun in chl than ahl or the big show. Nobody backstabs or holds high expectations on others. Its let's get better and go out there and play.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. ndrdog

ndrdog 200+ negative ratings and 97% are from 4 people.

Ratings:
    +93 / 37 / -211
    Recon_Monster excellent post and you brought up some very good points. I know there is a lot of uncertainty out there over call ups and how they will affect both the AHL and the CHL. In the CHL, as in real life, player movement is just part of the business. It has to be expected and planned for. How each team will do that I can't say. What I suspect, and this is just a guess, is things may be hectic at first but will settle rather quickly. I definitely know what you mean about CHL being more fun. Lower expectations, less pressure maybe. One thing players do need to realize is the AHL is only so big. It's still better to get bid onto a team that to be randomly assigned. Cover your bases and go to at least a few camps for CHL teams. What's the worst that can happen? You look like a superstar playing against high school kids?

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Ndrdog
  6. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I believe your concerns are warranted the AHL management asked for prospects to come into bidding along with A and V status people. It was to my knowledge rejected. While yes the first week to two weeks is going to be hectic such is the way the system is set up currently. The Owners and GMs of the CHL teams generally know who is who and what is what on players if you want to spend half of your money on someone almost promised to be called up then feel free but you cant tell me you wouldn't do the same thing to make your team better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Nybarisny
  7. Filthy_Habitz

Filthy_Habitz Fred T. Hunt Award Winner (S1)

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    The league has its reasons for being structured like this. The more I thought about this the more I see where the league is coming from. Like you said player x or z or whatever was available more. He SHOULD be rewarded for that. Where as a player who joined the league less than a month ago shouldn't be rewarded by allowing them to skip the 1st grade so to speak.

Each AHL team will only be biding on their roster. Size of 17 guys. (2 of which are already on the roster as management)
    For instance I need 15 roster spots. Where as some other teams have guys already signed to multi season contracts or used their resign, so they need even less. Leaving the AHL TC roster to be auto assigned from CHL player.

The players who are able to be bid on are deserving of so by being a participant in this league from a prior season. Where as a newly signed up player has yet to pay any dues. So therefor must start from the bottom, rather than the top or mid.

Congrats on the league moving forward and I think I speak for most the AHL GM's when I say we are all excited to see what you all can do.

We will be watching......

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  8. x-SPLATZ-x

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    Paying dues is the only reason other than gms like you said with not as many picks wanting stud guys stuck on the pine for chl draft. But I wouldn't send Jack eichel to amerks because he did 1 year in Boston. I understand the point of view tho

No Streaming Account
  9. Filthy_Habitz

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    I also understand and would prefer if all Prospects were in the draft. That way if I wanted a guy I wouldnt have to trade for his rights later and call him up. Essentially just bidding a guy for the min, with full intentions of dropping him the roster from the jump.

But it will only be the first couple weeks. Which is crazy regardless, so if your meant to be in the AHL you will be. And those who were not meant to be will be CHL. It will all work itself out in the end.

Just concentrate on what you can control. Work on making your team the best you can with what you have available and always keep in my you will have to adapt. Adapting will be key in a successful CHL run.

FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  10. x-SPLATZ-x

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    Thanks for the replies I value everybody's opinions . this is all coming from a guy that dosent care where he go's.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Blisterix

Blisterix Well-Known Member

Discord:
    blisterix5429#0
    Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -7
    I think once chl season starts... It'll motivate people to play even in the CHL league.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. x-SPLATZ-x

Ratings:
    +63 / 15 / -11
    It's all fun on every level that's why we're here. Personally I'm having trouble in scout games as a goalie . it's like succeeding in drop ins lol. AI defence cause somebody quits scout game and then they just walk by him . here look good on all these odd man rushes. I just want a home so can get to work lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Bulging_twine

Bulging_twine Retired (Xbox & PSN)

Ratings:
    +1,725 / 255 / -303
    I agree on that one recon. Scout games are stressful as a goalie, because some are tight games, and others are high scoring goal fests. Mostly because of bad defense, and I'm just sitting there like "crap, this can't look good". Meh, let the chips fall where they may.

• Like Like x 1
    bulging_twine
  14. Filthy_Habitz

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    As a GM I would say I never look at the goals against for a goalie in a scouting game. I will look at his positioning. How he reacts to cross creases and wraps. He communication with D as far as screens or cherry pickers. I have had many of the same goalies play in scouting games. Some get 1 goal against then 6 the next. If he can stay in net like he is supposed to and doesnt quit he gets my kudos.

Goalies are only as good as their D. Chemistry is never built in a scouting game.

• Like Like x 4
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  15. Bulging_twine

Bulging_twine Retired (Xbox & PSN)

Ratings:
    +1,725 / 255 / -303
    Well I'm in your midnight game. You'll see my style soon!

bulging_twine