* New * Career Path of A CHL Player; Understanding How To Move Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Jan 29, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald LGHL PSN and Xbox Commissioner Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +8,386 / 33 / -302
    Coming into our four season of the LGHL on the PSN we had the ability to expand our CHL. One of the number one things a lot of the newer players have a hard time understanding is how they can move up the ranks; whether that be from the CHL to the NHL or even in some cases from the CHL Training Camp to an active Roster.

Player movement is tied to player's status which progress as games are played. Those status' also determine whom is eligible for what bidding session and even who can take management at which level.

Below are some of the more comment questions I've been asked. Hopefully I can shed some light on some of our frequently asked questions.

#1 League Playing Eligibility

• All three Leagues(NHL-AHL-CHL) are linked together in MANY different ways.
    • The AHL acts as a direction affiliation to the NHL (EX: Maple Leafs have direct access to EVERY PAYER on the Marlies). Whereby the CHL acts as player affiliation to the AHL (Every player listed on the London Knights is randomly assigned to the AHL, therefore not EVERY player has the same AHL affiliate). That is how an organization is made up from top to bottom.
    • Being eligible to play in certain Leagues is directly linked to your player status. Your player status is what determines what bidding session you are eligible for and also what the highest level you can play in is if you sign up late.
    #2 Understanding Your Player Status
    • The League is made up of four different player status'; Veteran, Amateur, Drafted Player and Prospect.
    • Graduating from one status to the next is based off of games played in a player's career.
    Prospect Player Status
    • Issued to every new player whom signs up for the LGHL.
    • Prospects are ONLY eligible for FULL TIME call up to CHL rosters.
    • Prospect players are assigned to AHL Training Camps for ECU purposes ONLY!
    • Prospect players are ONLY eligible to take Management in the CHL!
    • Prospects players graduate to amateur status by completing; ten games in the AHL or ten games in the NHL or 15 games in the CHL. If a player is successful in completely one of those three conditions, the player MUST first pass through the NHL Entry Draft prior to being updated to Amateur status.
    • Prospect Players whom are selected in the NHL Entry Draft are given Drafted Player Status. *if a player meets the requirements to graduate from Prospect to Amateur, and the player IS drafted, the player will retain their Drafted Player status for the duration of their draft contract*
    Therefore in order for a player to gain eligibility to move up from the CHL, a player must complete, ten NHL games, or ten AHL games, or 15 CHL Games or be drafted AND pass through the NHL Entry Draft. We do not allow players to retire prior to the NHL Entry Draft, then unretire after the draft with the intentions to skip the draft and head to bidding. If a player retires before the draft, and returns the following season or several seasons down the road, the player will e granted Amateur status if the above conditions are met, without having to pass through the draft.

Amateur Player Status

• Players whom complete a minimum of ten NHL games, or ten AHL games or 15 CHL games BUT HAS YET to complete 24 or more games at the NHL level is granted amateur player status.
    • Amateur players are waiver exempt when being sent from the NHL to the AHL(two-way contract)
    • Amateur players are eligible for NHL - AHL - CHL bidding sessions.
    • Amateur players whom sign up late to the season are eligible to play in the CHL or AHL.
    • Amateur players are eligible to be managers in the NHL - AHL - CHL
    • Amateur players whom complete 24 games in the NHL are graduated from Amateur Status to Veteran Status.
    Drafted Player Status
    • ALL players whom are drafted in the NHL Entry Draft are granted Drafted Player Status
    • Drafted Player are waiver exempt when being sent from the NHL to the AHL and from the AHL to the CHL.
    • Drafted Players are eligible for NHL - AHL - CHL play depending on where their NHL Owner assigns them.
    • Drafted players graduate to Veteran players after completing 24 games in the NHL
    • Drafted players are graduated to Amateur players AFTER their initial draft contract expires AND he or she has completed ten games in the NHL or ten games in AHL.
    • Drafted players are eligible to be NHL - AHL or CHL managers with permission from their Owner and if ALL other management criteria is met. By accepting a draft contract a player will not retain their drafted player contract.
    Drafted Players are issued a two season contract when drafted.

Veteran Player Status

• Players whom have completed 24 games in the NHL are granted Veteran status.
    • Veteran players are eligible for NHL - AHL - CHL bidding
    • Veteran players whom sign up late to the League are ONLY eligible for the CHL.
    • Veteran players are eligible to take Management in the NHL - AHL - CHL
    Once a player has reach Veteran Status, they will never be reduced to a lower player status.

* Player status from the PSN LGHL league are honored in the Xbox League. Same applies in the PSN league whereby your Xbox Player status is honored *
    #3 NHL Entry Draft
    • The NHL entry draft takes place during the off-season a few days before NHL bidding goes live.
    • All players whom finished the previous season on a CHL roster WITH prospect status are AUTOMATICALLY entered int the NHL Entry Draft
    • Players do NOT have the ability to bypass the Entry Draft
    • All players drafted can be played in the NHL - AHL - CHL depending on what the NHL Owner decides.
    #4 How Do I Earn Eligibility To Manage in the NHL and AHL?
    • Eligibility to manage in the NHL and AHL is gained the same way as players gain playing eligibility to the NHL and AHL
    • That means players in the CHL must earn at least Amateur or Drafted Player status to be eligible to manage at the AHL or NHL level.
    • If a player earns amateur status during the season in the CHL, that player MUST STILL pass through the NHL Entry Draft prior to gaining Amateur status as well management eligibility to the NHL and AHL.
    #5 What Is The Purpose of All These Rules and Restrictions?

The main objectives of these rules and restrictions are

• Create an environment whereby the top talent filters up the top tiers or the League
    • To allow for a buffer whereby player MUST play a certain amount of games at the CHL which creates structure at the lowest tier
    • To ensure enough time is spent at our entry level tier so when players move up the ranks either as a player or manager he or she has earned enough experience to be set up to be successful
    • Give value back to our NHL Entry Draft
    • Control the number of new players eligible to move up to the NHL in a manner than allows for growth but doesn't hinder our lower tier
    • Allow for a system whereby the CHL is given an opportunity to develop players, use a resign system, have a contract system and gain basic level experience using League systems and tools that are often used at the higher tier leagues.
    • To add as much of the real life CHL experience possible to our simulation league.
    #6 What Does It Mean If I Am On The CHL Training Camp?
    • Players listed on the CHL Training camp are players whom have not been selected during bidding and have been randomly assigned rights to the CHL.
    • The Training Camp is used as an over follow for players whom sign up after our bidding sessions are complete to have the ability to be assigned rights to a team.
    • By providing the CHL with an overflow of players has allowed the CHL to maintain a level of stability and ensure forfeit numbers are lower than ever before!
    • Being listed on a training camp unfortunately means a player is not guaranteed games each week. The role of a TC players is to fill in for emergency call ups(ECUs) as well in situations where players quit the league leaving vacancies on the active roster.
    #7 How I Get Off The Training Camp and Make It Onto An Active Roster?
    • During the season this can be EXTREMELY difficult. Teams rely heavily on TC players mainly for ECU reasons.
    • What I strong recommend is for TC guys to remain as active as possible during the season. Sign up for games weekly and be active in your team chat to let your managers know you are always around and willing to help out.
    • We are in a very unique situation currently with our CHL in the PSN league. We currently have 34 teams of a possible 60, allowing the league to grow and expand by an additional 26 teams. Mid-season expansion has occurred before but with very limited success. Therefor we tend to do the majority of our growth during the off-season!
    • As a player I strongly recommend teaming up with a few friends and taking over a CHL Team, even if it is for one season. The benefits of doing so would be:
    1. You will learn the ins and outs of the league EXTREMELY quickly.
    2. You will guarantee that you reach your 15 games in the CHL to ensure you obtain your amateur status.
    3. You will punch your ticket to the NHL draft for the following season.
    4. You will be able to network with AHL managers whom have your rights and get tips on how to move up.
    5. You will give 14-15 OTHER PLAYERS an opportunity to play! I cannot express how incredible that is! Not only are you going to enjoy your experience in LG better, you'll direction contribute to a better experience for 15 other players as well!
    #8 What Does the Future of The CHL Hold In Your Eyes?

In my eyes I see our PSN CHL league reach the same level as our Xbox league in terms of media, competitiveness and size! In order to get to that point the CHL needs to continue to grow and embrace a positive environment where all new players can enjoy the LG experience! If you are the type whom likes to look ahead and see what the future holds, I do strongly suggest taking a look at the Xbox CHL league. The forums are extremely active and the league is at a full 60 team compliment. You can also take a look at this very same post made for the Xbox League with a few differences that also better supports a strong CHL.

If you have any questions, please comment below and @ Mention me for a quick reply!

Thanks for reading!
    -Brodie

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Lg_commissioner
  2. RageElemental

RageElemental Wieners OUT!

Ratings:
    +14 / 4 / -1
    This is pretty heplful. This will be my first CHL season. I started by playing lots of scout games and that seems to have got me a pretty good amount of interest going into bidding. We'll see where that takes me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ragee1emental
  3. WilliamZicha

WilliamZicha Just your average centerman

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -4
    Thanks for the guide, I've been playing a lot of scout games, I hope that I can get a spot on a roster

• Like Like x 3
    PugCountry
  4. Osker814

Osker814 GM of the WHL Victoria Royals

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    How do scout games work for psn? Can't seem to get in one

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Thc4me4

Thc4me4 Owner Niagara Ice Dogs S4

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -3
    You need to sign up for one in the pick-up games. There are a few there.

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. TAR-Pit

TAR-Pit TAR-Pit

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Very informative. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    tarpit12
  7. RageElemental

Ratings:
    +14 / 4 / -1
    I find it helps to make sure your LG name is the same as your PSN gamertag. Also friend the host when you sign up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ragee1emental
  8. Laterdaze619

Laterdaze619 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    All my scouting games were with the same team. Crossing my fingers that they're interested!

No Streaming Account
  9. GaryLemley

GaryLemley LGCHL Owner of the Chicoutimi Sagueneens

Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -2
    Very well put together. This is my third season in the league and I am fortunate enough to have been given the chance at ownership.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Goblue513
  10. Levac27

Levac27 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 1 / -3
    I have 36 NHL games played, why i'm not veteran status ? Can you fix it please ?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. GEEOFF91

GEEOFF91 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So because I only need 2 more ahl games to become amateur after those 2 games am I eligible to be called up to ahl full time? Or do I have to wait until next season to be full time ahl player?

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon (PSN) LGCHL League Director Staff Member LGHL PSN League Director

Ratings:
    +373 / 6 / -14
    @GEEOFF91

Starting off, You will be eligible for the Season 5 NHL Draft (As long as you don't have a ban happen or another discrepancy during Season 4). In order for your status to change you will need to play in 15 CHL Games in Season 4. You are eligible for ECU to the Stockton Heat :team516: of the AHL or your NHL Organization The Calgary Flames :team29: but only for a MAX of 8 Games throughout the whole season & no more then 3 Max in a single week.

@thebrazenhead75

You Are available to put down your availability for BOTH CHL & AHL as the AHL has the right to call you up as an ECU if needed & as long as the game that the AHL Organization may need you in DOESN'T fall on the same time as the CHL Game you are in. If that is the case, It will be your CHL Owners decision if you are to be released to play that ECU game for the AHL Organization or not.

As far as turning off notifications, I am not aware of how to do that & don't think you can when it comes to the Team Locker room information in the AHL. I would navigate through your profile options or at that ALL your options in the upper right hand corner of your screen & possible there is a way in there but I highly doubt that. I apologize for not being able to give you a better answer for your second questions.

• Like Like x 1
    John_SheIdon
  13. RageElemental

Ratings:
    +14 / 4 / -1
    Update on how paying attention works. Tonight i played in my firt CHL game ever in LG. Did ok, not great but ok, the checked on the game for the AHL team that got my rights. They needed an ECU and i got to play in my first AHL game ever. Again, did ok, not great vut ok. Seems like just being available means a lot to most teams. Pay attention and you can get a shot, but don't be the guy that harasses the owner/gm for a spot. I've already seen how well that works. (Spoiler alert: Not well)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ragee1emental
  14. Ryanb42285

Ryanb42285 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If you are new as I am be available for drop in and non-season games. It will help build chemistry with your team and you will be caked on more. I've played one CHL game and one ECU Ahl game and I'm already getting a chance next week with a roster spot in chl. Just be available and try to play with your team.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. oBiLL3Yo

oBiLL3Yo Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -3
    Awesome lg is a pretty neat site crazy how they made it all up i love it. Only if it wss real money contracts eh :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    bill3y09
  16. LSCANUCK

LSCANUCK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What's the best way to sign up for ownership of a new team in the off-season? 2 buddies and I want to start something next season and help the league grow.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. Jbturf69

Jbturf69 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is cool. Been playing club and drop last few years didn't know much about this. Was refered by friend.

Can't wait to show my defensive ability and chemistry.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. bruce_ridgewell

bruce_ridgewell New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1
    looking forward to playing some hockey where nobody quits

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. O-jay23

O-jay23 S5 Owner of Swift Curent Brocos

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @LG McDonald I would like to sign up for a management position for next season when do I apply? I believe I have what it would take to be an owner or gm of a team if you could let me know some details on when and where to apply that would be great!:)

• Like Like x 1
    xxojay23xx
  20. LG McDonald

LG McDonald LGHL PSN and Xbox Commissioner Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +8,386 / 33 / -302
    We are a few weeks away from the S4 playoffs.

During the playoffs we put out info for everyone to read and review if they have interest in joining the management world

Lg_commissioner