Calder Cup Champion Interview

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Prince-Of-Zeus, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Prince-Of-Zeus

Prince-Of-Zeus Stanley Cup Champion

Discord:
    Zeus#3516
    Ratings:
    +330 / 8 / -18
    What's up everyone, PoZ here and I reached out to Season 3 Calder Cup Champion's Charlotte Checkers GM @SKILLEDPYTHON to get his take on what was going through his mind and how he feels after hoisting up that coveted trophy!

So Skilled, Congratulations on winning The Calder Cup having beaten the St John's Ice Caps 4-1

:team393: Skilled: Thank you, was a great series.

A lot of people were surprised that @J_Tryhard_412 was not used in game 1 against the Ice Caps top line but it paid off for you. I personally suspected you to use Tryhard in games 3 and 4 but he was used in games 3 and 5. Was this intentional or was it purely based on availability?

:team393: Although player availability is a factor for all teams, when it comes to strategy and tactics nothing is left to chance. The team has witnessed my methods of strategy and tactics all season and the results speak for themselves.

Game 4 was potentially the make or break game. You had two ECU players used in that game and you were still able to take down the Ice Caps top line. What to you attribute to the most in that win?

:team393: Strong defensive play by the defense and forwards along with timely opportunistic scoring and great goal-tending… A recipe for success against a potentially potent Ice Caps lineup.
    However just as important is truly knowing the team, the fact that I know the roster and TC players well was key to success.

Both ECU's are known to myself and the team, they were specific season acquisitions to add depth, they are good players who have helped this team throughout the season and playoffs.
    This was never a case of rolling the dice on a couple random players we know little to nothing about. Charlotte's depth was an important factor for team success.

Your tandem in goalies being @Cheesuschrst and @DoubleZERO33 were stellar all playoffs long with a couple of 1 goal games and a single 2 goal game this series. How important were they in winning this Cup for the Checkers?

:team393: Extremely important. A good team includes not only strong defense and offence but also strong goal-tending between the pipes. A team without strong goal-tending is unlikely to win an AHL Calder Cup or NHL Stanley Cup. It is essential for team success.

What are your plans for the upcoming season?

:team393: Since winning the Calder Cup I'm taking the time to carefully consider all NHL / AHL opportunities, I will likely make a final decision in the near future.

Any last words to say to your team and/or the Ice Caps?

Ice Caps,
    Hats off to you, great team, great bunch of guys, and great series, best of luck to all Ice Caps players in the future.

Charlotte Checkers,
    What can I say that hasn't already been said, outstanding bunch of guys, excellent TEAM, a true TEAM. What a ride, from a rough start to 14 consecutive wins to hottest team in the AHL all the way to a Calder Cup Championship… amazing journey. A pleasure managing the team, a true privilege as your GM this season. I'm going to truly miss this group as a team, love you guys. Wish everyone on the team good health and prosperity in the future… no matter where we end up in S4 we all represent Charlotte Checkers, S3 Calder Cup Champions!!

Well boys that wraps up an entertaining Third season of AHL LG Hockey. Congratulations to everyone that brought home the Charlotte Checkers first Calder Cup! You guys earned it!

@SKILLEDPYTHON - GM
    @lBl2llNlK - AGM
    @Cheesuschrst
    @jiccy31
    @J_Tryhard_412
    @Sycesg
    @Labrat
    @Double_brah
    @McDix24
    @drdetroit317
    @Matsab1515
    @DoubleZERO33
    @NatureX
    @MAVERICKASASSIN
    @Traz615
    @ImSikBoi
    @lxWaRpAtHxl

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    PrinceOfZeus
  2. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I'll say it until the day I stop playing LG. Matchups are important you never wanna smash the top lines into each other run that suicide line and see what happens. Chicago won a cup and they had a line lose every possible game in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
    Nybarisny
  3. Prince-Of-Zeus

Prince-Of-Zeus Stanley Cup Champion

Discord:
    Zeus#3516
    Ratings:
    +330 / 8 / -18
    As part of that line, I know exactly what you mean lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1