BREAKING: VHL Migrates To LG

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ash x 7, Dec 1, 2013.

1. lL A lK lE

lL A lK lE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +486 / 1 / -7
    If you see anyone being a troll anywhere, hit me up with a private message. I hated those douche bags on League Arena and I hate them now. I'll put them in their place.

No Streaming Account
  2. bfp7

bfp7 put em in a coffin.

Discord:
    bfp7#0
    Ratings:
    +1,671 / 33 / -70
    thats so hawt dude.

In World of CHEL
    bfp2k_
  3. WoollyDanimal12

WoollyDanimal12 Super Dragon

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I laughed really hard at the hair-cut of the guy to the right of Anderson Cooper. Must have asked for the "Sonic" at Supercuts.

No Streaming Account
  4. Ash x 7

Ash x 7 Got Club?

Ratings:
    +773 / 0 / -1
    It's become the way of the internet.

I play deck hockey in real life, and the locker room always has a mix of regulars and newcomers. These newcomers come in all shapes and sizes, from the 20 year-old marketing student to the 40 year-old father of three. And it would never occur to me – or anyone else – to tell one of them after a game "wow, you're really bad" or "shut the fuck up" while they're talking to someone else.

And yet, the very first time I walked in the chatbox – either league's chatbox – this is how I was greeted. To this day, those people don't understand why I don't particularly care to be their 'friend'. The law of the land is : you take the abuse, smile, and ask for seconds. If you ignore it, they see it as a challenge to increase the trolling until you are #rattled, and everyone is laughing and pointing the finger at you.

It is, by far, the most stupid and unattractive aspect of playing in league.

Some LG regulars have been complaining about the increase in trolling since the VHL guys came over. They say it's not fun anymore. But, take it from a neutral observer who isn't particularly loyal to either camp : it's the same amount of ball-busting / trolling / bullying that existed before, except now it's coming from unfamiliar names that all seem to be friends with one another. Suddenly, LGers are realizing what it's like to be on the receiving end of strangers who have strength in numbers busting your balls for sport. And they don't like the taste of it.

Out there in the real world, I bust my friends' balls all the time. But they wouldn't be my friends if that's all our relationship was based on. At the root of it is a solid friendship. Without that root, the insults are just insults. On the internet, it's like everyone has decided to skip that step and start the interaction right at the ball-busting level. There are people in this chatbox that I've been nothing but nice to since first stepping foot here, who still, to this day, cannot address me without passive-aggressively insulting me. Even as they're asking me for favors.

This is why people assemble into little cliques for mutual support. You might as well call them virtual gangs.

It is what it is, and it's not going to change anytime soon; unless you want to play in a league with a minimum age requirement of 30.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  5. cowboysmack

cowboysmack el sueño de crema

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    yall cant take it... babies

No Streaming Account
  6. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Wow, not gonna lie, I didn't expect such a mature/profound post from the guy named "Anal Surprise".

BLicK1252
  7. Youngn the pmp

Youngn the pmp Pimp

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2
    now all of the bums and annoying jabroni trolls i left at VHL are coming here? super duper!

youngnthepmp
  8. Ash x 7

Ash x 7 Got Club?

Ratings:
    +773 / 0 / -1
    Ha! ;) You never know what's hiding behind these weird names. That being said, as nice as your comment was, I have no illusions about what I was opening myself up to when I wrote that.

Case in point. ;)

I wrote it for the silent majority that could relate. They're not alone.

For everyone else, I just set myself up as a punching bag. ;) I'm okay with it.

No Streaming Account
  9. ARoguePineapple

ARoguePineapple Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ARoguePineapple#9357
    Ratings:
    +425 / 2 / -10
    [​IMG]

ARoguePineapple
  10. Yo itz Charlo

Yo itz Charlo I miss the basics

Ratings:
    +488 / 37 / -4
    Well, if anyone wants I bypass all of that BS and just play 6s or drop ins HMU. Always down to play with good people. I tried posting in the chat box before but I am done with that bc everytime I either get slammed by these trolls. Simply by asking if anyone wants to play! Or I get no response. As a former VHLer, I look forward to playing with some of the LG guys out there and getting pumped for S17!!

IG HangOver

No Streaming Account
  11. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    rip

• Funny Funny x 1
    Serpe_x_13x