BREAKING: VHL Migrates To LG

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ash x 7, Dec 1, 2013.

1. NicoH58

NicoH58 NicoH58

Ratings:
    +1,249 / 38 / -43
    Not much nemzy.

Luna0995
  2. x S m ii R k Y

x S m ii R k Y Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    I miss my 3000+ posts damn it!! All that work!

No Streaming Account
  3. bnoser49

bnoser49 styling and profiling WOOOOOOOOO!

Ratings:
    +323 / 30 / -63
    my concerns don't lie in where I will play, we ALL know that answer,(see stats), and keep in mind I do not know much about the whole situation, but I feel the question has too be asked as to why all this is going on ? did some of the problems that occurred there just get transferred here? am I the only one that has noticed a different "tone" in the chatbox lately? I guess I am looking for an explanation from a source(s) that know, and I think I speak for more than a few players.

No Streaming Account
  4. PvtKillaa

PvtKillaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504 / 0 / -1
    Now I have to start posting in the forums again. :(. Where are all of the articles. I need to pull out the "good read".

PvtKillaa91
  5. You Got Trumpd

You Got Trumpd I Only Pass

Ratings:
    +215 / 5 / -4
    Noob, Your 99 Forum Presence will Bring You, K-slice, and Doc to what you were in VHL lol..

You_Got_Obamad
  6. Ash x 7

Ash x 7 Got Club?

Ratings:
    +773 / 0 / -1
    Rob E doesn't represent the entire VHL. He represents angry, talentless virgins with awkward social skills.

Swagger is from that same VHL and I'm pretty sure he, and others like him, will be very liked by the LG community.

No Streaming Account
  7. Nemzer 89

Nemzer 89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 0 / -0
    And for absolutely nothing at this point in time.

True

No Streaming Account
  8. McInnis_91

McInnis_91 Your Mom's Favourite Hockey Player

Discord:
    McInnis#4196
    Ratings:
    +61 / 10 / -9
    Love this!

s91mcinnis
  9. TNP Predator

TNP Predator Follow The Buzzards

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Cant wait for the new season

No Streaming Account
  10. x SMP 7 x

x SMP 7 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    Here's the one thing I will say regarding that. The community wasn't the problem at League Arena. The problems lied 110 percent at the feet of one incompetent programmer. Tris is elite, your community is elite, you guys have been able to survive ups and downs for years, so we are here. Problems solved.

That said, the one downside about LA is the fact some people have giant egos and have to play the roll of troll all the time. On LA, that was cool. We all knew each other. Knew who we liked. Knew who we hated. It was our community. For now, I wouldn't say the latter is the case. Yeah, we are merging leagues, hence making the league and website just as much ours as they are yours. But, in reality, until your season is over, this is still your website. And, in reality, it always will be your website.

For that reason, I plead that some of you who feel the need to troll all the time hold off for a bit. LG guys have every right to feel apprehensive about this merger. We need to make sure we make them as comfortable as possible. I don't want to see us screw up a chance to play competitive hockey on a functioning website.

That is all.

No Streaming Account
  11. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    Or, these "trolls", read: "attention seekers" could just stop being inconsiderate and annoying and just act normal. I know it's asking too much but maybe some standards can be enacted to ensure not only a smooth transition but an enjoyable community. It's one of the reasons I stopped doing the radio show; not going to put work in to just have it trolled. Same said for Power Rankings that were done.

f5penguin
  12. x SMP 7 x

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    This is another thing we can't have. Here's the way I look at it. You, as a goalie, have just as good a shot as anyone else to make an NHL team as long as you scout for teams and perform well in those games. That applies to everyone. One of the best teams in the VHL (and the only team to win back to back cups), Chicago, made a living off of finding so called "no names" in scouting. In fact, they had the best goaltending tandem in the league for 2 or 2.5 mil. And you know what? No one heard of either of the goalies they bid 1 mil on. In fact, one of those goalies won a Vezina just last season.

Here's what I will say. Assuming we have the same number of people here this season as we did on LA during its highest point (roughly 1800 players), owners will without a doubt be taking scouting games into major consideration. I can't imagine how hard it is going to be to build a team with the plan of only bidding on people you have heard of when over 1700 people are in the pool. If you want to play in the NHL or AHL, both of which will be more competitive this season than ever before, then scout. Get your name out there. If you perform well, I promise people will take notice.

No Streaming Account
  13. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    What SMP is trying to say is we need to butter them up really nicely before we show the full penetration... they key is, we show it.... the full penetration.

BLicK1252
  14. x SMP 7 x

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    As a former troll, even I have to step down from my high horse (ask NzT, Lan Moran, Act1ve, or S13 Detroit how hard that is for me to do) and give that an LOL.

No Streaming Account
  15. Frisky Q Kumber

Frisky Q Kumber The Grind Line

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Okay, so I have a serious question. What happens when you put a/an in front of a stand alone consonant or one in an acronym? Would you say 'a' because it is still a consonant, or do you say 'an' because, for example, the letter 'L' sounds like it starts with an 'e' when you say it. And 'e' is a vowel, so with that reasoning you should use 'an'. I'm really confused.

Thoughts?

No Streaming Account
  16. x SMP 7 x

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    I've always went with the rule that "an" used is before a word starting with a vowel, and "a" before a word starting with a consonant. I can't remember ever being corrected on a/an usage in any of my papers or articles using that rule. However, that doesn't mean that's how it is. Good question doe.

No Streaming Account
  17. GOW LIKE A BOSS

GOW LIKE A BOSS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I would just like to say that I really like how much faster this website loads. I no longer feel like I need a fiber-optic connection just to browse a website. That is all.

No Streaming Account
  18. MLGesusl92l

MLGesusl92l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 6 / -8
    That's pretty much right. However there are certain words that sound like they start with a vowel when they do not and vise versa in which you would start the opposite.

No Streaming Account
  19. Yo itz Charlo

Yo itz Charlo I miss the basics

Ratings:
    +488 / 37 / -4
    The whole trolling aspect of this community really needs to be taken down a notch or three. New members that come in and others who are silent would probably speak up and enjoy this community even more if people would kill that whole aspect of the forum. Don't get me wrong, I love the shots at friends and inside jokes. That's all fun. However, the amount of people asking simple questions or trying to be heard that immediately got shit on by these trolls is out of line. Have a little bit of leniency on people new to communities like this.

No Streaming Account
  20. o3EYEo stocktoN

o3EYEo stocktoN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Less troll , the better the community.

No Streaming Account