BOG's in Charge of IHL

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming International Hockey League (PSN)' started by GonzoArmstrong, Aug 20, 2016.

1. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Why are you listening to a bunch of babies crying that everyone should get a trophy for participation?

Currently if you guys man up and stick to your guns there would be 11 out of 14 teams in contention for the 4 playoff spots with 10 games left to go. This is more than fair. Not every team makes it out of the group stages in International play.

I've been told hundreds of times on this site that Xbox does something this way so that's how we do it. No ifs ands or buts about it. Xbox IHL has 4 teams making playoffs and its worked. You don't listen to guys complaints about official LG rules as its "worked on xbox" so why do it now with IHL.

@MysticMac_IRE , @Baris7688

No Streaming Account
  2. birthday_machine

birthday_machine I'm not staff anymore

Ratings:
    +256 / 3 / -14
    This is my doing, not Mystic and Baris.

I've been doing owner interviews for the past week, and consistently I keep hearing that staff doesn't communicate enough, and we don't listen to owners. I've been using the IHL as a chance to work on some of these things.

I presented the xbox format to the owners, but many of them wanted a different format for the playoffs. "This is your tournament", has been my mantra for the IHL. If the owners can all agree on how they want to play it, that's the way to go.

Getting a unanimous owner vote on rescheduling the draft worked just fine, I have a lot of trust in these guys. If the owners all agree they want things to be a certain way, that's awesome. I'm just here to facilitate a fun tournament.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    birthday_machine
  3. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Currently if you guys man up and stick to your guns there would be 11 out of 14 teams in contention for the 4 playoff spots with 10 games left to go. This is more than fair. Not every team makes it out of the group stages in International play.

The above point still stands. Sure more owners want in the playoffs but when 11 out of 14 teams are in the race that's a good enough sign. Also outside of the current top 4 teams almost every team is at .500 or below it. Do they really deserve to be in the final dance?

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    Gonzo what your saying may be the right way to go next season but keep in mind the tournament is weeks in. Changing the format now will never happen.

This tournament is for us to have something extra to do during the off time and if the majority of Owners agreed to have the format a certain way then so be it. You are way too late here.

Respectfully Niner

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. GonzoArmstrong

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    They're changing the format is the thing. The format was posted as following xbox rules and is now being voted on being done differently by the IHL owners. I was saying they should just keep the top 4 teams make it.. so we're on the same team niner ;)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    Then I will insert foot in mouth now

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I have been on vacation for about a week now checking Skype and LG every so often to make sure the sky isnt falling in LG Land. I'll be back on Sunday morning and will then be caught up on what is happening by game time on Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Nybarisny
  8. birthday_machine

birthday_machine I'm not staff anymore

Ratings:
    +256 / 3 / -14
    The format was only finalized and posted Friday AM, barely 48 hours ago. A lot of the owners asked if it could be done differently, based on earlier conversations we'd had, and I was open to going down that avenue if they could reach a unanimous decision.

This is not at all the normal protocol of what would be done during the regular season, and it would still need to be cleared by McDonald. But if there's a call from 14/14 owners to change something, I think it makes sense to listen to them.

It's a fun 3 week tournament, not a dictatorship.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    birthday_machine
  9. Bulging_twine

Bulging_twine Retired (Xbox & PSN)

Ratings:
    +1,725 / 255 / -303
    This is still a game right?

bulging_twine
  10. Daddy Marino

Daddy Marino Daddy's Home

Discord:
    Marino#0159
    Ratings:
    +532 / 27 / -102
    just follow the Xbox leagues stop trying to be different to feel better about your ps4 selves

• Winner Winner x 1
    Marino71
  11. nochance85

nochance85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 165 / -20
    Changing the format is fucking dumb. Whats the point of having a balanced team in the IHL if a team with only 1 good line can win it all in playoffs bc there owner cried and says everyone should make playoffs. This is worse then handing out participation trophys these days

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nochance1018
  12. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I feel like top 8 is the most realistic personally, and gives each team a chance to put out all 3 lines, but that's just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    JClaus33
  13. ARoguePineapple

ARoguePineapple Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ARoguePineapple#9357
    Ratings:
    +425 / 2 / -10
    I like boys.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1