Bidding on players with "P" Status

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Moranaconda, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    I would like to officially beg that we allow "P" status players to be bid on in the AHL. I think this would go a VERY long way to help level out the talent from the NHL to the CHL. As it stands currently "P" status players will not be able to be bid on but WILL be able to be a full time call up. I see this creating a ton of issues for CHL teams as they will have guys assigned to them who may have only played a handful of games last year but are very good players and should at the very least be on AHL rosters. I see these players being purged from CHL teams throughout the season and really putting the handcuffs on. This could all be avoided by allowing "P" status players to be bid on in AHL bidding. Please think this through and give some serious consideration to allowing us to bid on "P" status players and the rest will take care of itself. Obviously for this season and this season ONLY.

Respectfully

Michael S. Moran
    Moranaconda
    GM Hershey Bears
    LGAHL PSN

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  2. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Best post i have seen on this site in forever

• Like Like x 3
    Nybarisny
  3. lll_ScArEcRoW_ll

lll_ScArEcRoW_ll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 3 / -7
    Good man

No Streaming Account
  4. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    #MoranacondaForPresident

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    I mean it only makes sense right guys?.. And then after this season EVERYTHING will fall in line exactly where it should be without any issues moving forward. (for the most part LOL)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  6. tha_nightman

tha_nightman Sometimes you just gotta pay the troll toll...

Ratings:
    +45 / 3 / -6
    I support this. This season only as the CHL is new.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tha_nightman
  7. I-Thorpe-I

I-Thorpe-I I play games

Discord:
    Thorpe#6436
    Ratings:
    +178 / 56 / -57
    Also, most Ahl guys from season 1 aren't going to camps.. Which makes that hard for people to go to a new team and get new players. Only players ever signed up for my camps are, NHL draft prospects like gonzo, or new to LG S2 players. And if I can't bid on them, that will force me to bid on players I played with last season. Like moving a team over and not giving new people a chance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ithorpei
  8. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    Gonzo is a chl prospect tho

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Pastahnak
  9. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Anybody heard anything new on this?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  10. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Revisiting this thread once again in light of some new information. Apparently (more information coming in the next 24 hours), the CHL contracts will come with what they are issued in the CHL. For example if xxPLAYERZxx is given a 7million dollar contract by CHLteamX and is randomly assigned to AHLteamX, if they want to call him up AHLteamX will have to free up 7million dollars in cap room to call up xxPLAYERZxx. So in order to call up someone that is on our randomly assigned TC roster we will have to clear money? So for example if my top RW/LW has his PS4 broke in half and is then placed on the IR, and i want to bring in the top preforming TC guy on a permanent basis i will be unable to unless i can fit the contract in that i did not give him? So because a CHL owner operating underneath a different salary cap and not affiliated with my team at all i will have to find perhaps a lesser preforming player, who is assigned to me because of perhaps his contract is more friendly to me? I dont believe the AHL should have to be handicapped by the contracts handed out by the CHL when they are already assigned to us.

I believe a simple solution to this may be to either A-Allowing us to bid on prospects or B-not allow the contracts to travel with them instead being reset to 500k.

nyBARISny
    AGM of Bing Senators
    LGAHL

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Nybarisny
  11. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Well yeah that would only make sense... Ok so if we are staying in lock step with the way the "real World" works then wouldn't it only be right that we could offer them a contract as we see fit to join our organization?... That would NOT make ANY sense what so ever Baris I completely agree with you there brother. For example I am sure say Conner MeDavid had a contract with the Erie otters but it is not like his contract would follow him to the AHL if say he was NOT drafted and wanted to sign out of juniors...(bad player example but you get the gist) There is no way that they can do this...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Moranaconda
  12. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    @MCDONALD l19l I really wish you guys would give some serious thought to my original post in this thread. And please consider this for just this season as there is over 1800 people signed up and there are really good players who did play last year and did not get enough games that do not belong in the CHL... They deserve a chance to be bid on in at least the AHL and I feel it would go an extremely long way in helping to level out the talent through the leagues.. Not to mention avoid the entire mess that is going to ensue after AHL bidding concludes...

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Moranaconda
  13. iD4N3_90

iD4N3_90 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 8 / -33
    @nyBARISny never even thought about it that way... Definitely should be like a salary limit on the max/min value of the TC player being called up... Like if they go for 250k in chl make them 500k AHL/NHL then if the person is like you said 7 mill the max should be just 1-2 million as if they are being chosen through the draft. Some kind of guideline like that would help out a lot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Id4n3_90
  14. Buildingwhat

Buildingwhat CTMU

Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -1
    As you guys have suggested there are some very simple ways to fix this problem, but it would need to be done very quickly so team owners can plan their AHL/CHL bidding accordingly.

CHL feeds AHL, AHL feeds NHL. That's how it is and that's what the system should support.

Let all P status be available for AHL bidding (I think this is the best option if we want to speed up the process of players finding the right level), or give CHL teams a realistic budget and salary average drops to tens of thousands instead of millions. Or just simply reset any CHL contract value when called up. Salaries can't carry over, or we have 3 leagues competing for same players when the system should support a simple hierarchy.

Nobody plays this for the virtual dollar, having a 10 million dollar contract in CHL is nobodys goal, they'd all take a 500k NHL deal over it. It's the level of play, measuring yourself against the best and the prestige of it that motivates people to play.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    A moment ago - MCDONALD l19l : Looking at the AHL bidding numbers, we are shorthanded big time when it comes to goalies and defense. So since we want a positional lock we are gonna put the Prospects into AHL bidding

• Winner Winner x 1
    jdforthy
  16. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    I guess that is better than nothing..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  17. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Isnt that exactly what youve been asking for?

No Streaming Account
  18. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Absolutely but only half.. As all "P" status forwards still cannot be bid on.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  19. iD4N3_90

Ratings:
    +146 / 8 / -33
    @GonzoArmstrong there is still going to be an issue with certain CHL owners letting ahl management use THEIR FWDs..

Id4n3_90
  20. iD4N3_90

Ratings:
    +146 / 8 / -33
    Well there won't be an issue because there's nothing the CHL owners can do if the AHL NEEDS their players.

• Like Like x 1
    Id4n3_90