Article Two Amendment Vote

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, May 6, 2016.

?

Thoughts on the amendment?

1. Yes amend the rule in Article Two

147 vote(s)
    89.1%
  2. No amendment required

18 vote(s)
    10.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852

Obviously both are conflicting rules where if we allow Article two to stand we wont ever get games played. I am proposing we remove the lines in article two to ensure this doesn't occur again. Therefore forfeits can be taken as per our playoff rules

I vote we remove it from Article Two

Thoughts

• Like Like x 5
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. Kryss85

Kryss85 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kryss85#0
    Ratings:
    +170 / 19 / -28
    Yes it needs to be amended, but only if proper procedure is followed

No Streaming Account
  3. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    I would like some more information on this, like stated in the other thread. Are we putting this in retroactive? If not are we going to implement this in round 2 and forward. My vote would be yes, either way if it's retroactive or starts in round 2 because it keeps it even. I would vote no in terms of this is implemented for the rest of the first round only.

Sevv_09
  4. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    I will not vote on this unless the new text is presented within the ballot. I want to know exactly how the new text will read before voting instead of making assumptions.

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. xo Super

xo Super ur mum

Ratings:
    +114 / 12 / -8
    No doubt amend the rule but change and move forward. Anything that happened before the change is set and move on.

No Streaming Account
  6. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    That's a separate vote.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    5.3 is going to say "this section outlines the process for forfeits during the season and playoffs"

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. adidaht88

adidaht88 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    adidaht#5622
    Ratings:
    +82 / 21 / -34
    I don't think games should be given forever to happen, but I think giving a little more time than regular season is OK.

• Like Like x 2
    adidaht88
  9. Don Miguel 33

Don Miguel 33 NHL Series is Bad

Ratings:
    +132 / 15 / -14
    Absolutely, this is a 6's league. We don't do this to count down the seconds till we can take a forfeit. The playoffs should be given more leway in order to get games played.

No Streaming Account
  10. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    If you take the time to be management for any season whether it be a shortened summer season or not you should be able to cover your ass when it comes to ECU's and time management. If you make the playoffs your first few thoughts should have " I should get everyone's availability including training camp " and " if player A cant make it , i have TC player to replace no biggie " .

Now if your counter argument would be " well i asked for the avails and no one got back to me " then sir you fucked yourself for building a shitty TC. Rule should remain the same. If you don't want your season to end on a forfeit cause you couldn't be home , or you couldn't find someone to cover or you couldn't get someone to play " then DON'T be management

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Or teams and players should respect each other to show up on time, notify each other when they can't show up on time, or simply ensure someone else is online on time to play for you.

The league is literally and hour and a half commitment per week for the average player... in the playoffs, its about an hour for most players...

You are right, I got into this to have the most competitive league and create a fun environment for everyone to play in. That also doesn't need to get taken advantage of to the point the League loses good players and members due to frustration.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. Don Miguel 33

Don Miguel 33 NHL Series is Bad

Ratings:
    +132 / 15 / -14
    Sorry you hate crass. That is the only reason this even got blown up. It's sad dude. Any other team in the league, this game would've got played Wednesday, there'd be no scumbagging, and BoG's wouldn't be going to every extent to try and screw a team out of playing. I know you won't agree publicly, but we both know that it's true. At least you guys overturned it, but talk about having no respect for a team or it's players? You should be the last to take a moral high ground when it comes to that.

Also, if these "good members" otherwise known as the crybabies, leave the league because of a decision you made, are they really "good members"? If they do leave, is this your way of deflecting the blame onto someone else? At the end of the day, you write the rules, and you are supposed to amend the constitution when necessary. Don't blame crass for standing up for his opinions, and giving you a good enough argument to win. That's not his fault. That's your and the BoG's fault for not being on the same page, and for letting this get blown up to this extent.

I've never had anything against you, but to play the blame game, and justify scumbagging in the playoffs, just because you hate crass, is pretty low man. I played with you in Minnesota, I thought you were better than that. Again, sorry crass (and I) believe you should play a playoff game in a 6s league. What "scumbags" we must be.

Give me a break.

Also, I am very close to choosing to never return to this league because of how this situation was handled. But, I'm friends with crass so I'm probably "not a good member" right? All the hate we've gotten, and the blatant lack of disrespect from you and your BoG's, all for wanting to PLAY our playoff game, is beyond disappointing. This situation was truly a new low for this league, and I've hated every part of it. I mean, even after you decided we had a valid argument, you still try to make your amendment retroactive just to screw crass.

You've taken all the fun out of this season, and I honestly don't know if I'll come back. I just hope you see how poorly this situation was handled, and that in no way did you, twochins, or the BoG's handle this even remotely well, and it's a shame you try making crass the villain when it was your unamended constitution, and some scumbag loser that caused the problem.

End of rant.

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.