ESports Announcing the E-Sports Hockey League and the LG CUP

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Tris10, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    [​IMG]
    Hello everyone,

Today the Leaguegaming staff is happy to announce a new chapter in our 14 year history, the expansion into E-Sport and the creation of our new championship the LG CUP.

There is no denying the future growth potential of E-Sports as every day it's knocking down new barriers and becoming more mainstream, we recently saw how the real NBA is going to create E-Sport franchises along side their real life franchises and now gamers will be the stars.

As of yesterday there was no one filling this space for hockey. And that ends today.

LG semi dabbled in professional tournaments with the LG Pro series and with the departure of @Nuge we decided to completely rethink what the pro series was and what we can do in today's online environment. Thus we are going to officially end pro series but rebrand and create the E-Sports hockey league in its place

We plan on creating a new league software system to better brand teams/franchises as well as the individuals. With the API system every game will have full stats and career data for your professional careers. We also also plan to reach out for official sponsorship to sponsor teams and prize pools.

Below, @LG McDonald is going to discuss the some of the League Structural changes as we transition from Pro Series, to the E-Sports Hockey League.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 37
    • Winner Winner x 13
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    It is a pretty exciting day for us all here on LG. I feel pretty fortunate to be able to discuss some of these new ideas as well as present information on this new League idea, that I believe will allow for a higher level of competitive gaming here on LG.

For NHL 17; we have a few things planned out. First and foremost, LG has committed to supporting the "EASHL Year End Playoff Event" sponsored by @Savvy x91 @Greb and @mashle93. Any EASHL teams or players whom are interested in this event, check out the link below for all the details!

EASHL Year End Playoffs; http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...red-by-marc-savard.247903/page-5#post-1593971

Also for NHL 17, we are extremely pleased to announce we will be running another "Pro Series-like" event. I use the term Pro Series-like because there will be some adjustments to the structure and how this is going to move forward here on LG. This event will be hosted by LG, and ran by @frostx17 and I.

At this correct time we do not have an official start date for this event, but be prepared for something next week to be put out as I antiseptic the event starting sometime in early April.

The real exciting news I want to pass along is in regards to the LG Cup Structure for NHL 18 and future NHL titles. This is something I think we all can get excited about and will really bring a new life to competitive 6s hockey.

The format that is currently being finalized will four major events during the duration of a NHL title. These events will be broken down into;
    • Three Qualifier events
    • One Playoff final event
    The idea would be to run three qualifier events whereby we issue LG Playoff Points to top teams whom participate in these events. After the three qualifier events are completed, the teams whom have accumulated the most amount of LG Playoff Points will receive an invite to the LG Cup Playoff Event.

Each qualifier event will have a buy-in requirement, as well as a money prize issued to the winning team, and the runner up. A percentage of the buy-in money from all three qualifier events will also be pooled together and given out to the team whom wins the LG Cup.

There are still some moving parts of these events that are being debated and reviewed at this time. There will likely be a "Event Structure Review" discussion whereby some veteran's of Pro Series and these events can preview how the LG Cup and Qualifiers will be run. Some of the scheduling and event structure details will be released at the same time as we announce the PSN Event for NHL 17.

Another key feature Tris and I are looking at right now as we try and exhaust our own personal resources is the possibility of bringing in sponsorship to this event to supplement our prize package. We are looking at providing the team whom wins the LG Cup a copy of the next NHL title, some LG Swag(Championship T-shirts) and we have even considered mailing our trophies. As Tris stated above, E-Sports is breaking down barriers each and every day, which may allow us to reach out to companies like Pro Hockey Life, Sports Chek, Monster Energy, Warrior Hockey, etc for a sponsorship whereby LG will provide advertisement of their brand in exchange for cash prizes which will be given out to the winner.

The future is extremely bright here on LG as we come near our 15th year anniversary. The site growth and community has truly allowed Tris and I to dream bigger and hope to bring in newer and better things for the NHL Gaming Community.

At this time I'd like to personal thank some members of our community for helping us get to this point;

@Nuge big thanks for getting Pro Series off the ground! Your dedication hasn't gone unnoticed and we are looking to build off the momentum you started.

@Savvy x91 @Greb @mashle93 for getting the ball rolling on some more meaningful events! Also for you feed back on some of the LG Cup ideas that Tris and I were throwing around.

@frostx17 for the dedication to these events. You've put a ton of time into this new structure and as we discussed I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out for this next PSN Event.

@Williams x12x hell of a job of the new official logo! I do believe we have one set up for PSN as well, that is the PSN controller! Just so our PSN fans aren't upset.

And finally to the rest of the NHL community whom calls this site and our Leagues home! The time and dedication put into LG is all done so all of you can enjoy these experiences and events. I am looking forward to moving these ideas and this forward as we begin a new chapter of competitive hockey here on LG.

We are also planning a live media event to discuss more info! The event is scheduled tentatively right now for next Thursday, March 23rd, at 9:30 PM. This event will be for both Xbox and PSN players whom are excited about the E-Sport Hockey League and whom have questions surround our scheduled NHL 17 events and our plans for NHL 18. This media event will be hosted by @Moranaconda and @vhigh our two NHL Media Directors from the LGHL PSN League.

Pretty exciting day! I hope all the hype and wait was worth it and I am looking forward to seeing these events take off!

Cheers
    -Brodie

• Like Like x 27
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. Koho

Koho Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Koho#5978
    Ratings:
    +452 / 43 / -30
    LETS GOOO

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    Pro Series worked out, sure this will!

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    jackbauertuna_
  5. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    k

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    @Yung Jaq is still waiting for his pro series trophy

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    An important question, what are the prices of the buy-ins? Because the $15 one time purchase model worked out well. And for it to make sense to even compete you would have to pay for all three to stand much of a chance to acquire the points needed to receive an invite. There is only one real shot at this, I hope you all execute it well!

APsychicTaco
  8. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Sick ass logo props , LG future is sure bright with new additions like these.

• Winner Winner x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  9. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    nhl 18 will suck

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Dan0245

Dan0245 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 13 / -16
    There is such a small leaderboard on NHL that you can scroll through the whole list of teams that have played ANY amount of 6s. There is almost 100% of people who would be willing to play in a formal league on the site already. 4k sign up for the 300 total 6s clubs. Not going to be that large of a community or even a change of what it is now unless the product (game) is better. NHL 9,10,11 you could find a game at 7 oclock in the morning on a work day. You can hardly find a game at 7 now that isnt a league's club team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Those are some of the questions and things we are looking at and gonna work out edits in the next few months

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. bMaJuH

bMaJuH Free Agent

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 47 / -79
    Here is the Official video for the brand new E-Sport Hockey League here at LG. I hope you all enjoy! :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Youcef252

Youcef252 New and Improved

Ratings:
    +59 / 44 / -83
    Good Job

No Streaming Account
  14. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    This announcement is underwhelming. Hopefully it all works out, wish the support and excitement from you guys could have been there sooner.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Old Old x 1
  15. Odieeeeee

Odieeeeee mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Discord:
    Odie#7453
    Ratings:
    +2,088 / 38 / -69

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    OdieNHL
  16. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    You should have just waited until April 1st to announce this.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Evasive l24l

Evasive l24l Evasive

Discord:
    Evasive#9066
    Ratings:
    +175 / 107 / -121
    I'm so excited!

EvasiveR6
  18. Rantalion34

Rantalion34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +551 / 63 / -136
    No shout out for ya boy?

No Streaming Account
  19. xMikheyev-

xMikheyev- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Huge For LG this website is really gonna start branching out more looking forward for the future

No Streaming Account
  20. MajiikalSniipes

MajiikalSniipes Getting good

Ratings:
    +89 / 49 / -32
    Awesome! Is this Xbox Only though?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account