An AHL Management Tale

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by GimmixPwns, Nov 30, 2015.

1. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    No player opinions which is the largest group in any league, everyone knows management puts in more time. Also players lost their trade requests in favor of management. You guys did delay the season for you benefit and pissed off a huge number of people (not saying it was wrong) and with the number of management who quit this season my god.

Sevv_09
  2. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    The loss of trade requests has cleaned the league up tremendously and we delayed the season because we wanted to still have a season. I went through this at length previously in that if we didn't delay, there was a serious risk of 5+ management teams stepping down, thereby delaying the season anyways. As for the management who have already quit, not a great defense for that other than they were a product of our limited Ownership applications which the players didn't step up for.

I always liked how the PA ran under CrazyRon but in the years since not much has got accomplished. Some players have quality opinions and can make a difference, hence why the Player Association forums were left up. However, for the most part many just prefer to play their games and let the Owners/Staff run the league. If there's a drastic league decision than sure, we will poll the players but giving them a say on many behind the scenes matters seems obsolete.

Anyways getting off track from OP, continue along

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Jay_Rulez
  3. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    @Sevv09

The statue of limitations will have to be considered as well. If the rule is changed to say that an invalid roster does not require a replay of the game in situations where that invalid roster didn't affect the game, then if a team from week one had that occur, they won't be able to come back and appeal it now. The limitations is two weeks, so if this was voted in by the owners, the Gulls would be able to appeal it under the new rule?

Does that make sense? It is similar to me buying an item from the store that goes on sale a few days after I bought. The store will honor that, but if I got it six month ago, that isn't the case anymore

LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    The statue of limitations is two weeks for "most" complaints to be filed right? Now this was then brought up here and discussions began, was that within two weeks of this ruling? If so then it would be able to fall under the statue of limitations, it wouldn't be when real life would allow you vote because that isn't on the Gulls and on Staff and ownership being active. Makes sense but this all seems to be in a linear timeline without lapses unless there is some big lapse in which we are missing out here as the general public.

Sevv_09
  5. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    For appeals, I think two weeks from the time you were issued the punishment is fair. Like I said I don't want the S20 Marlies asking for their wins back for the overturned games from last season. There needs to be a line drawn, and I feel the line would be two weeks from the time the punishment was handed out.

On a side not, (not directed to you sevv) and I will be posting this if this all turns around. The original decision made by staff to have the games replayed was 100% right. No one can argue that the Gulls didn't have an invalid roster. And no one can argue that the rule states that results in wins being replayed. That isn't up for debate no matter how many posts this thread has. The rules were followed end of story. Therefore if the Gulls were to get out of a replay, it would be the result of a rule change, then an appeal being filed, then the decision overturned.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  6. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    I totally agree there needs to be a line just stating that if it was started within the two weeks, unless we want to force staff and owners to be held to even higher standard

Sevv_09
  7. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74

There you go sir: ---------------------------------- <<<< there's your line

In Diamond Dynasty
    Sebby6138
  8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    That reminds me of the old BOG threads @honesrule

"update line"

• Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    Oh boy.... those old "update lines" from the shitty techno league.... brings back memories

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    In Diamond Dynasty
    Sebby6138
  10. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    "Hard work pays off"

• Winner Winner x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. GimmixPwns

GimmixPwns Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    Where do the votes happen, where's information posted, and who is involved? Or is it in an owner's forum I don't have access to? Just curious if I'm missing something

gimmix8
  12. SoGringo8040

SoGringo8040 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirRugsAlot#0799
    Ratings:
    +620 / 40 / -59
    you still do just can't get away with it as much now.

No Streaming Account
  13. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,296 / 33 / -46
    Part of the problem is rules change and are added every season by Brodie and whoever else but no one takes the time to consider the repercussions until a situation comes up later involving said rule. Then all of a sudden it's like wait a minute this doesn't make sense, but by then the league just counters with "well it's in the rules and it's too late to change that" type deal. There probably needs to be some middle ground. Especially for rules recently added or updated.