AHL Playoffs: Round 2 Interviews

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Prince-Of-Zeus, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Prince-Of-Zeus

Prince-Of-Zeus Stanley Cup Champion

Discord:
    Zeus#3516
    Ratings:
    +330 / 8 / -18
    What's up everyone, I'm back once again to bring to you what these remaining 8 management guys have to say about their team/opponent. You know me, and you know the crew so lets get this ball rolling!

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Hershey Bears :team350: vs :team301: WBS Penguins
    This time I have the :team350: @HJHF14 joining me and as always The :team301: @JLott0910 has returned once again to talk about this match up. At the time of this post 59% of the league thinks that The :team301: will come out on top.

Jlott, how do you feel about closing the last series in 6 games? Especially since your team was the only one from the East to not need the full 7 games.

:team301:
    Honestly I had a very strong feeling the last series against the Tbirds (again hats off to them, they were a great opponent) was going to be 6 games (that was my PickEm guess too)...I knew my guys had it in them to finish it out and that's what they did. And I still have 100% confidence that they will do it in this series as well.

Do you generally expect the same thing out of this series as well or do you think it will be tougher than last series?

I'm expecting a tough series from both teams. This match up is both the best and the worst right now. The best because it is 2 top teams against each other and fun to watch, the worst because I literally have nothing bad to say about these guys and there's no bad blood between management.

How are you preparing for the upcoming series, as they are in my opinion your toughest obstacle pretty much all season

:team301: I'm preparing for this series by laying on my couch, drinking my beer and scratching my ass....Nah I'm jk lol I have a really great active group of guys (as you would know Zeus, you are still part of this team in spirit ❤) and they play together almost every night outside of LG. So really we are preparing by just keeping active and having fun. That is the way I manage as the GM.

Finally, how many games do you think it will take you guys to win this round?

I said it last series and I am going to say it again this series. It's going to be a 6 game series. The team that capitalizes more on the other teams mistakes is going to be the one that takes the series. Both teams have the ability to do so, and that will make it a fun series to keep an eye on.

Alright and now HJHF14, The Bruins had you in a tight pinch last series but you were able to pull through as a team and make the reverse sweep possible. How does that make you feel about that series in general?

:team350: Going down 3-0 was just the wake up call the team needed. Can't go out there with a half-hearted effort or half of a lineup and expect to win. We overcame with #Grit and #Leadership

Do you think the Pens will let you get away with that kind of play this series? They are generally not a team to let off the gas once they are ahead as I'm sure you're aware playing against them this season.

:team350: The Pens will not let us get away with such mistakes. They are deep at every position without many weak links. Going to need to play smart positional hockey to win those close games

What are you guys doing to prep for them next week?

:team350: What we're doing to prepare is really just getting pucks in deep. Gotta put the puck on net. Can't be afraid to crash the net and get to those dirty areas. No fly-bys! Don't give up anything in the high slot and we'll be fine.

Lastly, how many games do you think it will take to pull out on top again?

:team350: We got a great buncha boys from Toronna Ontario, absolutely fantastic kids who played their junior in the OHL. I believe we can win the series in 6 games, but guys, we didn't even win yet

Good luck to both of you guys for sure, you're gonna need it :p

St. John's Ice Caps :team392: vs :team410: Utica Comets

For this next part I have @x4HxPESTILENCEx from The :team392: joining me this time around and @Jg3542jg of The :team410: returning again from last round. With which 75% of the league thinks The :team392: will win this series.

You guys are the Cinderella Story for the league right now it seems. Taking out the top dogs that are the Crunch. Are you guys embracing it or does it add extra pressure?

:team392: I don't think it adds any pressure, most people have slept on us all season long, so beating the Crunch finally got people to recognize that the Ice Caps are a talented team. If the league wants to call us the Cinderella story, that's fine.

Are you confident going into this series?

:team392:
    I'd say we believe we can take on any team and succeed. The key for the Ice Caps is to not be over confident, we know the Comets are another very strong team. Hunter and myself need to keep everyone focused on this series and not let them think about the next one.

How are you guys preparing for this next series?

We have our game plan set, now it comes down to executing it.

How many games do you think it will take to bring the Comets down?

I'd like to think 5, but it could very easily be 7.

Now JG, you guys are now considered the underdogs with less than 25% of the league thinking you will win the series. How does that impact your team if at all?

:team410:
    NO impact at all. League voting to me, especially this year, means absolutely nothing as far as accuracy. Hell we are in the final 8 teams, and only had two guys even on the all star ballot, and no representation in the all star game. I mean you can't even make this stuff up.. So there is an example of voting accuracy for you! That said, 25% doesn't surprise me at all.! At least 25% took a closer look at what we have in Utica and have a clue. If anything it is just more motivation to shut down the uninformed doubters.

Having won in 7 games your team has a little more experience now, do you think it was worth going the distance so early?

:team410: You always want to win in four and you don't go to 7 by choice.

Anything special being done for your next opponent?

:team410: No, we are going to do what we've done all year and bring our game to the ice.

How many games will you need to take out the Ice Caps?

:team410:

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Charlotte Checkers :team393: vs :team362: Iowa Wild

For this power match up (in my opinion) We have The :team393: with @J_Tryhard_412 whom stepped up for me so I could get this done a little earlier for you guys (thanks again!) and from The :team362: I have @Sfic16 here to bring some light on this match up. 60% of the league thinks The :team362: will win this series.

So Sfic, with your first round behind you in a swift fashion how do you feel about your next opponent with them having a similar result?

:team362: They are a solid team. We are excited to face them and expect a tough, grind it out series.

The Moose were hardly a challenge it seems do you think the Checkers provide a better test for you guys?

:team362: I wouldn't compare the two. The checkers are another challenge on our way to the Calder cup.

Are you guys doing anything differently since the Checkers are stacked from top to bottom?

:team362: No, consistency is a key component to winning.

How long will it take you guys this time to take the series?

:team362: 6 games.

With the league voting 60% to the Wild, how do your guys feel about being labelled as the underdog JT?

:team393: As a team we never feel like an underdog. We know if we play the way we have all season then there's no team that can stop us. And don't take that as me being cocky it's just we feel really confident entering this series that we have what it takes to pull it out against a very tough Wild team.

The Wolves seemed to have not been that tough of an opponent for you guys having beat them in 5. Do you think the Wild will give you a better challenge?

:team393: The number of games last series doesn't do the Wolves justice as they were a very tough opponent, but the Wild do present a different challenge. We expect them to play with the same intensity as we will be, and hopefully it will be a good series.

Anything special for the week ahead that you are saving for the Wild?

:team393: Not that i know of, but I'm sure i can speak for the whole team when i say that we plan to play to the best of our abilities and we plan to win.

How many games will it you need to take out the #1 seed from your division?

:team393: Its gotta be 6 or 7. I don't expect it to be easy at all. Good luck to both teams and may the better team win.

Ontario Reign :team517: vs :team363: San Antonio Rampage
    For this final match up in this round we have The :team517: @eye2797 and the :team363: @francey2325 joining me for the last match up. Interestingly enough the league thinks The :team363: will win this series at a 55%... yet the Reign swept them in the regular season just like :team515:... (rip)

So being that the league thinks you are underdogs all of a sudden Eye, even though you swept the Rampage just like you did the Condors in the regular season.

:team517:
    For us being the underdogs really doesn't change anything. Me and francey both have good teams otherwise we wouldn't be here, at the end of the day someone has to be the lesser of the two, weather its games won or votes for who's gonna win the series.

Does that motivate your team even more?

I would love to sweep them in the playoffs, just got to take it a game at a time and if it happens to turn out that way then so be it.

Who are you looking out for from the Rampage to be a problem?

An individual we need to look out for in the series has to be Microwave 4-0 with a 2 GAA and an 82% in the playoffs is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Are you going to sweep them again? How many will it take?

Finally Francey, having beaten the top seed in the West, are you guys riding at an all time high now?

:team363: After beating the gulls we feel confident but we are not under estimating our opponents. We know that the reign are a good team and we plan to bring our A game against them.

With the regular season shaping up against the Reign the way it has, how do you think you will handle rallying the boys to take this team down finally?

:team363: Rallying the boys won't be to hard after the huge upset we pulled off in the first round. They won't need to much encouragement to come out this round and play their best!

The league is behind you but only barely, who are you worried about the most from the Reign?

:team363: In my honest opinion, there are a bunch of guys on eyes roster we have to make game plans for. Just like the gulls, however the one we have played against and scouted the most that has given us a hard time is their goalie moose. Guy has been unreal between the pipes against us. We will make the proper adjustments this series in hopes to take this team down.

Will you be able to take this team down just like the Gulls from last round?

:team363: I feel with the teams we both have this will go the distance. But it will be a nail biter game 7 to take us past this team

That's it peeps! good luck to all those still in the playoffs and I look forward to going into a deeper session next round so be ready! Cya

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    PrinceOfZeus
  2. Rantalion34

Rantalion34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +551 / 63 / -136
    #BearPride #NoSleepTillCalder

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. LxBriinkk

LxBriinkk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +583 / 28 / -50
    Great interview Justin. I'm excited about the wild series myself. Knowing a few of the guys from that org fairly well, I know it will be an amazing series. Best of luck to both teams.

• Like Like x 3
    ibi2iinik