AHL Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by MafiaMan15, Dec 15, 2016.

1. AppleWizard47

AppleWizard47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    This is just my opinion. Don't like it, make your own. Think your team is better, prove me wrong. I will post write ups when playoff spots are finalized.

Atlantic:

(1) Hershey Bears vs (4) Providence Bruins

Bears:

The favorites in the Atlantic, the Bears look to reach the finals. @PoopinSince95 has put up some good numbers, probably better than his skill level but he’s still a good forward. @HJHF14 and @I2I-Way-Hockey are both capable of holding their own in the offensive end as well as the defensive end. Hershey can produce two solid lines with the midseason addition of @LudiChris1214. The biggest question mark on this team is defense. Although I don’t think it’ll matter in the divisional playoffs, but if they run into a team like Syracuse or St John’s, having a lack luster defense against explosive offenses could be their downfall.

Fun Fact: The Bears have the 2nd best powerplay in the AHL cranking in over 30%.

Offense: A-
    Defense: C+
    Goalies: B
    Game 7 Lineup: B+

Bruins:

Well, someone has the be the worst team in the playoffs and usually it’s more difficult to pick than this. The Providence bruins are an atrocity to the Atlantic. This is the best you could produce for the 4th seed? @Squall227 has put up decent numbers. @bottle_man is an okay dman. The rest of their roster puts up decent scores that Tiger Woods would be proud of.

Fun Fact: After the first round, look out for them on the golf course. They are good at putting up numbers in the minuses.

Offense: D
    Defense: D-
    Goalies: D
    Game 7 Lineup: D-

Season Series: Bears won 4-0
    Playoff Prediction: Hershey in 4
    Hershey wins 4-3

(2) WBS Penguins vs (3) Springfield Thunderbirds

Pens:

This series could go 7 or end in 4. All of these games are going to be very close. WBS doesn’t have anyone that I would consider “elite” but they do have a solid lineup up and down the roster. Everyone on their active roster is above .500 and only two players have double digit losses. @B00gie_man— looks to carry the offense in this series. @Vows_ofvengence and @Tylee will be relied upon to protect the WBS tendies. WBS goalies have been the difference maker all season long and will need to continue that trend to stop the offense heavy thunderbirds. If WBS can keep games low scoring, look for them to move on quickly. If they can’t, it will be a long series. Look for @DaBears182 and @steelersfan26 to “steel” a game or two.

Fun Fact: The WBS pens have the worst faceoff % of any team in the playoffs.

Offense: C+
    Goalies: B+
    Game 7 Lineup: C+

Thunderbirds:

The Thunderbirds have one of the best lines in the east with anyone that plays with @Thumbssss. @Thumbssss would have won the points title if he played the entire season which would have likely seen him at over 120 points. @Baertschi_47 along with thumbs have absurd shooting percentages, both cranking in over 49%. @Saucccey is a solid 2nd liner that could get the job done against WBS. Other than @Craven-A-27, I do not see a relevant defensemen on their team. The Thunderbirds should look to get games into an old school shootout. With @SGDragonSlayer in net, they are looking at multiple goals against a game. Their goalies won’t steal them games, but I think they have the offense to overcome their defensive deficiencies.

Fun Fact: Thunderbirds are tied for the most shorthanded goals of all remaining playoff team.

Offense: B
    Defense: D
    Goalies: D
    Game 7 Lineup: C

Season Series: Thunderbirds won 3-2
    Playoff Prediction: Thunderbirds in 7.
    Pens win 4-2

North:

(1) Syracuse Crunch vs (4) St. Johns Ice Caps

Crunch:

The Crunch have been arguably one of the top teams all season long. @jmm420 has been playing some of the best teams all season long and makes a strong case for league MVP. This is one of the only teams that can mix and match lines and still have chemistry through the lineup. As the holidays roll around, mixing and matching based on availability could be a game changer deeper in playoffs. @jmligt anchors a tough defense that also features @Swifty and @QuicKnesS-02. @TheRealGrimlax has only lost 9 of his 41 starts in net. It is easy to see how the Crunch are considered favorites in the East. The stat that sets this team apart is their TOA difference which is nearly 40 minutes better than the second place Iowa Wild. With all that puck possession, it could be very hard to generate scoring opportunities against them.

Fun fact: The Crunch (going into the final night) have the best PK in the league and have also been on the Power play more than any other team. They also have the 2nd least amount of hits in the league.

Offense: A
    Defense: A
    Goalie: A
    Game 7 Lineup: A-

Ice Caps:

Since this is my own team, I will keep things light and fun. The Ice Caps have two very good lines with ME and famous taking our chemistry from late night enforcer fests as well as @HunterofHaj’s line holding more than their own. @JSILVERS and @Vito_Corleone are two of the best dmen I have played with in a long time… My shitty Minnesota xbox team could have used them this season. If @Famous_T_Nasty can figure out how to use the R2 button correctly, this team could make it to the promise land. In order to do that, Hunter will have to avoid belittling @x4HxPESTILENCEx for losing to the Poouins and Rochester. @KMcDonald_24 will continue to be the Ice Caps mouth piece and tell you how bad you are if you say something he doesn’t like. @xKLuTchDoLphiNx & @Im-beast-ur-not_ are two of the better goalies I’ve seen and can keep us in many games. This series could be a quick death or an all-out bloody war.

Fun Fact: Every time @Famous_T_Nasty enters the zone it looks like this... [​IMG]
    Offense: B+ (Because Pestilence brings it down ;)
    Defense: B+
    Game 7 Lineup: A+

Season Series: Crunch won series 3-2
    Playoff Prediction: Ice Caps in 7 with almost all games decided by one goal.
    Ice Caps win series 4-3

(2) Albany Devils vs (3) Utica Comets

Devils:
    In what appears to be one of the most hated teams in the league, they definitely have a lot of people rooting against them, mainly because of @mikeydee1. This team has some Solid defensemen that should help them lock down Utica's lackluster offense. @Austin2997 and @King__Ramon could be a shutdown pair. @Kash-kormier put up impressive numbers during the regular season. @BigFreeze064 has been a tough opponent and hopes to bring Albany to the promise land. Overall, I don't see this team getting passed the 2nd round whether they play the Crunch or the Ice Caps

Fun Fact: @mikeydee1 will surely post something stupid on this thread about his own opinion of how Albany could win the Stanley Cup.

Offense: B-
    Defense: B
    Goalie: C

Comets:
    The comets only have a few players that are of playoff caliber. @Its_Jimbo_Slice and @CanadianKush2121 have their work cut out for them. Although I think they will win both of their games, I don't think the rest of the team can handle even Albany. @Chex_Mex83 is more than capable of playing D, but other than that, the team looks rather dismal. The only way this team has a chance of advancing is if @TylerLOEKEY turns into Matt Murray and steals games. Only problem is, they have too many Rico Faata's.

Fun Fact: Only 3 Utica players finished in double digits for +/-.

Offense: D+
    Defense: C-
    Goalies: C
    Game 7 lineup: C+

Season Series: Comets won 3-2
    Playoff Prediction: Devils in 6
    Comets win series 4-3

Central:

(1) Iowa Wild vs (4) Manitoba Moose

Wild:

The league leader in points and ultimate nub basher @Kingbling647 will look to continue his trend of nub bashing in the first round. The Moose are the weakest team in the West and KB should have no problem in helping dispose of them. @Sfic16 @Gour_x_71 @Krok-o-dill @J-Nasty__& @riverdalestomp could all play on the first line. @Terry Toronto is one of the best dmen in the AHL. @ryanwashere78 is more than capable of shutting down players. This team is scary good up and down the lineup. If this goes to game 7, haha it won’t, KB won’t be in the lineup. I don’t think he is capable of beating an opponent in a game where his palms get sweaty. @quick_scope_14 is one of the better goalies in the AHL and could lock it down if they have trouble scoring. Overall, this team can compete with anyone and can roll two first lines before putting out an above average third line.

Fun Fact: Iowa is top 5 in PP% and PK%. They were also the least penalized team in the AHL this season. They are second only to the Crunch in TOA which say something since they were in one of the hardest divisions with Charlotte and Chicago. Along with TOA, they have the biggest shot differential of every team in the AHL. Look for this team to make a run if they get through their brutal division.

Offense: A+
    Defense: A
    Goalies: A-

Moose:

The Moose have one solid line that might sneak out a win and prolong this series past a sweep. If the Moose were smart, they would save that line for games 3 & 4 to give them a chance at getting a favorable match-up against the Wild’s 3rd line. @Deadsoul_Rising did a good job getting this team to the playoffs in this division. However, this is where the ride ends. @doundansticky has put up some good stats but has double digit losses. @ggjoey427 & @ I_M_V_P_29_I look to carry this team. @Shadow-_-Merc and @I-Gumby have their work cut out for them shutting down Iowa’s forwards. Look for Manitoba’s goalies to quit LG after the first two games of the series.

Fun Fact: The Moose have the least TOA out of any playoff team coming in with 5:18 a game which ranks them 23rd. Look for the quick hit the blue line and turd it on net.

Offense: D+
    Defense: D
    Goalies: C-
    Game 7 Lineup: C-

Season Series: Iowa won 3-1
    Playoff Prediction: Iowa in 5
    Iowa wins series 4-1

(2) Chicago Wolves vs (3) Charlotte Checkers

Wolves:

@bNYCe83 has used @Kozmo483264’s team to create a team full of friends and proseries buddies. Good news for them, they don’t have to play any NHLers in the AHL playoffs because their proseries team did not do very well to say the least. @Crippin_Allday has some great skill. @TrapHouseLegend- is a good offensive center. @B-DOG33 and @Live_by_SIN are more than capable of battling with other top lines. @Bo-Dangles10 and @Slimpickins44 (when she shows up) are the 2nd best dpair I’ve seen this year. Chicago lacks puck moving defensemen and with the right amount of pressure from Charlotte, that could be a disaster waiting to happen. @bNYCe83 is more than capable of stealing a game or two which he might have to, to draw this series out. Don’t expect Chicago to blow out the Checkers in any game. This should be a tight series but I expect #Calder4Kozmo to end here.

Fun Fact: I requested to be moved from them when they were in first place.

Game 7 Lineup: B

Charlotte Checkers:
    The Checkers have risen from the depths of hell. Led by @SKILLEDPYTHON, the checkers have been the hottest team since their early troubles. @J_Tryhard_412 has been one of the most consistent players since joining the team. He is also one of the most talented forwards I have played with outside of LG this season. @DoubleZERO33 will need to steal a few games to get them past Iowa or Chicago in what is sure to be a brutal first round series. Looking at this team on paper, I don’t really think they have a chance, but they win games. Their defense does not look like anything special but that might not matter. I have played with Chicago and have seen their forwards. They have consistent guys but no real game breakers. We all see the points KB puts up, but every team he will play is a playoff team now. Can the Checkers keep one of those teams in check?

Fun Fact: The Checkers won 1 of their first 12 games of the season. On the flip side, they won 19 of 21 in the middle of the season. They also beat Chicago and Iowa in the same night this week.

Season Series: Chicago won 3-1
    Playoff Prediction: Checkers in 6
    Checkers win 4-1

Pacific:

(1) San Diego Gulls vs (4) San Antonia Rampage

Gulls:

My favorite to come out of the West. @DomSquad100 and @j_marz25 have been destroying everyone this season. They have one of the best top lines in the league and have the numbers to prove it. @sublime-3 has also put up gaudy numbers since joining the team. @II-Entryy-II was the last remaining unbeaten playing (if I recall correctly) and continues to shutdown top offensive guys regardless of who he’s paired with. @Undeadgamertag5 has benefited from his powerhouse team but also put up a ridiculous 31-12-2 record in net. Looking at this team, @WateryDolphin77, @TKDAwesome21, and @Shmucked give the team some crazy depth even though they don’t have the best records on the team. Look for this team to advance with ease from round 1 and have a tough series with Condors in round 2.

Fun Fact: Gulls have the best powerplay in the league along with the 3rd best PK. They are top 3 in most offensive categories.

Offense: A-
    Game 7 Lineup: A

Rampage:

The Rampage look to be completely outmatched in one of the hardest top heavy divisions. @Brentlymulligan stole my goal title, you bastard, and he will need to continue lighting the lamp to extend the series. @Taiter316 looks to take this team as far as he can, but I can’t see much good coming from this series. Look for @phillysmvp to attempt to shutdown the domsqaud line. If the Rampage were smart, they’d throw a few suicide lines out against the top Gulls line (if they are given the chance). The Gulls line for line are better than the Rampage. @MicrowaveTheCp will certainly have his hands full. Rampage’s only hope is to have the avails match up perfectly and hope to squeak a game 7 win while the Gulls wives force them to take their kid to see Santa on a Thursday night for whatever reason.

Fun Fact: Rampage are top 5 in both PK% and PP%.

Offense: C-

Season Series:Gulls won 4-1
    Playoff Prediction: Gulls in 5
    Rampage win 4-2

(2) Bakersfield Condors vs (3) Ontario Reign

Condors:

@CptMatt Sparrow and @Bobby_Goggles12 look to take their xbox experience to the promise land on PS4. Both have great ability and will definitely put on a show when the games actually matter. @Rickchel98 made his own case by narrowing the gap in the points title and looks to be an offensive power. I am curious to see how the Condors will pair their lines. They have potential to put out three good lines. @TheBulgingTwine contines to be a top goalie after his ban last season. @OG_KJ is still the best D-man I have played against this season and I feel he can shut down the best players in the league. With depth coming from everywhere on this team, I hope they meet the Gulls in the 2nd round which might be the best series of the entire playoffs.

Fun Fact: @Bobby_Goggles12 was on my PS4 team the same time @CptMatt Sparrow was on my xbox team.

Offense: A
    Defense: B-

Ontario Reign:

So you finish 3rd in your division and you get to play the Condors. Well boy does that suck. @Gpig04 who was my line-mate week 1 (we went 3-0) then he got waived? is one of the better forwards on this team along with @ittozziloP. Their MVP of the series will need to be @moosapotamus33 to stand a chance. The team actually has pretty good depth and I would probably take them over a lot of teams in the playoffs I just can’t see them getting past the Condors in an extremely tough division.

Fun Fact: @eye2797 led the team with 66 points which seems rather low. Many players contribute to the success of this team. Reign also are the only team to sweep their playoff opponent 5-0.

Offense: B+
    Game 7 Lineup: B

Season Series: Reign won 5-0
    Playoff Prediction: Condors in 7
    Reign win 4-2

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  2. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    Nice, but I don't see the prediction. You just stated what's already known. Maybe remove the question marks and you got yourself a pretty good thread

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  3. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    I bolded it for you @SGDragonSlayer because you obviously missed it the first time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Nybarisny
  4. Rantalion34

Rantalion34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +551 / 63 / -136
    You can go ahead and put the Bears in that number one spot.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. DaBears182

DaBears182 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -5
    ranta we all know you guy are going to choke tonight :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    not what i meant, my post was aimed at the fact that this isn't a prediction, these are positions that were already known

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    SGDragonSlayer
  7. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    He's gonna make predictions based on where people finish then once they are finished he will make the predictions. I know you blow at nhl 16 and 17 didn't know you fucking sucked at reading comprehension as well.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Nybarisny
  8. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    now you're bringing games into this? nice relevancy

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  9. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Thanks for the love @MafiaMan15 , you keep it real good luck in playoffs :cool:

jtresatti
  10. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +515 / 15 / -32
    • Like Like x 2
    jdforthy
  11. AppleWizard47

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    Will finish today.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. AppleWizard47

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    Updated with North

No Streaming Account
  13. Famous_T_Nasty

Famous_T_Nasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 5 / -16
    I'm ready to read your write up on us!!! tell them how big of a bum I'am!

Famous_T_Nasty
  14. AppleWizard47

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    Probably won't do a write-up on us. I try to take bias out of it.

No Streaming Account
  15. Famous_T_Nasty

Famous_T_Nasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 5 / -16
    so just be honest then, I want to see how you, see our team thats all. no bias needed

• Like Like x 1
    Famous_T_Nasty
  16. AppleWizard47

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    Updated with Central

No Streaming Account
  17. AppleWizard47

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    Updated with Easter Conference done

No Streaming Account
  18. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Do the Ice Caps man

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    jtresatti
  19. Jmm420

Jmm420 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jmm420#0
    Ratings:
    +307 / 5 / -31
    Bold prediction on our series bro:) Goodluck will see you on the ice.

• Like Like x 1
    jmm420
  20. AppleWizard47

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    Done, let the arguing commence... BUMP

No Streaming Account