AHL Playoff Format - Updated

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Tris10, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    The LGHL PSN BOG and commish staff have gotten together about the AHL Playoff format and come up with this official ruling

Background
    We aim to replicate the real life leagues as much as possible, we use the same teams , conferences divisions and as much of the rules as we can for the LGHL. We just discovered today that the AHL playoff format has changed this year.

http://theahl.com/2016-qualification-rules-s11572

By this new format, some teams would make the playoffs as they are seeded in their division.

Ruling
    We've come together and decided that to "change" the format in the last day isn't fair. We've decided to honor the format we've been displaying and formulating all season long. This format is
    • 1st in each division is seeded 1-2
    • 3-8 are seeded by points from their conference
    • Seeds are always re-sorted after each round so its 1 vs last
    Recap
    I want to stress we want to get this right. There is no conspiracy to get any teams in or out. I myself and brodie are not members in this league so have ruled on a neutral position. We also ran season 22 of our Xbox AHL league using the "wrong" ahl playoff format as we had no idea it changed. It was an honest over sight. We plan on using the official playoff format for season 2 of the AHL. These things happen, and we hope this ruling at least makes the best, of this lose-lose situation.

• Like x 15
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.