A FAIR REQUEST FOR THE COMMISIONER

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by Ragin Wahoo, May 9, 2004.

1. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A FAIR REQUEST FOR T

Okay, its obvious that the level of commitment is not the same in the AAA league as it is in the Major league. Which leads to the fact that the Major league is obviously going to be more successful, and hence more fun. The fact is that there are people (including myself) who have a longer, more committed, more successful past in the AAA league than some of the members in the Major league. I've been a dedicated member of a few of these LG leagues and I'm pretty sure that there has always been a policy that commisioners follow for picking which LG members get to participate in their leagues: Those who have shown the MOST commitment, interest, and enthusiasm get first picks/priority in leagues.

This obviously is not the case of the MLB leagues. One reason given for some dedicated members being put in the AAA league is to "balance things out." Another reason was that certain "friends" from Links wanted to be in the same league. I don't think these reasons are very agreeable, because some of the more dedicated members frankly got screwed.

I'm obviously making this post because I believe I happen to be one of the people who got screwed over. Being an active/leading member of Topspin season 1 & 2; Team Topspin; being a member of the NBA League; being active in the forums; and expressing interest in the MLB League since the winter......well I feel I got screwed over being put in the AAA league. I was pretty pumped up for this league, and now im just really disappointed with the results from week 1. And as we all know, things start out very active and sometimes taper away....so the sad thing is, this is probably the most active AAA members will be.

I have a simple solution/request to this problem, which I hope will be taken into serious consideration. I think that the more experienced, active LG members from the past who have always been dedicated that want in the Major league instead of AAA (and deservingly), should be able to challenge the less experienced LG members in the Major league to a series to see who gets to stay in the Major league for the regular season. Its the fairest solution and I see no cause whatsoever in denying this request. This will obviously only be a few members (if any besides me), so it wouldnt be anything that wasnt manageable. Let me know how this sounds. Thanks. Peace out.

No Streaming Account
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: A FAIR REQUEST F

How do you decide who is the more experienced/dedicated and who is the less experienced/dedicated?

:-&

3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is totally unfair. Don't take this personal Raptor, but look at Raptor. He has been at this site since before I was, and he isn't the greatest at the game, but he puts 100% effort into it. That would be kind of unfair for him. Same for me, as MGM would dominate me.

Why don't you just get over it and play AAA, maybe next season you will get in Majors!

No Streaming Account
  4. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree with everything you say...

until the end.

a challenge series?

your point is excellent (and i feel i'm in the exact same boat) throughout the first three paragraphs.

but if "we" should be rewarded by promotion to the majors, it should be based on participation and dedication, NOT on who wins a series...

i always thought LG's policy was to reward those who are involved on the site and play their games on time.

it DOES feel that with the MLB that hasn't exactly worked out.

and it's really because of the two-league-thing... we tried to make too many people happy - and wound up making a lot of dedicated LG players VERY UPSET.

my solution would be to play this AAA thing out - at least thru the end of exhibition season.

at that time, i think (in the words of Bud Selig) - all the AAA teams that have been a problem should be CONTRACTED and removed from the league.

the AAA should exist, but should also play a true, dedicated schedule. AAA members should be called up to replace Major players who have fallen behind or dropped out.

i think we need to just simply face it that we were screwed (albeit unintentionally) by being put in the AAA. and now we need to make the best of it.

No Streaming Account
  5. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and socal -

don't say something like "just get over it" -

remember, this is a very sensitive topic, as some people were looking forward to this baseball league for months.

and now we find out that we're placed in a league that SEEMS to have very little chance of working smoothly.

that is VERY upsetting for those in the AAA league. especially when we can look at the names in the MAJORS and truly feel that we deserved a spot in the league over that person. (i'm not talking about anyone specific here - i just know that i am more involved than several of the players that have franchises in the Majors. while that doesnt automatically make me more deserving, I still feel that way!)

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't mean to be rude what so ever but, you think it wasn't upsetting to me? It was as I thought I was going to be in Majors, but I got over it, and am loving it for what it is.

Don't forget, we should be thankful Tris not only created the league, but made a 2nd league while at it so he didn't have 30 people waiting in the Alternates List.

Don't get me wrong though, I spit out the water in my mouth when I found out I was in the Minors/AAA, but now that I look at it, who cares, its a league for fun, its a game, and I am having fun as I want to do :).

No Streaming Account
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont like the challenge idea because theres too much judgement on who can challenge who and besides that it will just lead to hard feelings.

Experience tells me if you are patient spots will open up. Ive seen it heppen every season in football.

Id be more than happy to take control of a aaa team as well as my regular team to help the aaa league keep going.

Its pretty sad that people acted so gung-ho about it then basically quit cuz they werent in the league they wanted to be in. People in the "Majors" league shouldnt be punished for that.

Also if you really want to be in a good league and you think aaa is failing I'd usggest finding better people to take those spots and putting effort into turning it around rather than looking for a way to jump to the other league and make it someone elses problem.

8. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Accountblocked, its pretty simple. You look at a few elementary things: how many previous LG leagues players have participated in; how reliable theyve been; how active in forums...etc...that should be no problem. Furthermore, it has nothing to do with "punishing" ppl in the majors..it has more to do with giving certain ppl in the minors what they deserve..which is what LG is supposed to be all about...commitment...u get me?

Socalguy, what are you talking about? My whole point is that the people who have been with LG the longest should be in the Major league. And the people who have played with LG for a long time in the AAA league should replace their counterparts in the Major league who arent as experienced with LG.

Goalie, I don't think it ever should have came down to a challenge series as to who gets in the Major league, but the selection process was obviously totally bias....and hence its a solution to a previous mistake (which everyone makes; no one is perfect).....As far as being "called up," I shouldnt have to be called up to the major leagues to take over some random team when i should be in the majors with my first pick redsox in the first place....principle!!! The major thing that needs to be remembered is that this is still PRE-SEASON. IF the regular season already started, I would've never made this post and would've accepted the fact that I was screwed over...and just played on. But the point is that something can still be done to make things more fair before the regular season starts!

No Streaming Account
  9. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    socal: yeah, but arent you frustrated that it will NOT be fun at all when you can't get your opponent to respond to you?

i think we've all been in leagues before where that happens - and thats probably what has led to so many of us finding a home here at LG...

i agree with you exactly about making the best of it. you seem like a great guy (except when you're kicking my @ss in hockey! lol) and people like us are going to make the AAA work - but i do think it needs to be streamlined (no-show-ers removed ASAP so people don't get frustrated because they cant find their opponents)

No Streaming Account
  10. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ragin: i am completely with you on ALMOST every argument.

not only did i not get my #1 team, but i didnt even get into the #1 league!!!

i think, if they were going to make 2 leagues, they should have been divided EVENLY - with an EVEN amount of "solid" owners in each, and an even amount of "new" owners in each.

at this point, i dont think there is any FAIR way to move us up.

the MAJORS people are all playing their games - they shouldnt be punished by losing a franchise for anything less than not playing games.

i can't see any fair way of taking away a Majors team so I can get into the league... (or for you to get in, or anyone!

we do need to accept our fate here in the AAA - but make strides to make it the BEST we can.

No Streaming Account
  11. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm waiting to see what the commisioner thinks about this....maybe just do the entire team selection process over at the end of the preason-season ONLY including those ppl who played their pre-season games WITH a fairer approach? That way the leagues could be made with an EQUAL amount of committed owners and, while the deserving will be rewared for the commitment as well...

No Streaming Account
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Basing it on post count and number of leagues you are in is lame .
    Some people dont like certain games that doesnt make them more or less dedicated. Also Id rather not see people spamming the forums with crap just to raise their "activity on the forums".

You thinking you are owed a spot in the majors is pretty funny really.

whats funny is the two league names coulda been switched becuase there is absolutely NO difference between the two leagues. I wonder what the played games would have been then.

13. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol yeah it was a good game last night, Dunham did play unbelieveable even though he let in 5, some of those kick saves and he diving saves across net. Could have easily been 10 if there was somebody else in goal. Was nice talking to somebody who keeps up on trades also.

Anyway, back to the AAA, Ragin I am just saying the Series wouldn't work as some people of lesser ability in the game would then be taken down to the AAA/Minors because they aren't good, even though they would give maybe their nut for LG as I would. This league isn't all about experience with LG either, how long you have been here, your game play and also how others feel about you. You are a cool guy, but maybe others in the Majors didn't think that much of you. I am not saying that is the case as you are a good guy, but just saying it is a possibility.

No Streaming Account
  14. socalguy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't get your hopes up, don't even create any hopes as they aren't about to take people out of a league just to put you in it. No offense to you, but I just don't see it happening....AT ALL!

No Streaming Account
  15. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why mess up a perfectly good league just because ours wasnt successful... I dont think it would be fair to the guys in the majors to oust one of them... They were committed and more dedicated than all ours and not all these guys that havent played are newbies...

i think they need to play their league and us be content with what we got.. Maybe we can find some guys to fill the spots...

No Streaming Account
  16. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I agree that AAA is running very poorly. But the intension wasn't to throw "undedicated" people to the AAA league, it just worked out that way. What would we be saying if the Majors were having problems and AAA was doing great? After they replace a few owners everything will be ok.

Gajeske85
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LG has never done anything like that. They make decisions and they stick with them.

NO BS

18. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dude, are you ~*~*? Basing selection upon post count and the number of leagues (including reliability in those leagues) is NOT something I just randomly came up with. Its what the FOUNDERS of LG have repeated over and over throughout various leageus of the past. So calling that lame is calling LG's policies lame, not mine.

And how in the HELL can you say theres no difference between the two leagues?! Did you just totally miss the entire point of everyones concerns? *NEWSFLASH* AAA members are not playing their games; i repeat AAA members are not playing their games. Major league players are...??? I think that MAY qualify as a difference between the two leagues.....use your brain before posting nonsensical statements....

No Streaming Account
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the really sad part a lot of those people not playing their games would be playing them if they were in the league named "majors". Pretty f*cking stupid really. Some people need to be put on the "bad" list.

20. goalie

goalie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    account - i think you are totally wrong here.

altho it was said that the 2 leagues were equal many times, just take a look at the names.

do you still think they are equal?!?

all the commish's, captains, and longtime members are in one league, and all the new names are in the other.

No Streaming Account