Media "8 Then Skate" with Cydonian Knight

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by MrMalice25, Apr 11, 2017.

1. MrMalice25

MrMalice25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +603 / 90 / -106

"Gone but not forgotten."
    That would be the cry of any LG player that didn't make the playoffs this season.
    And lets be honest, unless you're in the CHL its certainly not a guarantee considering the talent in the the NHL and AHL.

My guest for this segment is exactly one of the people I am talking about with long time community member and Fwd @Cydonian Knight or Sebby.
    I was able to talk to him about his ups and most recently his downs and his hopes for the future on LG.

So as always, sit back, relax, and enjoy.

[​IMG]

Gamertag - Cydonian Knight a.k.a. Sebby
    Age - Mid 30's
    Location- H-Town, Ontario (Canada)
    LG Team - Bakersfield Condors (S26) - Free Agent (S27)
    Favorite NHL Team - Toronto Maple Leafs

1) Malice- If you would, explain to us your personal story about how you found out about LG? :thinking:

Sebby- Well, I found LG when the VHL merged with LG a couple of years ago. For those who don't know... VHL was a bigger League than LG (at that time)... but lots & lots of "Error 404's" were the reason it went to shit. That, and bad Site Ownership lol. However to come back to the question, if we wanna get more technical... @stelene 7 is the Reason I play Leagues. He found me in a drop-in Game back in early NHL11, and talked me into singing up. He explained what was going, and it seemed like alot of fun. Got Drafted by @Emerica who was the Owner of Nashville in the 1st round... and here I am today, still playing.

2) Malice- With this regular season coming to an end and your team missing the playoffs, what are you most excited about for the next season? :thinking:

Sebby- Well, I'm still undecided as what my plans are for next Season. I know I will not be coming back as Management, which means I will probably be in bidding "IF" I decide to return. Something else I'm also contemplating is, forward or goaltender? I've been playing a lot of Goalie lately, since the ones I usually play with suck. I've also been asked how I would feel about a BoG position, which I don't know if I could even do that. Right now, my first priority is deciding if i'll play next Season, after that it's deciding what Position.

3) Malice- What other video games do you enjoy playing besides hockey? :thinking:

Sebby- Well, I'm an NHL first kind of guy... always willing to play some 6's when someone needs 1. But when I'm not on NHL, there's mainly only 2 Games I play...and that's GTA V, and Modern Warfare: Remastered.

4) Malice- What (If any) have been the highlight moments of your LG experience? :thinking:

Sebby- Ha, well this is a no-brainer. I think my greatest accomplishment was when I won my Calder Cup with the Norfolk Admirals back in Season 21 with @iTransitions @I Am Wonger @Tats x 21 @ele905 & the rest of the Norfawked Boys. But if we wanna bring "personal highlight" into this as well... it's when I pulled my "No-Trade Clause" card on them just before the Trade Deadline, which resulted in me getting that elusive Calder Cup lol.

5) Malice- What other hobbies do you enjoy apart from playing video games? :thinking:

Sebby- Is there such a thing as something else other than Video Games? :eek: HA, but in all seriousness, when I'm not Gaming... I'm taking online & home classes, studying to become an NHL analyst/statistician. I love math, I love researching stuff... it would be like a Dream Job for me!

6) Malice- We are about to start the playoffs for season 26, how about giving us 1 pick from the Eastern and Western Conferences that you really feel have a chance to make a serious run at the Calder Cup? :thinking:

Sebby- Well, as much as I would want to say Bakersfield would be in those Finals... it's impossible now, since we didn't make the Playoffs. The West is a tough Conference, especially the Central Division. But if I were to pick the Finals? I'd have to go with WBS Penguins vs Rockford in the Finals, where Rockford would take it in 6.

7) Malice- Do you have any weird or odd rituals you have when playing LG games? :thinking:

Sebby- Well, first off... Everytime I join Wonger's Party Invites before League Games, I always play outloud Booby Roode's "Glorious" Theme Song lol, fun times. Oh... and seing that I'm a pothead, every "Intermission", I break out the bong & toke. If there's a break in the play with 4:20 remaining, I will ALWAYS pause the Game for a toke. Come on, a pause for the cause man lol. Other than that, I don't think I have any other rituals.

8) Malice- As you mentioned, your team (Bakersfield) missed the Playoffs this Season. However, from what I see in your stats it would appear you make the Playoffs more than you miss them. What would be your favorite Playoffs matchup/series that you will always remember and why? :thinking:

Sebby- Yes, you're correct... Including VHL, I've made the Post-Season 13 of my 15 Seasons. If I were to pick 1 matchup/series that I'll always remember would be Season 19, when I took over as Colorado Owner. When I took over the Team after @lSneaky x84l & his bunch of french buddies quit at the end of Week 5, giving me only 4 weeks to fix this Team.

We went from 13th (of 14) and 22 points out of the Playoffs, to finish 8th & 3 points ahead of Anaheim GG@iTransitions. First round, we were set to face the Edmonton Oilers, whom had a stacked Team. Every "Predicitons" thread had us getting demolished in 4, some even went on and said we would be eliminated in 1 lol.

Well, we went up 3-1 in the Series, before losing the next 3 to lose the Series in 7. I know it was not a winning Series, but it will still always be the Series I'll remember for 2 Reasons, mainly because we were hot coming in the Playoffs, where no one thought we would even be in, and was able to hang with the best, before they got the best of us.

Shoutouts/Honorable Mentions-
    @Crease-Fire GG Mike, Angles Bud!!
    @Tiddus you'll forever be my favorite cone!!
    @I Am Wonger cash me ousside... howbow dah!!
    @ele905 Go get your 3rd Calder Cup bud!!
    @LG McDonald & @Tris10 You guys keep up the Good Work!!

[​IMG]

Of course I would like to thank @Cydonian Knight for taking his time to answer some questions about himself to the community.

Feel free to show the post some love, or hate.
    And until next time, we'll see you on the ice.

LG is Love, LG is Life,

-MrMalice25

P.S.- To anyone that might be interested in being interviewed and shedding some light to the community about yourself, feel free to inbox me on LG.

• Like Like x 7
    mrmalice25
  2. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account