2K Sports Career Position

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Tris10, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    About 9 weeks ago, i was approached by 2K Sports about a job position with their company. They have been monitoring closely leaguegaming over the past 3 years ever since we developed our scraper type leagues and interested in my services to take their online leagues service to the next level.

I would be in charge (among other things) to redevelop and manage 2k sports online leagues and develop a stronger, tighter 2k community. This also includes working with their teams from NHL , MLB, APF, NBA and potentially Top Spin and their future boxing title.
    A couple weeks ago 2k sports flew me to their offices outside San Francisco to meet with their heads to talk about this position and the company in general. I personally showed a few of the higher ups our NHL Team league in which they were very impressed and saw the value these type's of services bring to their products.

For those who've known me over the years know that i've been developing and improving leaguegaming just out of my general interest and passion, and for this to become my professional employment is an opportunity i could not resist. I have accepted this position and now an officially an employee of 2k Sports and start this monday.

For any member in business or a general understanding of it, They will understand that developing league software for leaguegaming is considered a conflict of interests with my new position at 2k Sports, Because of this i have to reduce my role and certain privileges at lg. But fear not, leaguegaming is not going anywhere. I can't go into details just yet but there is a plan in place to maintain and progress our league services here at LG. One specific area i have to step down from is as a member of the Board Of Gov. for the NHL Team League.

I can not go into detail about what is in store for their 2K9 series, but there is a very ambitious plan in place and as an employee now im excited to work first hand on whats coming for you guys, and as a gamer i'm thrilled on some on the new features. 2K9 is going to be different and down right awesome.

I'd like to personal thank everyone at leaguegaming and the friends i've found here over the years and their continued support for myself and lg, Because of you none of this would be possible.

Thanks guys
    :)

-Tristan Hodge

2. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    congratulations tris. you've worked hard here and should do very well for 2k.

No Streaming Account
  3. infrb

infrb Respect

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Grats Tris. This is a great opportunity.

No Streaming Account
  4. Jepockn

Jepockn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats some fantastic stuff for ya tris.. best of luck and i hope you enjoy yourself

No Streaming Account
  5. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations Tris! Although I find it very funny that after I read your post, the site went down for a while :shock:

Anyway, I remember a lot of interest by 2k when I was an Admin here and the possibility of a job for you was there but a couple of pieces didn't fall into place. I'm glad they have now.

I think it's great that you've gotten recognized by the right people and not just us "losers" :laugh: :razz:

Seriously, congrats again and I know this is something you've really wanted for a while now :cool:

*EDIT* If you don't mind me asking and if it's not too personal, do you have to re-locate or do you get to stay where you are?

P.S. Doesn't Jmarks2001 deserve a little credit? Just kidding :laugh: :wink:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  6. CA55lDY

CA55lDY aka HurrMattaCane

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats Tris, good luck!

No Streaming Account
  7. KerrZee

KerrZee Im Back!!!!

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Thats great News Tris, bring 2k a great game..

Hope everything turns out well!

No Streaming Account
  8. NYEXTREME

NYEXTREME Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats Tris this was a long time coming you deserve it bro you worked your a$$ off for us out of your good will and never asked us for a dime, you will be a great assest to 2k sports and i'm looking forward to the new 2k9 game.

Btw will they have your name in the credits for nhl 2k9 :D

No Streaming Account
  9. AoC Pyorala

AoC Pyorala TBL Owner.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats Tris.

No Streaming Account
  10. CSampson

CSampson Tampa Bay Lightning Owner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations, it would be awesome to work at a place like that!

Gotta admit though, I was a bit afraid, thinking that you were gonna switch this to a 2K hockey league.

Also, if (even though it looks more so like a when) EA buys out Take Two, there's a good chance EA is gonna get rid of all the 2K sports line...would that effect you in any way?

Good luck, you deserve it.

No Streaming Account
  11. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats tris.. best things come to those who wait. Although tempted ... you waited and it just paid off..

Umm... does this mean that we have to cool it about the "2k sucks" ...??? I mean im sure you're going to turn it around but... Just wondering... lol.. jk...

But seriously Does this mean you have to relocate or do you get to stay in the toronto area?

No Streaming Account
  12. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats.

So can I send my wishlist for 2k9 directly to you so you can get them into the game?

No Streaming Account
  13. OldTimeHockey

OldTimeHockey Who's the master? Sho-Gun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That truly is wonderful news.

I took the year off from 2K this season and actually was a 2K hockey guy since the beginning of the series, but with Tris now part of the team, I'll be picking up 2K9. Can't wait to see his name in the credits!!!

No Streaming Account
  14. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Concept - random guy
    Art Direction - random guy 2
    MAKING THE GAME WORK ONLINE PROPERLY - Tristan Hodge

No Streaming Account
  15. bowdown

bowdown Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Holy **** Tris!! Well congrats!!

No Streaming Account
  16. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think he will be the one making the game work properly online. That should be taken care of by servers with fast connections and developers who program network code within the game. I think Tristan will be looking after modifying the online website and possible implementing new features that are online league related. I could be wrong.

No Streaming Account
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Correct,

The servers and "connection" is actually mostly XBL and you only really talk to the 2k servers for the online leagues. I manage the data returned from the games. I also hope to get a lot of cool things from the game sent to me so i can really do some awesome stuff for the online leagues ;)

18. BleedBlueBlood

BleedBlueBlood Baron Von Sauerkraut

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0
    I will again send congrats to you Tris. I know you have to be very excited about this opportunity. I'm sure it will also add a new dimension to what leaguegaming will become :)

BleedBlueBlood
  19. MileHighDrew

MileHighDrew Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations on the job. Sounds like a fun job.

No Streaming Account
  20. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats Tris, I am very happy to hear this. Good luck in the future and I sure you will make a nice addition to the 2k team.

Thanks Tris for all that you have done here!!

No Streaming Account