Conference Finals Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by AAli x 21, Sep 2, 2022.

?

What matchup do you want to see in the Finals

1. Penguins vs Kings

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Penguins vs Knights

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Knights vs Leafs

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  4. Kings vs Leafs

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. AAli-21

AAli-21 Fresh Prince

Discord:
    AAli-21#2461
    Ratings:
    +741 / 35 / -87
    (1) :team78: vs :team1: (2)

2nd Round Review

Pittsburgh Penguins

The Pens haven't lost a game so far this season. Reason being is because they have no "sui" line and every line is extremely balanced. Nuge's line has no pressure considering the 3rd line on this team is capable of stealing games against other team's top lines, like they did against BUF. 8 more wins, we will expect the same from this team against the Leafs.

2nd Round MVP: Penguins 3rd Line
    Leading Scorer: @GrumpyRatbagz
    Biggest Pylon: @Kuchhh for helping this team get an easy 2nd round

Toronto Maple Leafs

Rippin's Line is extremely tough to beat.
    His line is explosive offensively, they have great D and they are 4-0 in all 1-goal games. Need Dangs' line to step it up though (2-2) especially against the Penguins. I feel in order for them to advance to the Finals, they need this line to step it up because Penguins line match well.

2nd Round MVP: @LoKO CRuStY
    Leading Scorer: @LoKO CRuStY / @BigLizzo_69
    Biggest Pylon: Goalies - need saves

Line Comparisons

1st - Nuge's Line (2-0) 5GF 3GA
    2nd - AG's Line (2-0) 7GF 5GA
    3rd - Grumpy's Line (4-0) 15GF 9GA
    Goalies @Nealerr and @IORIO EMPIRE (8-0) .810 SV% 1.75GAA 0 SO

X-Factor: @AG7859

1st - Rippin's Line (4-0) 16GF 12GA

2nd - Dangs' Line (2-2) 18GF 10GA
    3rd - Crowe's Line (2-2) 10GF 12GA
    Goalies @Th3 l AnD 0n1y and @TealCypress3011 (8-6) .735 SV% 2.83 GAA 1 SO

X-Factor: @Dangs92

1st Line: TOR
    2nd Line: EVEN
    3rd Line:
    PIT
    Goalies: PIT

Interview with Managers
    Same questions for all managers

1) What is the reason for your team's success during the playoffs?

2) How do you feel your team matches up against the opponent?

3) Any trash talk towards the opponent?

Nuge: depth, we have 3 lines that can beat anyone despite lack of huge names. We also have a good team atmosphere, no egos, no complaining about who we play with or against

Nuge: hopefully well, they have some good players but I think our worst matchup into them might be 40% chance to win, their worst matchup into us is more like 10%

Nuge: PLAYOFF DANGS HAHAHAHAHA

More trash talk from @CalderCubs14
    "Ima shove @Dangs92 head into sand and make him lick dog shit when I’m done with him"

--

Dangs: Our line matching and third line's success has been key for this playoff run

Dangs: I feel like we have very similar depth but our top end is better

Dangs: NugeTV Top 1 streamer

Prediction

Both the top teams in the East square off on what I believe will be a lengthy series. If Penguins can continue to line match well and have their 3rd stay hot. This series will be another easy win for them. However, the Leafs have strong depth themselves. I believe they will be capable to take this game to 6 or 7 and defeat the President's Champs.

:team1: in 7

51% of the LG Community predicts :team1: to win

-----

(1) :team76: vs :team676: (3)

2nd Round Review

Los Angeles Kings

Much respect to the Kings on handling the Sharks well last round. Their big boys performed last series when needed which is how they advanced in 6 games. Ray's team is loaded with 3 good lines that consists of strong chemistry on each line. Both their top lines are undefeated while getting a couple wins from their 3rd as well. This round will be their toughest match against the Knights.

2nd Round MVP: @I Mccutch I
    Leading Scorer: @I Mccutch I
    Biggest Pylon: @Gros Tabarnack

Vegas Golden Knights

The Knights were able to squeeze past the Stars, the cup favorites in my opinion, in 7 games last series. Yet another team with strong depth, getting wins from every line. I feel the Kings have met their match against this team. Also, nice to see @Hebxr finally getting some playoff wins :).

2nd Round MVP: @Sammaae and @l Deeks l
    Leading Scorer: @Sammaae
    Biggest Pylon: @xTarasenko91

Line Comparisons

1st - Beaudy's Line (3-0) 12GF 3GA
    2nd - Statsny's Line (3-0) 9GF 5GA
    3rd - NotBouch and ECU's Line (2-2) 6GF 8GA
    Goalies @x Rask x 40 and @I KrxZzy I (8-2) .868 SV% 1.75 GAA 2 SO

X-Factor: @Stastnyy

1st - Rocket's Line (2-1) 7GF 4GA
    2nd - Sammae's Line (3-1) 18GF 12GA
    3rd - JTally's Line (2-2) 11GF 7GA
    Goalies @racc2000 @x Blix 33 (8-4) ..821 SV% 2.00 GAA 2 SO

X-Factor: @dangles x 13

1st Line: LAK
    2nd Line: VGK
    3rd Line: EVEN
    Goalies:
    LAK

Interviews with Managers
    Same questions for all managers

1) What is the reason for your team's success during the playoffs?

2) How do you feel your team matches up against the opponent?

3) Any trash talk towards the opponent?

Stastny:
    To be honest, one of the main reasons we've had success in the regular season and in the playoffs so far is because we found a way to build around a core of players on all 3 lines during the offseason that stayed together all season long. We obviously have big difference makers who won us many games, but our complementary guys have stepped up whenever needed even tho they don't get enough recognition for it (they know who they are). We were also consistent for a big part of the season.

Stastny: We don't really feel any different compared to how we felt last round. No disrespect to Chicago, but San Jose was our big first test of the postseason and we managed to find a way to beat them which surprised a few. Obviously having the line matching advantage helps a lot, but I don't expect it to be as big of a factor vs Vegas because all 3 of their lines are very well balanced. It'll be a big test because a little bit like us, they have some big difference makers, but they also have great depth. It should be a fun series.

Stastny: I don't really like to trash talk, but even if I did, I don't have anything bad to say about them. They have many guys who I like and respect a lot, and I honestly just wish them good luck.

--

Rocket:
    One word to describe it all: Depth. Me and Brett been wanting to try a different way to build our team for the season and I think we're happy the way it's been going for us. Any lines that we put up for the night has a real chance to win and it's the reason why we're here today.

Rocket: LAK has built a really good team even tho it isn't built around "superstars". They have 3 good lines and it should be a really close series but I do trust in our chance to win.

Rocket: Not really, I have good friends over there and I know Ray is a good guy so nah. I just hope we have a good series and everyone has fun.

No trash talk only class acts from both sides.

Prediction

Both the Kings and Knights are match each other well. Three good lines, great QC players, great management on both teams. I feel this will be the series to watch in this round. It's a very tough one to call but I will say Knights prevail in 7 games again due to their experience in those situations.

:team676: in 7

65% of the LG Community predicts :team676: to win

-----

Thank you managers for responding to my questions and giving every some extra content to read. And thank you everyone for reading.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Aali21
  2. Gros Tabarnack

Gros Tabarnack LG Media Owner

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 408 / -519
    I know who I am

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. SremmLjfe

SremmLjfe -