Please Vote! Managerial Approval Process for LG

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Dad of Five 81, May 16, 2022.

?

Managerial Approval Process for LG

1. I am happy with the current criteria to approve/deny Managers for LG

2. I would prefer to have a Private voting board do case by case voting to approve/deny LG Managers

3. I am happy with a criteria based approval/deny process but think the criteria is to strict

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    After much discussion in our managerial discord, and seeing who has been Approved/Denied through the Pre Approval Vetting process.

I have created a poll to see what the LG Community thinks, I realize some of or most of you do not care about management. I can assure you it DIRECTLY effects each and every one of you. The ability to have competent managers for all teams is in the best interest for not only the league, but your experience each and every LG Season.

*** You can only vote once, and votes are not eligible to be changed. ***

Below is a link to the Approved/Denied Management Pre Vetting process. Here you can see who has been Approved/Denied and for what reason.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s42-lgahl-management-pre-vetting.344489/

Below is the link to the Management Criteria thread, feel free to look it over before voting.

https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/ahl-management-criteria.325094/

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    dadoffive81
  2. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    I think it is unfair to have stats based on older games. But I suppose it is time to give other managers and up and comers a chance. So I personally am conflicted. I can understand certain dominance is not good for the league, but are players the same game by game? No, I dont think so.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Sansky

Sansky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Having a manager with experience benefits the players. If you bring some dud to manage it literally ruins an entire teams LG season. Countless times you have a guy wanting to take management with average experience and the team gets pumped. Creating a competitive environment where GM’s are top to mid level guys LITERALLY only benefits everyone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Soxfan7744

Soxfan7744 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +184 / 6 / -14
    I think the criteria is too harsh.

To me, the purpose of a criteria system is to promote parity and not have the same manager’s teams dominating the league season after season.

There are AHL players who barely have winning records being disqualified because of their ppg. There NHL players with losing records being disqualified because they had 35 points. Having a system where someone could average a 16-5-6 season with 50 points in the AHL and get disqualified seems crazy to me.

We should be pushing up the guys who are clearly dominating the league. To me that’s like 6-8 guys managing in the AHL right now. Anything else seems like overkill.

Not to mention the fact that you WILL have players throwing games if they are close to criteria thresholds. You can say that people that do that are scummy, but people are willing to do scummy things in this league.

Just seems like something we could be figuring out with common sense. This is just going to hurt the manager pool IMO.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Can someone break down exactly what changed from the previous format? I don't remember how exactly it was broken down, but all I know is that this has literally always been a mess...

The criteria should only be used to stop people who are blatantly obvious too good to be managing at a certain level.

There's no universe where someone like @Mr WorldWlde 69 should suddenly be disallowed from AHL management due to his NHL stats, when the guy hasn't been able to field an above .500 AHL team.

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    bossy_22_
  6. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    Definitely think it should take a lot more to be forced up based on this new criteria. Or if you want to keep the numbers the same, make it so you need to be over the criteria over a span or 3-4 seasons. The people being forced up after two solid seasons while people that have had way better seasons in the same time frame are able to stay because they had bad seasons 3-4-5 seasons ago is pretty silly.

• Like Like x 2
    eamonnjcf
  7. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    I have to move up and only have one winning season in the A.

• Like Like x 2
    persinger92
  8. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    you had good nhl seasons tho, on both consoles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    eamonnjcf
  9. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Yes, but I do not dominate in the A. Also PSN is weaker. And last time I was in the N on Xbox was like 4 seasons ago.

• Like Like x 1
    persinger92
  10. Fly I25I

Fly I25I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904 / 35 / -50
    As someone who managed this season knowing it would be my last, I don't have too much stake in the discussion and my opinions will probably be downplayed.

Regardless, we need to find a balance between weeding out the players who are truly too good for the league vs those that find themselves on a good line for a season or two vs managers that set themselves and their teams up for success. It seems like this criteria was designed to weed out legitimately everyone from low tier AHL first liners all the way through to NHL 3rd liners who play with a monitor on.. for the good of the league I don't know if this is what we really want.

I worry about what happens when ill-prepared players / those who are nowhere close to being worth a free contract step into management positions. I worry that there will be even more Syracuse-type situations and the league will suffer tremendously. It just seems like we're creating the same problem the NHL has with finding enough competitive managers, but we're actively handicapping ourselves. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. JC Enterprise

JC Enterprise Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JC Enterprise#2601
    Ratings:
    +549 / 46 / -41
    I’m a perennial 750k NHLer who fills in on top lines to pass to the other Dman. My stats are obviously going to be inflated. The criteria makes no sense

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    EA SPORTS FC™ 24 Career Match (In Menus)
    XxFireHeartsxX
  12. Clutch l28l

Clutch l28l Washed Vet

Discord:
    Clutch#1521
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 119 / -116
    Way too harsh. You can legit go 13-12 as a dman and forced to stay in the NHL with the .550 criteria instead of doing AHL mgmt... I understand the staff wants guys to go up and at least give the NHL a shot when they consistantly tear it up in the AHL but when u do give it a shot and go around .500 or even win 6 games, you're forced to continuously play up, how's that fun/fair. This isnt Esports ppl. Its just a league for enjoyment lol. Also not sure if they count OT games/TC games, so it's weird tbh. Also I'm kinda salty so this is just my opinion in my case. I feel you need good managers in every stage of the league, also don't think borderline 3rd line NHLers should HAVE to play NHL.

Criteria is way too harsh either way.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    the717clutch
  13. Mr WorldWlde 69

Mr WorldWlde 69 LG Mcdonald is the best!

Discord:
    Mr WorldWlde 69#5585
    Ratings:
    +2,300 / 563 / -1,177
    I’m the goat

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Pablo I26I

Pablo I26I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 9 / -13
    Borderline NHLer, catching a blind bid last day of bidding and getting top lined on a 3rd line season after season gets old. Guys I’ve managed with/ played with in the past few seasons getting vetted and I’m here rejected. I understand the criteria to a certain extent. But I’m an experienced owner, offering to put my time in, during the summer. When most players usually take the summer off.

If I do get a nhl bid it won’t be any more then the minimum as it hasn’t been since my time in the NHL. Having a .500 win percentage season after season, soon I won’t catch that minimum bid and I’ll slip to AHL. Then proceed to get paid and not being able to carry the load. It ruins the fun for the rest of the team and myself as no one wants to be on a bad team. As I could just be a free contract, and put together a quality team.

choosing to go up last summer season and put my name in the hat for management was a terrible decision. I did it because the league was low in requests for mangers. Now that I got a win percentage above .500 and drop a 60 bomb. I can’t go back down and play with my irl friends. Telling me the only way I can play with my friends is to play in nhl with players who won’t play for me because I’m not free contract worthy. Or take an esports team and get stroked every night.

The criteria is harsh and needs reworked. Or you will be running in the same problem as you do in the nhl. Players not being worthy of the free contract taking teams or first time owners ruining others seasons. I guess that’s how u get the monz though, players taking bans and coming back next season due to poor management.

thanks for listening to my Ted talk.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    pabloi26i
  15. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    Some Very good ideas here keep it up gentlemen !

dadoffive81
  16. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    Poopy snoopy owned for like 10 seasons and everyone knew his teams weren’t gonna be good. Guy probably banned over 100 people for quitting on him, the criteria ain’t too strict lmao

• Like Like x 1
  17. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    In typical LG fashion, it is overcomplicated and only impacts a handful of players trying to manage in the ahl. Just have the rule be "if you are an NHL caliber player you cant manage in the AHL". The NHL/AHL managers would be able to come to a consensus in 3 minutes on the few cases this impacts (do not leave it to the Bogs).

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. x Golden Aces x

x Golden Aces x Exercitatio, Perfectus, Pervinco

Discord:
    x Golden Aces x#7064
    Ratings:
    +444 / 30 / -21
    Should be their new motto lol - Say we are making things easier for managers, when in reality, we just make no one want to do the job!

Pretty much 90% of every new addition that comes into the league now makes it harder for either a player, or manager or both to do their job / to have fun.

People come to play places like this for fun hockey with simple structure - the more you add to it, the more it feels like a job instead of something to do for fun - which is why we are all here; instead of making the people that volunteer to keep this thing going (the managers) hate what they have to do 3 weeks into the season because of how stupidly hard some of the shit is.

I know my experience managing back in 2015/16 was a lot better than it is now with all the dumb rules and things that have been added (like the whole IR FF stuff) - its completely turned me away from doing things here (and i am someone that at least used to put a lot more time into it than many managers - so cant say im lazy haha)

You want the super strict competitive nature, you play eSports - which makes total sense.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    x_Golden_Aces_x