New TEX Message - S19 Bidding Recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by TeixeiraFanatic, Feb 26, 2022.

1. TeixeiraFanatic

TeixeiraFanatic Warning Group

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -1
    Hello everyone, I'd like to welcome you all to my new Media series "TEX Messages". I've always wanted to do something like this, exercise my writing a bit, as well as provide you all with some reading material, as I know I personally enjoy reading stuff about the league. I'm not sure exactly what kind of format future submissions will look like, but for now, I figured a bidding recap would be a good start. I'll try to do these periodically but can't commit to any set schedule at this moment. Without further ado, here are my thoughts on this bidding season.

Abbotsford:

Last season’s Western Conference runner-ups lose Doughty, Astro, and NoScxpe but bring in @zKoivu and promote @KrazyKoala911 to AGM. They were able to keep some key pieces from last season’s squad in @Lxroi- / @ApexHaze-_ / @Tkachuky_Cheese / @ManbeastMARK . These re-signs and a solid bidding prime this team to be towards the top half of the Western Conference once again.

Bakersfield:

After hoisting the Calder Cup with Chicago, @ZachJpQc is looking to building his own powerhouse in Bakersfield. Bringing @OoMBRQCoO over from my former Admirals is an under-rated move. They got @QC-BARBEY, bringing him up from the C, who has built some solid teams down there. At first look, nothing screams out to me about this team, but I forsee a lot of possible chem lines that might allow them to punch above their proverbial weight class. I'd hope to see @xJimini get the call up on his DP contract as I think he’s a solid player.

Belleville:

New management here as the old Belleville boys left for Syracuse after the NHL vanity swap. Tbh I'm not familiar with either of these managers. First impressions, forwards may be a weak point but I think the D is solid enough to keep them in games and @RayRayy_61 can hopefully steal some as well.

Bridgeport:

This is my team and given I don't know anyone other than @Champion35302, I'll abstain from too many comments. Vibes are great in the discord and I know first hand what it's like to be counted out and doubted after bidding like Milwaukee was last season.

Charlotte:

@Murphwizzle and Dugzz split up after a few seasons together. This team was given a tough task having almost no assets heading into bidding. Nonetheless, they were able to snag @Kappuh- and @xWaggu to lead up front while getting @iamTano and @KimOPereZ to anchor the back end. @Royalkc85 and @Teddy_NY24 are solid players but a lot of this team's success will depend on some of the lesser-known bids.

Chicago:

What can anyone really say about this team? The reigning champs bring back about half of the cup-winning team, led by @Not Greggy and @Ten Ply. Bringing @Userpic1306 into the fold ensures this team will be looking to make it back-to-back.

Cleveland:

The East runner-ups bring back a ton of their S18 squad with @xDoer3 and @SgtAndyBoy returning as management. This team gave Chicago the only 2 losses in their cup-winning playoff run and hope to clear that hurdle this season. They traded @I-Tyron-I before bidding, for @Sakxc-, drafted @DCRestrictive, and added @Animelord2009. Look for this team to contend for the East’s top spot again.

Coachella:

@Cornect57 returns after a szn away and teams up with @Bxrt1_ who many were surprised was allowed to manage in the A. This team jumped into bidding, opening their wallet for 3 solid D men in @JBrods91, @JHaIIzy-, and @Pricik31. This team will have 3 good lines and be a force in the West. @TamboJ35 is an up-and-coming G, and @Tyleroth is a solid tendy. Look for these 2 to be one of the best tandems playing behind these skaters.

Colorado:

New mgmt with @Mrlolchico13 and @NoScxpe96 taking over a squad with a ton of draft picks. @beaserr, @Lxvesque, and @EMacG77 played together in the C last szn with Halifax and look to continue their chemistry at the next level. @Jukelys is someone I feel will make an immediate impact at this level as well. Overall a solid team here, some may see the $7m price tag on @xRoyalFlushx911 and flinch but he’s a great D and this team had the money to spend. Reminds me a little of the Milwaukee team in S17 and @AnimalxFarm getting paid. @Kursed_Kursed is a solid goalie as well.

Grand Rapids:

The former Stockton team moves over to Michigan and picks up @Hyperr x 27 on the drive over. @xGreenyy-_- heads into his 2nd year as management and after the late regular-season run they went on last season it's hard to count them out to begin this year. Getting @CLiiNcH should be a good pick up and @msmth and @G_Baby_Spot will be solid blue-liners for this squad.

Hartford:

@xJugzy- teamed up with @Mazzzyyy_ and was able to bring in @xXSpankysnipz91 at 750k which you love to see. These friends won a mem cup together in S16 and haven’t been able to play together since. Their chem is insane, look for them to go off this season. They were also able to acquire @Bxckstrom_19 via trade and went out and got @BioIogics in bidding. Solid D men @GunitQC and @youngguns5522 came at a price but are solid investments. And @xX_Chabot72 at $1.5m is a steal. If it all comes together this will be a dangerous team. Watch for @xNateI17I to have a bounce-back season at G as well!

Henderson:

@RapleSyrup15 teams up with @xPens- this season and they seemed to make their forwards a priority in bidding. Tasked with entering bidding with few assets, they’ve built a solid squad, getting @Toeffoli, @Tychi66, and @jiccy31. This team’s success will depend on the D however, as I’m not too familiar with any of them outside of Pens and @GHCream.

Hershey:

After running into the buzzsaw that was Chicago last season, @QC_LA_BETE decided to bring in @ViLLvoN_10 after his season away from management. Picking up @The_wonder23 and @dtala17 in the draft along with bringing back key figures like @xBowlly-94 and @XpetitXpatron, this team looks to build upon a successful, yet disappointing end to last season.

Iowa:

@Reider15-15 and @TK_I98I come down from the N and have built what looks to be a powerhouse. Bringing back names like @ChuckMTL-, @kgrilli, @CRuuuuuuuZ80, and @jblaze0514 and acquiring @mrfreddy94 and @Stepl3r0_im_stuk. Look for this team to be towards the top of the west most of the season.

Laval:

@XxPasTrnack88 takes over the Rocket bringing @HoIIow TlPS in. They were able to bring back @Smetty-_- and acquire @bxrnyt1 and a couple nice defenseman in @ryanwashere78 and @Beened. I think this team should have 2 good lines and be fighting for a playoff spot in the East.

Lehigh:

This team was able to acquire a couple guys through the draft that will look to make statements for themselves up here in @sniiiider and @Ferdaboiss69. Having a bit of their roster set before bidding allowed them to splurge on a big fish and they decided @WowMyNameIsTaken is their guy. I’ve heard people think Center is his best position, which must be why he went for so much.

Manitoba:

After falling short in the Mem Cup finals, @JJ_Hilly and @ThugHughes come up to manage the team that fell short in the Calder Cup finals. Bringing in a few of the key pieces of the Mem cup run in @ASAPBenji-, @Kellpapi, @Don_EIway, and @Mogilny7. Bringing along with them @xRaymondx23 (joshrg my former CHL GM, great guy here), @buIlzaiIl_78_QC, and @dboot90. I think chem will allow this team to surprise some people, but we’ll see how far that can take them. Disappointed I wasn’t able to take on management roles this season, but @SelkeSean found some good guys to take over.

Milwaukee:

@ROLLaBACKWOODS and @DirtyDanglez-88 team up to take management for this S18 playoff team. Danglez looks to build off a solid season last year with Cleveland as he joins a team that is bringing back some players from last season’s Meese. @Manats95, @jerry1330, @HeyKep, @IHoganI, and my boy @BRANNIFF- all return. Super is one of the nicest guys in LG and is just a gamer, as he’ll do whatever is needed of him without complaining. He excels as a compliment player, so we’ll see who he’s playing alongside this season. @xDeedss is another great center that I thought might go for more than 4.25. It’ll be fun to follow this team throughout the season as they all seem to be good guys. Rooting for you all!

Ontario:

Don’t really know anyone here, but @PXSTRNAK-_- returns to the A after a stint in the N after his S17 Calder Cup. @MikeTysonzTiger- looks to be a good center, and they were able to add @CrashMan67 to bolster that first line. Not sure how the rest of the lines will work out, but a team to keep an eye out for if the draft picks pan out.

Providence:

A common theme here, but not familiar with too many of these guys, and probably just due to me being relatively new to LG still. @Boske51 is a solid player that somehow plays on couch camera, which should be commended. @Lannister_bro was a mid season call-up to the Meese last season and found success playing with their first line. Let’s see if he can keep up that success this year.

Rochester:

After his break-up with Murph, @Dugzz l67l went out and got himself a Ferrari in the Americans and looks to take the East by storm. Bringing @NotSlxmShxdy over with him from Springfield, this team is primed to compete for the top spot in the entire league. I’m assuming @Biscuitz29 gets called up at some point while someone comes down from the N, but that shouldn’t change things much. @Ehtea, a dividing figure in the league is entering his sophomore season in the A, looking to prove his haters wrong. Dugzz was able to snag @xChauve (iCookie/Biscuit) for just $750k somehow after going for $6m last season. They also brought in @iSHOOTSfromDEEPS to solidify a nice LW corps. @YuNgWuN413 at LD is a stud at just about every position, look for him to have another monster season.

Rockford:

@msant23 leaves Colorado and teams up with @Jtc3328 and @ZOMBOY191. They ended up paying $12m for 2 players so they must feel confident about their 2nd and 3rd lines. Former teammate of mine, @Lxpierre- makes the move to C which I think will be fun to watch. @Jesus_Price_31 is a solid tendy, so I’m glad to see him up here. Not sure if there’s enough firepower to make too much noise, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

San Diego:

@ttommyboiii returns after a brief hiatus, and teams up with @SMiiRK-_-. Looking to find the magic Tuscon had to start the season last year before an abrupt *mhm* end. @eye2797 looks to build off a solid year in Milwaukee last season, and has found himself in a good situation. This team’s real strength is their defense and they should win a lot of games just on that alone. @Foxnetsov and @NE0N X 8 for $1.5m total is a bargain.

San Jose:

Coming off a successful individual season 18, @xX1_Stxtzle_8Xx looks to take the next step in the AHL and build a contender. He grabs @silverstxin as AGM who I think a lot of people may be unfamiliar with. Silver ECU’d for Milwaukee quite a bit last season, and is a solid player thru and thru. They won the bidding for my guy @ZeRo l92l but I’m afraid they might not have enough help for him.

Springfield:

@MyNamesMino and @CFairman7 are back at it again, though they move on from Coachella to manage @premierplayer 's AHL squad. They re-signed @Noblood777, @The1_Teflon_Don, and @HoodedMerc and went out to get @cxckkosaurus once again. @WutangCreamx0 is a solid goalie and will steal some games I’m sure. I see this team as having 2 good lines, but overall success might be limited by their 3rd.

Stockton:

S18 Griffin management shift to Stockton and look to continue their success. @MaTh_HaBs and @Brxndamour are two of the better players at this level and they brought back a lot of the contributors to that Griffin team last season. They were able to add a lot of nice forwards (@buckybear88, @jmm420, @Jlm1410, @MxttyIce97, etc.) Look for this team to be towards the top of the West.

Syracuse:

@xARMYYY_ and @Dowdenn pick up @GingerNHL to round out their management team and bring back @FreeZ-o-R, @nLands, and @HipposAreCool34 from the Belleville team last szn. Solid squad up and down, and I really like the @Tendrr_ pickup. Look for this team to be a playoff team, and if things go right maybe a contender.

Texas:

@IM__ALZ and @xJohnny03 take over the Stars and got a couple of good players on decent contracts (@Dradavich, @Micro-CA). @xARR-13, aka Dxtsyuk- gets a pay increase this season, and good for him. He’s a good compliment player but needs players that play well with his style. @Felix29- was a rock for Milwaukee in the playoffs last season and promptly gets paid. Really hope the defense here can perform well enough in front of him like he deserves.

Toronto:

Another team that had a ton of draft capital and seemed to have utilized it well. @Desainde81, @Ironside197, @Centurion716-, @Kroniqii all look to have an immediate impact and luckily won’t have to do so with the burden of leading a top line. Defense I think will be good enough to not let them down. Playoffs seem likely for this squad.

Tucson:

@PooIzy- and @X-ShoreySzn-X make the jump to the A due to being rejected CHL management for being too successful. These guys always found ways to build solid contenders in the C but might find this level a little different. Rooting for these guys but it will be an up-hill battle I’m afraid.

Utica:

@vVxsion returns to Utica after taking over mid-season last year and doing the best he could given that situation. Trying to avoid that again, Utica went out and paid top dollar for @VintageTrav, @Pawdiddy, and @harkov47. I think this team has some potential if everyone buys in, but making the playoffs seems to be best-case scenario.

Wilkes Barre:

Not familiar with many guys here other than @Bxrkov-16, but diving into these guys, I’m liking what I see. @Oppi x 14 is gross, @Arm9dnDang9rous9 looks to build on a solid S18 campaign, and @Ch1ps_Ah0y_59 will be a solid center. I like the top 2 D here, but we’ll have to see how the 2 DP’s do back there. Can definitely see this team making some noise and being underestimated.

Anyway, thank you everyone for reading.

• Winner Winner x 30
    • Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  2. Zkoivu

Zkoivu Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zKoivu#6042
    Ratings:
    +935 / 22 / -92
    Very good write up

zkoivu
  3. xDeedss

xDeedss Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +589 / 63 / -142
    TeixeiraFanatic, LGAHL TSN Insider xDeedss here.

First off, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such an informational post for the people of the LGAHL community. I highly rate this post "winner" as I think thats EXACTLY what it deserves.

Second, thank you again.

and last but not least, thank you.

Best regards,
    xDeedss

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. jacksdawgs

jacksdawgs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jacksdawgs#7657
    Ratings:
    +161 / 34 / -77
    You mean #Teix Messages

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    jacksdawgs
  5. FRANKIE__

FRANKIE__ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -4
    Boom. Great writeup, i wouldn't expect anything less from my Milwaukee s18 D partner

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    frankie__1
  6. kershaw1984

kershaw1984 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 5 / -8
    I expect this for every league now. Good write up.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Mikeh x 39

Mikeh x 39 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 13 / -57
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Dradavich

Dradavich The guy who got Truc Banned

Discord:
    Dradavich#1971
    Ratings:
    +1,866 / 134 / -406
    Why does everyone think i'm actually good :thinking:

Dradavich
  9. jacksdawgs

jacksdawgs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jacksdawgs#7657
    Ratings:
    +161 / 34 / -77
    SUCK-UP

jacksdawgs
  10. TeixeiraFanatic

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -1
    You're the goat man. You serve as an inspiration for us all.

No Streaming Account
  11. JJ_Hilly

JJ_Hilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 28 / -98
    MEESE

• Winner Winner x 1
    jj_hilly
  12. NotMazzy

NotMazzy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mazzzyyy_#0
    Ratings:
    +74 / 5 / -39
    Great write up!

No Streaming Account
  13. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    You're on the Mark, Teixeira!

• Winner Winner x 2
    Markz_51
  14. TeixeiraFanatic

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -1

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Dxtsyukian

Dxtsyukian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 6 / -8
    Nothing but respect tex! Appreciate the kind words!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Joshrg23

Joshrg23 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Joshrg23#6293
    Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -9
    Damn you good at this my man keep that hard work up love to read these! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ljoshrg23l
  17. Boske51

Boske51 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    boske51#0
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -5
    Appreciate the props good luck to you this season and we all appreciate you taking the time for this write up!

• Funny Funny x 1
    BossKey51
  18. CrashMan67

CrashMan67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    Haha I could never take your spot from you @MikehTheGod . Unreal writeup @TeixeiraFanatic , hope you are doing well brother. Keep up the great work!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account