Western Central Division Projections

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Jun 1, 2020.

1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Hello again my fellow LG’ers. A couple seasons ago I did some division pre-rankings before the season start but have taken a break with the media that has been provided since then. But now I am back for this season again. Today I will be doing the whole west conference and on Wednesday I will provide the East which will include my team. Alright enough talking, lets get into it.

Western Central: From the outside looking in this division looks to be a two-trick pony at the top. With the remaining two spots being up for grabs.

1. Grand Rapids Griffins – Much like I did a couple seasons ago with Rochester, GRG gets the top spot until proven otherwise. If you want to seat the champs, then you need to beat the champs. Effectively returning 10 of the 17 players from season 35’s Calder winning team the foundation was already set for season 36. With some nifty offseason additions and through bidding the only glaring need I can see is on defense.

· Best Contract - @N1ghthors3 (Resigned 1.25M)

o The guy just wins. No less than 17 wins in 4 of his last 5 seasons in the A. And given some of the contract prices to wingers in bidding this is an absolute steal.

· Worst Contract – @Darcy Kuemper (Resigned 2.5M)

o This is not to say that DK is a bad goalie at all. This is more so that 2.5M on a goalie even if it’s a top tier one is just crazy to me. So much money could be spent on other positions.

2. Milwaukee Admirals – Gone is JC having moved up to the show and thus taking over is the HUMerican fellows in Nylander, Delosh & Leniig. I’m not sure if Fuzz and Fawn are going up but with Pigs also in the show my assumption would be yes. However, this team boasts two top defenders and arguably the best RD in the A (not counting the NHL late signups) These guys will look to get back to the playoffs after a disappointing s35 finish and should have no problem doing so.

· Best Contract - @MARTINEZ2619

Six full seasons in the AHL and the guy has only had a sub .500 season one time. While he has not come close to matching his break-out season in s30. Letting a consistent 20 goal, close to 50-point player going for 500k is unacceptable. If he stays on the team the whole season, he should have a career season.

· Worst Contract - @Leniig

Cause fuck you. :D

3. Rockford Ice Hogs – To be honest I don’t know much about this team very well. However, Assonato did just win a cup in the NHL so that must count for something. With some decent contracts on this team they should be considered a contender just from experience. Don’t know much about al but from various people he’s good. Only glaring weakness, I can see is on defense. 500k army is always skeptical.

· Best Contract – @Happy-Gilmore-27 (Bidding 500k)

From what I’ve heard HG is a stud defenseman on PSN however, he goes back to Center on xbox. Some people are just very good at multiple positions. So, if he’s as good as center as people say he is then this is a steal for sure and at 500k for three seasons.

· Worst Contract - @PieR Talent (bidding 8M)

Pier Talent is a good player. But he’s not 8M good. Considering the likes of @Jemima @Odieeeeee @officialmark07 & @MarcoGoes5H0LE all went for 9M or higher most likely because of the name itself and having the resumes to back it up. I think we all wish we knew the thinking behind this one.

4. San Antonio Rampage – After an abysmal campaign last season the Rampage are under new management this season also with some PSN guys running the show. Another team I don’t know much about but having seen some of the Managers chat these guys have a lot of accolades to gloat about. This team should be a lock for playoffs.

· Best Contract - @BMillzy_ (Resigned 750k)

Millzy is part of the PSN club despite not having played PSN in a few seasons he’s coming off a season of having 50 points for the porous SA s35 time. He should have a better time this season and coming only at the cheap price of 750k

· Worst Contract – @At43 – (bidding 4.25M)

I could have gone johnkenney here but 100+ players at 8M isn’t terrible. However, AT making his return to the AHL after the past 12 in the N comes down at a hefty price. In those last 12 he only eclipsed the 60-point mark three times. Tanaka is a good player, with the other centers that went for less this is a reach.

5. Chicago Wolves – The wolves return some pieces that had them a decent run last season and because of that with the additions of Grumpy and Jagr to solidify the back end should keep this team in the mix for the long run. They added some nice pieces through bidding to help round out their team. The glaring weakness I see on this team is between the pipes.

· Best Contract - @DEATHBEAST774 (bidding 500k)

Not having played season 35 beast’s most recent numbers go back to s34 when he played a season in the CHL. Despite having solid numbers and defense being really thin this bidding he slips through with the minimum bid.

· Worst Contract - @Game Seven W (bidding 500k)

Why?

6. Manitoba Moose – Martel leaves WBS and heads for the west but unfortunately for him he should have stayed in the East. While I don’t think this division is necessarily stacked it is cramped at the top. Having boasted 7 forwards before bidding started, I would say this was a clear disadvantage heading into what was probably the deepest forward class ever. Defense is this team’s weakness overall. 500k dmen are always a hit or miss and some have “character issues”

· Best Contract - @Doitlive23 (bidding 1M)

Two seasons ago he was 4M and had a mediocre season. Last season he went for 1M in bidding and finished with 17 wins and 64 points. This season he went through AHL bidding and still went for 1M. WHAT ARE WE DOING?!

· Worst Contract - @El Pyr0 (bidding 6.25)

Nothing against pyro but for a team lacking in the defense department paying out 6.25 for pyro to be the top pair dmen is a little much. When you consider the likes of Garoo, Graz0matic and Grammer LD all going for less than this. This is another reach.

7. Texas Stars – These stars look woefully familiar to that of the stars from s34 when they had LoL and gave him 8.25M. This season they have Marco at 10.75 which will assuredly bog them down cap wise leaving them with little to no room to really make upgrades. This team has the feel of the s35 Crunch with 10.5 Sitful except the crunch had better talent on smaller contracts which is no disrespect to anyone on the stars.

· Best Contract - @l Freddy ll (manager)

This is by far the best contract on the team considering he went for about 9M last season and comes in as the free contract this season. But also, by being free it allowed them to dish the 10m on Marco.

· Worst Contract - @MarcoGoes5H0LE (bidding 10.75M)

Don’t really know Marco but I know he’s one of the NHL’s best to offer. This season he plays defense in the A and I don’t know if he was expecting a cheap price or not. But history shows it doesn’t matter what position you play you are getting paid regardless. See s33 GB521.

8. Iowa Wild - After a successful playoff berth with manship and mike scott at the helm. Scott goes to the show and manship goes to the east. Taking over is Skuttlebut on forward and KnifeVet. This team has glaring weaknesses everywhere. Another team that didn't capitalize on cheap prices and steals all over the place.

Best Contract - @A 500K DEFENDER (bidding 1.25M)

Not often you get a consistent NHL dmen for very cheap. But they get reliable and consistency in Jeeeeebs for the bargain of 1.25.

Worst Contract - @Boogie x6 (bidding 6.75M)

After a two season contract at 4M saw him with consistent 53 point campaigns boogie gets an increase to 6.75M Im beating a dead horse here or throwing a brick at one like the one in the riots. But with all of cheap prices like doitlive or dopeswagyolo better options could have been had to spend that cap elsewhere.

Thanks for reading,

Please remember before rating “GG” and “troll” or “dumb” that these are just opinionated sentences and are not meant to be offensive and or to make people butthurt. I will be doing the Western Pacific later.

Salty

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 36
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Love the Writeup but Stockton isn't in this division boss...

• Informative Informative x 1
    SmittyTV
  3. skyre5

skyre5 AHL's Most Underpaid Player

Discord:
    313sky#2061
    Ratings:
    +559 / 34 / -71
    Salty leaking division realignments

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Sorry for the mistake, fixed

No Streaming Account
  5. PieR Talent

PieR Talent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 87 / -178
    No Streaming Account
  6. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    Best team contract here

extrasweetsauce
  7. Darse

Darse Knob Jockey

Discord:
    darcykuemper#0
    Ratings:
    +3,362 / 98 / -121
    [​IMG] Stars have earned the player rights for Darcy Kuemper with a bid amount of $4,250,000 in Season 30 of the LGAHL
    2018-06-01 06:09am
    Darcy Kuemper has been awarded the All Star Team Award for Season: 30 of the LGAHL
    2018-09-16 05:19pm
    Darcy Kuemper been awarded the Division Champion Award for Season: 30 of the LGAHL
    2018-09-16 05:00pm
    Darcy Kuemper been awarded the Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy Award for Season: 30 of the LGAHL
    2018-09-16 04:59pm
    Darcy Kuemper has been awarded the Bastien Memorial Award for Season: 30 of the LGAHL
    2018-09-16 05:08pm

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    DKuemps
  8. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    Jesus H
    Jesus man HUMBLE BRAG

• Winner Winner x 1
    extrasweetsauce
  9. Waxibono

Waxibono Most Hated

Ratings:
    +603 / 56 / -64
    S30 Darcy Kuemper has been first rounded in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 1
    waxibono
  10. Reidxrs

Reidxrs Otters All Time Legend

Discord:
    Reids#2641
    Ratings:
    +375 / 30 / -33
    Darcys contract >>>Mine

• Funny Funny x 1
    ReidersWeiners2
  11. Meestah Don

Meestah Don shitter here

Discord:
    MeestahDon#8695
    Ratings:
    +631 / 54 / -38
    2.5 mil for a goalie is too much yes. 2.5 mil for a goalie that just won all 16 playoff games is an easy done deal

• Winner Winner x 1
    meestahdon
  12. Wxldo62

Wxldo62 Cup Check

Ratings:
    +787 / 22 / -68
    @PieR Talent would’ve been a bust at 3M What the hell was rockford thinking

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    We should probably wait till the call ups/send downs are done to do write ups with this draft class, Chicago could jump up to 3 or even 2. Good job tho.

ChiSouthSiderr
  14. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    We should probably wait until I ask. Oh wait, I didn't. Make your own if you don't like it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. brax96

brax96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +436 / 17 / -49
    Love this energy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    extrasweetsauce
  16. Crabby Crawfish

Crabby Crawfish Spread the Crabs

Discord:
    creb12#0
    Ratings:
    +133 / 1 / -2
    I suck I guess

• Funny Funny x 2
    CrabbyCrawfish
  17. AoN x CLUTCH

AoN x CLUTCH Well-Known Member

Discord:
    aonxclutch#0
    Ratings:
    +72 / 10 / -23
    Yeah, Texas stars are gonna SUCK :toxic:

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. vGrxmpy

vGrxmpy Retired Offensive Defenseman

Discord:
    vgrxmpy#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 7 / -16
    creb

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. Iv 0VI vI

Iv 0VI vI wyddd stepbr0VI

Ratings:
    +113 / 6 / -15
    :team390::team390::team390:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. l Murray x 30 l

l Murray x 30 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 43 / -13
    Do we not remember the team that darcy was on in S30 like come on that team was stacked cant really brag about much with that team

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account