Western Pacific Division Projections

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Jun 1, 2020.

1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    This is the Western Pacific which I believe will be the equivalent to season 35’s Eastern North where you had 7 teams vying for playoff position down to the wire. Let’s get into it.

Western Pacific: This division will most likely have 4 to 5 100-point teams again.

1. Tucson Roadrunners – You can change the players, but you can’t change the system. This team is essentially s35 except sub out Freddy and add in Odie. Look for the Roadrunners to compete for the president’s trophy once more.

· Best Contract - @Soxfan7744 (bidding 750k)

Soxfan was recently management with the condors in season 35 and for 36 he went through bidding and joins the rival Roadrunners this season going back to forward. He has 50+ points at forward in 5 of his last 7 seasons so 750 is a steal.

· Worst Contract – @Odieeeeee (bidding 10.5M)

As I stated in the central write up for Marco as his price. This is not a knock towards odie the player but more so in the sense that 10.5M on one player despite who that player is, is never a good strategy. However, as the RR proved last season with Freddy just shy of 10, they won the presidents.

2. San Diego Gulls – Much like the roadrunners above, this team is essentially the same as the season 35 crunch. This version of the gulls is a mixture of the crunch and marlies from S35. The defense is the strength of this team and should be considered top D-unit in the league especially how thin defense was in bidding.

· Best Contract - @cabcavlax1 (resign 1.5M)

1.5M for a true dman that is coming off a career best season in the A with 21 wins and 27 points is a steal.

· Worst Contract - @I Steal Napkins (resign 5.5M)

To be honest, in my own opinion the Gulls don’t have a single bad contract. I could say Napkins isn’t worth the 5.5 but Suzuki and Saucing Pucks both went for more. So, I have to pick someone, sorry ISN.

3. San Jose Barracuda – another team that boasted 7 forwards pre bidding and 10 overall from season 35’s 100 point 3rd place finish team. They added, lebel, Willard, pylon and Garoo in bidding. Much like people say certain teams won the “NFL draft” say what you will but SJ won bidding.

· Best Contract – @Gary Garoo (bidding 1M)

Garoo is a long-time defenseman from the NHL. Getting him at the cheap price of 1M was too easy. SJ was in and out while everyone else was fighting over the big names on defense and spending more then they should. Lebel was also considered here for best contract.

· Worst Contract - @Some Pylon (bidding 6.5M)

After several 500k contracts in the N between seasons 33 and 35 Fred comes back home to the cuda that he left in s32. In that span his best numbers were 12 wins and 16 points. Coming back to the A I know pylon is a good dman. But the thin D bidding class showed here.

4. Ontario Reign – The Reign come into this season with new life after having it sucked out by everyone’s favorite manager the poop man himself. Smitty has an act of building good teams and this season should be no different. However, he may have found himself in familiar waters as this season’s pacific will be no different than s35’s north division.

· Best Contract - @DopeSwagYOLO (bidding 750k)

Falling through N bidding down to the A DSY could have assuredly expected a heavy increase. 63-point season in 34 in the A followed by a 44 point 14 win season in the N at 2M gets him a 750k contract in the A. WHY?!

· Worst Contract – @Averageboy (bidding 5M)

Everyone knows average boy is a west coast player and with EA servers not catering an advantage to west anymore it doesn’t make much sense to drop 5M on him especially without his long-time mate KSP. With better options available for less this was a reach.

5. Colorado Eagles – The eagles are a bit differently run this season then in seasons past. I don’t seem them being that dominant top division tier team this season and the offensive depth shows unfortunately. However, the defense looks to be this team’s strength.

· Best Contract - @Prowsey8 (bidding 750k)

Making his return to LG after a season off and one to forget. Prowsey goes for 750k at a position that was extremely thin and honestly his best position. He just adds depth, leadership and experience to an already deep group.

· Worst Contract - @TITO SLUMGOD (bidding 1.75)

You’re not the best. Shhh.

6. Palm Springs Firebirds – This season’s firebirds are very different from last as this team moves from PSN’ers to long time vets of the league on xbox. Loaded with some decent steals this team unfortunately is just in the wrong division. Backed by Ahmbience & McQuade make their return backing this D-core.

· Best Contract - @mooresy 27 (bidding 1.75)

Fresh off a ban from yeti’s miserable team Mooresy makes his return to the A. On a team with some good guys but in the wrong division he’ll look to find some moderate success. And if things go south, he still has a movable contract

· Worst Contract - @xcrazynik (bidding 2M)

I’m not entirely sure who nik is? But with options like Prowsey, Garoo and Graz going for less than 2 with better numbers. This is a reach even at 2M, with limited numbers and a brutal s35 N campaign.

7. Bakersfield Condors – this team rallied to make the post season in 35 by sneaking in on the last night of the season. For the most part they overturn a lot of faces from that team and get themselves a decent number of cheap contracts. But they had to do so trading for everyone’s favorite pilot in the offseason. They should compete, but they’ll need a lot of help.

· Best Contract - @X Cross x11 (bidding 500k)

Cross has had an average start to his AHL career with 95 points in two seasons. However, gaining experience playing with some of the AHL’s best is bound to help him only get better. This season from what I’ve heard is that he will RW with Malchesky and Wayne. Could be in for a career season.

· Worst Contract – @Malchesky (bidding 7.5)

I say malchesky both seriously and jokingly. Depending on which version of Mal Bakersfield gets this could be a good contract. Especially since he’ll have linemates he chose. But if he loses motivation It’ll be doomsday for the condors. Also, bad contract because this bidding he most likely would have went less than 7.5 maybe not by much but even so.

8. Stockton Heat – the heat looks to bounce back from some miserable past seasons under new management with Murph & Prozzer. However, despite the consensus from peers and the community that wont change. The heat didn’t do them selves any favors in bidding either. This team has decent offensive pieces but another team with majority 500k dmen contracts doesn’t bode well.

· Best Contract - @RaiN l 87 l (bidding 1.25M)

Despite a losing record last season Rain still managed to put up 61 points. With the forwards on this team Rain may pile on the points but the wins should be far and few in between. It never rains but it pours.

· Worst Contract - @Saucing Pucks / @Suzuki I14I (bidding 8M/6M)

It’s hard not to go with both of these guys here. Both are good players but as mentioned before above with all of the steals and prices of other decently talented centers and wingers these are just hard reaches. Over half of your cap (14M) on the same position is just insane to me. Centers are crucial, but not without defensemen and wingers.

Thanks for reading,

Please remember before rating “GG” and “troll” or “dumb” that these are just opinionated sentences and are not meant to be offensive and or to make people butthurt. I will be doing the east on Wednesday.

Salty

• Like x 31
    • Winner x 5
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    Worst contract at 1.75, bruh i had cancer you cant say that lmao! All in all tho, enjoyed the f outta your writeups as always pal

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Jenk

Jenk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 18 / -35
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. DopeSwagYOLO

DopeSwagYOLO Le Meilleur

Discord:
    DopeSwagYOLO#2513
    Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -8
    Quality media as always! Need someone to do a write up on how bad @DopeSwagYOLO sucks

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Mt Willard

Mt Willard Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mtwillard#0
    Ratings:
    +392 / 29 / -39
    @Gary Garoo about to carry the boys to the promised land

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Mtwillard
  6. X Cross x11

X Cross x11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    Aye I finally got Some love, nice write up Salty

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Next BIue

Next BIue My Nerves are shot..

Ratings:
    +72 / 7 / -6
    GOOD WRITE UP FINE SIR TAKE CARE XOXOXO

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. pitwinkle

pitwinkle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -3
    Pitwinkle
  9. Averageboy

Averageboy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 4 / -4
    im just here for a paycheck bb

In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  10. cabcavlax1

cabcavlax1 Peaked in S37

Discord:
    cabcavlax1#4804
    Ratings:
    +101 / 5 / -11
    Good write up Salty, thanks for the shoutout! :team518: SQUAWK :team518:

• Winner Winner x 3
    cabcavlax1
  11. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,594 / 863 / -485
    Marlies Back End> Gulls Back End

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Broomball1881
  12. xcrazynik

xcrazynik Member

Discord:
    xcrazynik#4742
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ouch

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +833 / 54 / -127
    You doing east?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Thanks for reading,

Please remember before rating “GG” and “troll” or “dumb” that these are just opinionated sentences and are not meant to be offensive and or to make people butthurt. I will be doing the east on Wednesday.

Salty

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Some Pylon

Some Pylon Some Pylon

Discord:
    Some Pylon#1484
    Ratings:
    +134 / 12 / -15
    6.5M shitter here.

SomePylon