Media [S28] Week 5 Power Rankings (T5/B5)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Nov 18, 2017.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Week 5 has come and gone. It started off with LG getting all fucked up and teams have still not entered in stats from Week 4. Hey GM's, get with it. Take pictures after you win games and stop being lazy fucks. My Top 5 this week was probably harder than any other week so far. The Bottom 5 was pretty damn easy to be honest. So here we go and don't get butt hurt!

TOP 5

1. :team516: Stockton Heat (OVR 35-9-1 -- W5 8-0-1) - 71 pts

As much as I can't stand @Granpapuff420 , I'm putting the Stockton Heat as the top dog for the Week 5 Power Rankings. I can guarantee that you'll find at least one member of Stockton in the chat box every game night chirping away. The Heat had a very solid week 5, going 8-0-1. Their loss in OT came against the Chicago Wolves. In that game, the Heat were using an ECU goalie, so maybe that explains the odd loss to Chicago. Although Cleveland had a down week, the Heat pulled off a 5-0 shutout. Another win to acknowledge is against the Ontario Reign who were also shutout. And as much as I hate to mention him again, Granpa was the goalie in those games. He is having one hell of a season posting a 25-3-0 record, 88.5 SV%, and a 1.38 GAA. This man is carrying his team this season.

2. :team307: Manitoba Moose (OVR 36-7-2 -- W5 7-2-0) - 74 pts

The boys in Manitoba slid down a spot after being #1 last week. It's not like they had a terrible week, but I liked that Stockton had no regulation losses compared to the Moose who had two. One of those losses coming in the first game of the week against the Texas Stars. @Lingross x 88 is still showing off that shiny unbeaten record. But Linger can we up the difficulty a bit? I know you like All Star, but you need to be playing on Superstar. @Im4thLineWorthy is still battling at the top of the league in scoring and currently is first in points (3rd in goals, 1st in assists). It looks like the majority of Manitoba's week 6 games will be against the Eastern Atlantic. An early game against the Penguins followed by a midweek battle with the newly crowned #1 Stockton Heat, and finishing the week off with the division leading Phantoms.

3. :team519: San Jose Barracuda (OVR 29-12-4 -- W5 5-2-2) - 62 pts

Here's where things started to get hard. There are probably 4 to 5 teams battling for the final 3 spots. I chose to go with the Barracuda at #3 this week based off the fact that they had some tough tests and proved that they can still hang. That loss to the Milwaukee Admirals though o_O... Anyways two good wins over Ontario and Colorado. Ontario is a team that the Barracuda on in a fight with in the division. Colorado seemed to have something good going, but a big bomb went off it seems and people were traded and their ex GM, @eh iTz Horty , resigned because of the bomb. San Jose almost defeated the Heat, but lost in OT. That would have been a very nice win if they were able to pull it off. This team has been a roller coaster team when it has come to my Power Rankings, so we'll see if they are back up here next week.

4. :team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (OVR 29-11-5 -- W5 5-3-1) - 63 pts

The Phantoms are back up in the Top 5 after falling out last week. Lehigh Valley had a tough loss to Laval in the first game of the week against the dynamic duo of @Lorenzo x 24 & @rG Breezyy , but finished off the week with three straight wins. Two of those wins came against top division opponents in Wilkes-Barre Scranton & Bridgeport. A shutout win against Hershey earlier in the week was another key divisional win. The Phantoms seem to play a lot of close games which can sometimes get stressful. The addition of @Ambient I37I may give this team a burst in the scoring department that they need coming into the final weeks of the season. A good week 6 will do a lot for Lehigh's push to the playoffs, but they will need to either find some scoring or put up excellent defensive efforts to get them that good week.

5. :team301: Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (OVR 29-12-5 -- W5 7-1-1) - 63 pts

The other team atop the Eastern Atlantic makes an appearance in the Top 5 to finish it off. If Wilkes-Barre was able to beat Lehigh on Thursday night, they would have been higher in the rankings. But being #5 is not bad at all. @Hilly & @l Gabella l are doing a great job for the Baby Penguins this season. They hit a few rough patches along the way, but have put together a solid week. The most impressive win would be against the Rochester Americans who they shut out 3-0. Rochester seems to be a team on the rise and is looking to take over the Eastern North lead in weeks to come. The goalie duo of @l Scopes x l20l & @Kingofny1983 are locking it down lately. Both are sporting 82.2 SV%'s and low GAA.

BOTTOM 5

27. :team777: Belleville Senators (OVR 15-24-5 -- W5 3-4-1) - 35 pts

I don't have an outcome for their game against Providence, but the Senators at least managed to win three games this week. Nothing too spectacular though. @Jbarnsey is leading the way here in Belleville, but it's just not enough in my opinion.

28. :team314: Hartford Wolf Pack (OVR 15-28-2 -- W5 1-7-1) - 32 pts

Making an appearance for what I believe is the first time this season, the Hartford Wolf Pack are just bad. Not the worst in the league by any means, but not good either. Goalie play has been atrocious. You also won your only game by forfeit and even forfeited one yourself.

29. :team618: Tucson Roadrunners (OVR 9-33-3 -- W5 1-6-2) - 21 pts

Hey! What's up? What's new? Oh just recording your 3rd win in the past three weeks combined I see. Cool stuff. That was fun. See you next week.

30. :team393: Charlotte Checkers (OVR 7-34-5 -- W5 0-9-0) - 19 pts

Just pathetic. It's pretty bad that there is a team worse than you in these rankings. Riding a hot 15 game losing streak. Which ranks as the 2nd worst this season. You had 3 forfeits this week!? Someone step up and run this damn team and stop forfeiting.

31. :team298: Toronto Marlies (OVR 10-30-5 -- W5 0-7-2) - 25 pts

If anyone was able to read my rankings last week before the site went away, they would have read that I predicted Toronto to lose all 9 games and be going into week 6 with a 20 game losing streak. Well it's happened. 20 damn games!! How do you lose that much in a row? 1-22-4 in the past 3 weeks. Absolutely mind blowing!!! :confused::eek:o_O

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    We can’t give what people wanna see. #SaveItForTheLoffs

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    Great work out there. Keep showing those third line CHLers a lesson! @Lingross x 88

#trusttheprocess

• Like Like x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Dragszerman

Dragszerman Uhhhh

Discord:
    dragszerman#0
    Ratings:
    +530 / 65 / -90
    Dragsx95
  5. PeteyMaCx11

PeteyMaCx11 555

Discord:
    PeteyMacx11#2465
    Ratings:
    +964 / 34 / -73
    PeteyMacx11
  6. bl1zz72

bl1zz72 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bl1zz72#8459
    Ratings:
    +174 / 13 / -9
    pretty sure rochester went 8-2 this week...EDIT : saw its by points so disregard...Sorry guys. lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Charlotte is pretty elite! 1 win in like 4 weeks and it was against me lawl

No Streaming Account
  8. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    Still surprised Binghamton hasnt made the bottom 5 yet , This ship is the Titanic boys !

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    With you leading that ship... it should be known as the Tightanus!!

Sebby6138