Media [S28] Week 1 Power Rankings (T5/B5)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Oct 19, 2017.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    It's a new season so I figured let's try something different. I'm going to attempt to do a Power Rankings write up each week (as long as I have the time). These Power Rankings are a bit different though. The T5/B5 in the title stands for Top 5 & Bottom 5 and those are the only teams I will do write ups on. It's all fun and games guys, so don't go getting all depressed. Just trying to spice up the AHL. Let's get into it.

TOP 5

1. :team517: Ontario Reign (8-1-0) - 16 pts

A very good start for the new GM of the S28 Ontario Reign, @l Stastny26 l , as his team sandwiched a loss between two separate four game win streaks. Their only loss came to the San Jose Barracuda by a score of 6-3. It's not that bad of a loss when you take a look at the box score and see that San Jose had a forward line with a combined 34 points playing in that game. The Reign were led this week in scoring by @Konecny x 11 who put up 11 points (7G, 4A). The competition that Ontario faced wasn't the best, but they did have a couple nice games against the top line of San Antonio and a Bakersfield team who turned in a nice week after that forgetful 11-1 loss to Colorado. Ontario looks to add on to their success next week when they begin on Sunday with games against Belleville (5-4-0) and Binghamton (4-4-1).

2. :team307: Manitoba Moose (7-1-1) - 15 pts

Let's talk about some Moose now. @Im4thLineWorthy comes into this season with a slightly different looking team. No more KSPx11/Averageboy/Jbarnsey line. Instead insert @Lyons x 63 and @IlFox up front with @Lingross x 88 on the blueline. Yet another team for 4thLine that could push for a Calder Cup. This past week wasn't perfect by any means, but with a key win over their division rival, the Cleveland Monsters, they were able to secure that top spot in the Western Central. As I expected, 4thLine and his usual line mates @Scumbag Jared and @xI STR8iNK Ix are among the top 5 in points for the Moose. With a majority of their week 2 games coming against the Eastern Atlantic (weak showing in week 1), I wouldn't hesitate to say that Manitoba will be staying among the Top 5.

3. :team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (7-2-0) - 14 pts

I might get some shit for this one, but hear me out. Yes, I am aware that this is my team. I am also aware that the Phantoms are not even first in their division. But here are some stats that will make you understand. When it comes to the winning percentage of opponents the Phantoms and Penguins have beaten, they are tied. Winning percentage of opponents they lost to goes in favor of the Phantoms. Goal differential favors the Phantoms. And finally, when it comes to common opponents in week 1 (Providence, Belleville, Springfield, Bridgeport), the Phantoms won all four match-ups while the Penguins only won two. Now that I said all of that, Lehigh Valley surprised the hell out of me and probably a lot of other people as well. @shutthegate and @Darcy Kuemper have played exceptionally well between the pipes. It helps to have some scoring as well. @Und3rsh0tkid87 is tied for 2nd in the league for points with 12 (5G, 7A) and is sporting a 3-0-0 record. Next week pins them up against Manitoba in the first game on Sunday with a match-up against Cleveland later in the week.

4. :team301: Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (7-1-1) - 15 pts

Now that we got all of the statistical evidence out of the way, let's talk about the Baby Penguins a bit. A great week for @Hilly and @l Gabella l as a management group. @Weldxr and @lRl Bure 10 continue their point scoring ways from S27. That's a duo to continue to watch as the season moves along. I can't talk about the Penguins though without mentioning their goalie @l Scopes x l20l . This man had great seasons (S25 & S26) in net during NHL 17 only to switch to forward for S27. Well he's back and putting up some nice numbers so far. A 83.9 SV% with a 1.46 GAA will always give your team a chance to win. Wilkes-Barre will mimic Lehigh and faceoff against Cleveland and Manitoba next week. Maybe take a quick look at the Binghamton game as well seeing that they had a great week last week only to have two games overturned.

5. :team519: San Jose Barracuda (6-2-1) - 13 pts

Choosing who was going to round out the Top 5 was not easy, but I went some more statistics that I won't bore you with. The Barracuda had some minor hiccups this past past week. I would really say they only had one standout loss and that was the first game of the season against the San Diego Gulls. There were three wins that I did like though from San Jose. Wins against Ontario, Bakersfield, and oh yeah that top line of San Antonio (I guess you can't say @MayerTopKat100 scrub hunts anymore :rolleyes:). I will admit that I am not the biggest fan of their defense, but @JFLuyken in net can bail them out from time to time. The real x-factor of this team is their offensive ability. Remember when I mentioned that forward line with 34 points combined? Yeah they would be @JVR l21l , @OCB Bombay , and @Burning Wolves . It'll be interesting to see if the Barracuda can crack the Top 5 next week, as I see a potential 4 to 5 good match-ups to come in week 2.

BOTTOM 5

27. :team390: Milwaukee Admirals (3-5-1) - 7 pts

Well here's our first team of the Bottom 5. It looked good to start the season. Off to a 3-0-1 start and then it all goes down hill. Finishing the week 0-5-0 will get you here. While there isn't much to say about the Admirals, I do have to mention their goalie @UT75035 who has an 85.5 SV% with a 2.20 GAA. Not too bad. Maybe Milwaukee will get something going against the Eastern Atlantic next week.

28. :team350: Hershey Bears (3-6-0) - 6 pts

A surprising team to see in the Bottom 5. There is a lot of talent on this team. Talent that has made the playoffs multiple seasons. I don't expect this team to be hanging out here for long. @King Ellis101 is doing his usual thing between the pipes, but @a Living Pylon needs to step it up a bit when Ellis leaves the crease. There are some losses that I feel could have gone either way for Hershey this past week. Maybe @Mike Shea 19 can use some of that previous GM knowledge to help out the current GM, @xCROSBYx l87l , and get this team moving in the right direction next week.

29. :team618: Tucson Roadrunners (3-6-0) - 6 pts

Oh what is happening down South? This team as a whole is not doing very much, but the defense is really lacking. It doesn't look like that 5.75m for @DAV1S0N is paying off right now. It's only week 1, but you would expect someone with that price tag to make a bit of a difference. Goalie play so far has not been the greatest either, but in my opinion a goalie is only as good as the defense playing in front of him. And looking in the future, week 2 looks like a very steep uphill battle for this squad.

30. :team617: Springfield Thunderbirds (2-7-0) - 4 pts

This team was projected by most to be one of the better teams in the Eastern Atlantic. And there's nothing to say they won't be. But what a bummer of a week 1. There honestly is nothing at this moment for me to see that can even spark them. Leading scorer has 5 points and the goalies both have GAA above 3.0 with SV%'s under 80.0%. They did have a shutout win over Rochester and a 5-2 win over Wilkes-Barre, so that is something optimistic. Things aren't getting easier next week though boys.

31. :team395: Chicago Wolves (2-7-0) - 4 pts

Hey! Welcome to the being the worst team in the AHL for week 1! I'm going to be honest here. You guys didn't win a game until Tuesday at 9:45. That's Game 7 for anyone who needs a reference. Before that game, it was just plain ugly. Multiple blowout losses. Probably explains the goalie stats :confused:... One positive thing I can mention is @Smitterr and @C4NADA are playing great defensively. Now only if you can go out and make some sort of trade to change things around. Next week is not a friend to Chicago, but things can only go up from here. Get it? Because you're last...:)

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  2. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    excellent write up man

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. Stoner x 95

Stoner x 95 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 43 / -59
    Fourth line stole my friends. #cunt

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    I am still here

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smitterr#0
    Ratings:
    +539 / 37 / -48
    Drake said it best “started from the bottom”

• Like Like x 6
    Smitter24
  6. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 76 / -124
    No publicity is bad publicity??? I guess we will take it.

• Like Like x 1
    notoriousfat00
  7. Moj l53l

Moj l53l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matthewmodzeleski#0
    Ratings:
    +29 / 8 / -9
    BOTTOM 5 Well the Crunch isn’t on the bottom 5 FeelsGoodMan

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    • Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 76 / -124
    • Like Like x 1
    notoriousfat00
  10. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Isn't that your job ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  11. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 76 / -124
    @LG McDonald stealing lines and pushing off jobs to others since 1988.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    notoriousfat00
  12. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Jon l10l