Western Confrence Playoff Outlook

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by meka DVA meka, Jul 27, 2017.

1. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    EDIT- CONFERENCE I KNOW CANT EDIT TITLES
    I havent done one of these in forever so take it as it is. If you like this let me know and I'll attempt to do a east one. Ive also asked @Ryan_x_28 @Gui__20 and @H-spartan-G to grade the teams and provide input on each series.The grades for each section is a combination of all the grades averaged out. None of them saw the written words next to each grade. This isnt a college thesis so if major spelling issues occur just keep reading thanks.

Dallas Stars vs Minnesota Wild
    The most domiante team in the entire NHL this year the stars look to take on a wid team that dropped from the 2 spot to the 8th seed with a 3-5-2 week.

Dallas Outlook:
    The dallas roster has 11 players that are deemed "elite" by lg standards and just one player labled anything below dominant. The dallas roster is composed of possibly the best 1A 1B lines that LG has to offer. People say the dallas defense is suspect but with the quality of forwards it doesnt really matter. @dparans_ @Desyd19 and @x_ReAcTiiOnz_71 headline a decent enough corps of dmen. The goalie situation is fine as well, after a rough start to the season @jonlol top goalie prospect @Matt_4029 has turned it around along with @xBrett97 to headline a nice 1-2 tandem in net. Overall Dallas has one of the best forwards possible and a more then capable defense(inculding goalies) .
    Forward Grade- A+ It doesnt get much better then this Fwd group very few teams match up with them.

Forward to watch @Class_Act_27 - looking to prove that he was undervalued in chicago, and that he should have been GM.

Defensemen Grade- B Plenty of decent talent on the blue line interesting to see how they fair as the playoffs start.

Dman to watch- @I--Chief--I - will he be sweaty raging mess in the playoffs?

Goalies- B+ When matt isnt stoned this is about a good as combination as possible.

Goalie to watch- @Matt_4029 ExF matt? or Early season dallas matt?

Minny Outlook:
    A struggling minny team limps into the playoffs with @Redmile89 out with a broken PS4 and @JCoul-l41l who apparently plays after major surgery. Anyway this team is going to need major ECU help in order to compete with dallas. Breakout of the year canidate @I2I-Way-Hockey will need to keep up his scoring pace if this team is to make a serious run in the playoffs. @ItsAPurpleDragon will need to step up if @Redmile89 is unable to play and slot into his role for this minny team to keep up in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how @Agger23 manipulates his roster during the playoffs.

Forward Grade- B This team has alot of people with button skill (see @DynoMikeV2 , @Shotl72l ) but it will be interesting to see how they play in the playoffs.

Forward to watch- @TrapHouseLegend- has reinvented himself this year after a horrid rookie campign if he keeps playing well he could provide a much needed spark.

Dmen Grade- C-(becauase you may need to ecu two guys) The Dcore is depleted, interesting to see if @JCoul-l41l and @Redmile89 will play. If they dont this series will be over in 4 games as the opposing forwards set up camp in the d zone.

Goalies- B- @Agger23 has had a rough go at this year in the NHL but @Shmucked is one of the most underrated goalies in the game. Shmucked won 32 out of the total 48 wins for Minny.

Goalie to watch- @Agger23 if he comes back into form then it will help out with some of the defense issues.

Personal Outlook- I think Dallas takes this in 5. maybe more if shmucked turns into a wall.
    Spartan- Dallas in 4
    Marc- Dallas in 5 "dallas has too much depth"

Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues
    One of the hottest teams post trade deadline STL takes on a solid well built Avs team. Beefy in his third season as owner has figured out the winning formula for success it seems with back to back playoff berths while STL retooled at the deadline to come into the playoffs.

Avs Outlook- Colorado comes into the playoffs having only lost 6 games in the past two weeks. This team was built in bidding heavy on offense with two stellar goalies to support the team. I believe that the colorado defense has surprised even the most optimistic of Colorado fans. @Rico Suave FLS has been a bright spot and @CoUnTeR-AtTaCk43 has done perfectly fine in his move to defense.

Forward Grade- B Any team that has @l BoneCrusha l @Fool x 90 and @JaY_SnIpEz77_91 has a good offense. @NyIsles3 has had a great year as well except for his obsession with PIMs. The only thing ill say is losing @Mclub326 hurts. The wingers have something to prove to as only 3 players are Dominant or better.

Forward to watch- @XGeneral420X ive never heard of this kid except for the shoutbox where he wants to play goalie, anyway he went 17-6-1 with 59 points and 40 goals.

Dmen Grade- B- -having 3 people at rookie season or worse makes me skeptical but the goalies are so good it may be a non issue.

Goalie Grade- A It doesnt get much better then chuck and smitty as a pairing. After being thrown on TC at the start of the year @xUnknown_31 has come out and posted vezina short list numbers. @o S m i i t t y has done a stellar job as well.

Goalie to watch- @xUnknown_31 is arguably a top 5 goalie right now in the league it will be interesting to see how he preforms in the playoffs.

STL outlook done by (@H-spartan-G )
    St Louis Outlook:
    This may be the hottest team entering the playoffs, a team that was out of the playoff picture by double digits only 2 weeks ago is now sitting in a division spot, in the central. In the closest contended division in the league St Louis did the impossible something even Chicago couldn't do.... This team is lead by members of the The Immortal 6 @Bo-Dangles10, @PenguinsHockey__ and @HJHF14; all three of these guys are going to need to play at an extremely high level to compete with the top line from COL they are sure to face. Owner @meka DVA meka is going to have the line match upper hand as he has the team with more depth in this series, what was once a suicide line for St Louis is now a 3rd line that can compete and possibly steal a game in this series. This team has relied on defense and goaltending to carry them almost all season but with their trade deadline deals they now have the offensive fire power to compete game in and game out.

Foward Grade- B The team doesnt have any LG superstars but with last season Calder trophy winner a second line that can compete in games with first lines due to defense prowess it certainly isn't an offensive core to overlook.
    Forward to watch- @HJHF14 this guy only lost 2 regulation losses this season and the first didn't come until week 5. He also leads all FWDs in takeaways with 114 (teammate @Le-TKeSS is second with 113).

Dmen Grade- B- 3 viable dmen on this roster, hopefully they can hold up in the playoffs, luckily they have forwards who are defensive minded.

Dman to watch- @meka DVA meka this guys scores as much on his own team as anyone ive ever seen. i put over under for own goals at 6 for the series, i'll take the over. hmu for bets(spartan not baris)

Goalie Grade- A This is a top 3 combo in the league, crofto has been a breakout star in LG since last season and Schneider is a former Vezina/Hart winner proving it wasnt a one season fluke.

Goalie to watch- Both, every game vs STL you are facing a brick wall, good luck Colorado.

@H-spartan-G outlook on the series-
    Colorado may be the higher seed but this team is a shell of what it was/couldve been while St Louis is finally playing to their potential (maybe even above it). The forward and defensive edge goes to STL, even though COl has the best player in the series in @l BoneCrusha l. Goalies is a toss up as both teams have 2 studs each. But St Louis' depth is going to win this series for them.
    Marc- STL in 6 "Blues play a more fast paced offense not sure how Avs defense will handle that"

Calgary Flames vs Vancouver Canucks
    First year owner @xxSNIPESHOTxx21 takes on established veteran @BigJayAyotte in a clash of pacific teams. Much like the other wild card team the wild, the Canucks had a 2/3 seeding but then proceeded to lose the last 3 games of the week to become a wild card team. On the flip side Jay missed the presidents trophy by 1 point.

Calgary Outlook- One of the most consistent teams in the west the flames have only lost 3 games or more twice this season on the way to racking up 119 points. The total roster doesnt have as many "elite" seasons as a dallas roster, but the ability of this roster to move up and down lines it what makes it dangerous.

Forward Outlook- B+ A lot of top end talent here such as @SJUSoccer9 @Exxtralg @BigJayAyotte himself and @xW 4 R D and @DomIMJUSTKIDDINGSQUAD100.

Forward to watch- @Exxtralg after shitting all over PSN for 81 points and a 20-6 record will be interesting to see what happens in the playoffs.

Dmen outlook- B- One player on this d line has a dominant season @Dazwyy everyone else has had a medicore year. Itll be interesting to see how they handle the playoffs. A big postive for them is they have alot of two way forwards.

Dman to watch- @Dazwyy after being a rock in the regular season will he have the same impact in the playoffs.

Goalies- A+ this has to be the best combination of goalies in LGPSN, vezina winner(?) @Th3 l AnD 0n1y and ESHL champion @drally20 have been absoulte studs for this team.

Goalie to watch- @Th3 l AnD 0n1y 82.3% under 100 goals allowed in 55 games, 1.76 GAA and 461 saves. Itll be interesting to see his stat line in the playoffs.

Vancouver Outlook- For a owner that took over 15 hours to get his first winning bid in bidding @xxSNIPESHOTxx21 did a well enough job this season. This has to be the most unknown roster compliation since @j_carlos_44 WPG. There are some good names here but some that people arent yet used to seeing.

Forward Outlook- C+ There is some very okay to good talent here at forward, its nice to see @Kadri-- have a nice year after finally not accepting TML GM offer. @OrangeChickn aka Letsgoflyers28 along with @Knight l91l and @PoopinSince95 round out a good top 6. The problem i fear for them is will the breakouts come for them fast enough to have them able to make the moves and cuts they need to make.

Forward to watch- @PoopinSince95 of ECB fame (hail) looks to establish himself in the playoffs as someone people should throw 10.5 million on in RFA.

Dmen Outlook- C- GM freestyle has traded for his french dad @Trio_Bigmac- but besides that this dcore looks subpar. 4 under 1 million contracts are on this dcore and its not because they were bidding steals. It will be interesting to see if snipe will seperate @l FreeStyle 7 l and Trio to provide stability to the dcore.

Dman to watch- Not that many people know about Freestyle but he has plenty of thumb skills and can hold his end he just needs to figure it out for the playoffs

Goalie Outlook- @JTowNE41 and xbox dude @Winston Payne is about the best thing going for this team in its own end. Payne had a hell of a year stat wise but only played 30 games.

Goalie to to watch- @Winston Payne will he get more games or will Van city ride @JTowNE41 ?

Outlook on the series- I think Calgary takes this in 4, i dont see Vancouver scoring on Calgary enough to cause a issue.
    Spartan- CGY in 5
    Marc- Cgy in 5 "A much more talented roster is gonna be no match for the one lined canucks"

SHARKS SHARKS SHARKS vs DUCKS DUCKS QUACK :FIRE EMOJI: USELESS POLSKA POST
    Sharks and the ducks meet for a matchup of two quality pacific teams. Sharks have 107 points and the Ducksonfire.jpeg have 103 points. Both teams have been playing quality hockey as of recently coming into this matchup. The ducks are 7-3 in the last 10 and the Sharks are 6-2-2.

Sharks outlook- HOLY SHIT A SHARKS TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS! Proof that management shake up is needed at times. The sharks have one of the best well balanced teams in the league from top to bottom. Sharks have enough firepower up front combined with a stellar defense and goalie tandem.

Forward Outlook: B+ The top 6 for this lineup is great but the third line....not so much. Washed aging veteran @Tcx7 along with @II-McLovin-lI , GM @Gui__20 help give this team its offensive punch. Itll be interesting to see how they far vs the defense of the ducks.

Forward to Watch- @Gui__20 as much a reason this team was turned around as anyone his strong play in the playoffs could bring them to the second round.

Dmen Outlook- B Prime example of good drafting combined with good bidding is what got this team its defense. @Hardik88
    at 7.5 milion was able to be had because @YaBoiixJP--o was drafted for 2 million and @Maxuter is only 1 million. Nobody here had a "elite" year but they got the job done.

Dman to watch- Will @radicalapex step up and deliver in the playoffs for his team? A very subpar regular season, this is
    not the kind of play one wants to carry into the playoffs.

Goalies Outlook- B @Perkosaurus13 and @Jade_Dragoon_ two goalies both who were striked, personally i hope
    perk goes nuts and skates around if they are up or losing by a bunch. Niether are classified by the community as elite goalies but they both get the job done well enough.

Goalie to watch- @Perkosaurus13 - DUDE SKATE OUT IN A PLAYOFF GAME PLEASE

Ducktales Season 5 Playoff Outlook: After a very rough previous season @Polska_B0SS_780 figured his shit out and happened to get his team back to the playoffs. Not one contract over 7 million after usually going the high dman route is a different look for Polska. This team seems to have its talent more evenly over the roster.

Forward Outlook- B You have some well known talent on this roster like @Ksteiding1 @xXAucoin1Xx and @Bruchboi900 and then the addition of well known xbox player @Shockz in a late trade was a good addition. The only question is whether the depth players will be able to score for the ducks. RA V hero @Carmstrong95 who went 5-1 with 24 points will not be able to come and save them in the playoffs.

Forward to watch- @Semple19 - Having a much improved year after suffering under the 5 million contract given in season 4. If semple gets going he can become a force for the DuCkS.

Dmen outlook- B- @nowelbaby is having himself a hell of a year along with most of this dcore. And what is a write up without refrencing the chatbox hero, the french legend, the man of 2 Cups (stanley and calder) the most deadly player at defense, forward of goalie @matthuot87 . But no joke hes actually having a great year. Anyway this team has a bunch of good dmen who work well together but no big "name" players.

Dman to watch- A guy who suffered throughout last year stuck it out and looks to be a big impact in the postseason, none other then @OGPotsie .

Goalie Outlook- B Shortbus superstar hero @BroadwayCJ97 is a long way removed from begging for bids in the shoutbox and had himself quite a nice year with a 26-17-2 year. @JefeHOOLI had a nice year as well with a 25-10-4 year. If these two pick up there game it could make for one of the better goalie tandems.

Goalie to watch: @BroadwayCJ97 - 14-4 since coming to the ducks if he plays as well as he currently is he could have a nice playoff season.

Personal Outlook- I think this will be the closest series in the west. Both teams have solid enough lineups, but i think the sharks take this in 7 i would not be surprised if the ducks take it tho.
    Spartan- SJS in 7
    Marc- Obviously didnt vote.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Nybarisny
  2. BroadwayCJ97

BroadwayCJ97 The All Time LGFA Saves Leader

Ratings:
    +613 / 54 / -157
    "Shortbus superstar hero"
    Ill take it

BroadwayCJ97
  3. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Winner.

No Streaming Account
  4. J_Carlos_96

J_Carlos_96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 27 / -28
    Who cares about the west?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Jc4491
  5. xCounter43x

xCounter43x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +542 / 134 / -171
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Prochx9

Prochx9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dommy#7793
    Ratings:
    +360 / 29 / -62
    Im top end talent huh, but i guess you're "JUST KIDDING" :thinking:

No Streaming Account
  7. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Great write up

TrooperPetterson
  8. Shmucked

Shmucked Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 3 / -7
    I appreciate the kind words and I will most definitely become a wall for the playoffs. I'm actually glad we can get the heavy lifting out of the way in the first round.

• Like Like x 2
    Shmucked
  9. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    I love Air Canada

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Redmile89