Season 3 Proposed Changes *UPDATED V2*

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL PSN)' started by sam000mx, Jul 7, 2017.

?

Are you a fan of the changes? If no, comment below why.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Some, but not all.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sam000mx

sam000mx LGRL PSN Commissioner

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -3
    I would like everyones opinions for the following changes.

• (1)Firstly, check out the new rule book. Its been completely revised and edited to clarify some of the issues across the past seasons.
      • View the rulebook for the full explanation of the followings.

• (2)ONE RA per roster.
      • RA's have been a continuing issue across the whole season. It is sheer luck if a good RA makes it to your team, you shouldn't be able to win a season based off of luck.
      • With only 1 RA per roster, if a better option comes for a team on FAF, they will have to send down their other RA and will give other teams a opportunity to claim them.
      • Players who signed up in time for bidding and has appropriate salaries per skill level should be the players on a roster.

• (3)Roster Lock Deadline
      • This has arguably been the "line deadline" the past few seasons. I wanted to make a separate roster lock deadline, that will lock your roster for the week on sunday at 9 PM EST. This will force teams to send players down before this time if over the max amount of players, and will give other teams a 20 hour window to claim players that has been sent down before the line deadline the following day at 5 pm est.
      • Players on the roster at this time will be guaranteed to play the week.

• (4)Trade window and waiver wire will be separate.
      • This i noticed this season IR could have been used as a loophole to keep a player on a team w/o having to send them down and simply wait until after the waiver wire passes. I was going to not allow IR during the window closings but that would not be fair for those with legitimate reasons. What i have decided to do will be to separate the trade window and the waiver wire and transfer window a week apart. So this will allow the final trades to go through and players to go on IR, and after that week all excess players will be forced to be sent down and open a opportunity for other teams to claim players.

• (5)Waiving players will have same time frame as trade processing.
      • Waiving players shouldn't be allowed mid-week. After the weekly deadline passes and someone gets waived to be picked up by another team, how can the original team fulfill the players weekly minimum if hes not on the team?
      • This also raises questions if a team was to claim a player, then said team is over the allotted 6 player roster mid-week, whether they can begin using that player before the week is over.
      • Waiving players will match the trade processing time frame, after the games on Thursday and before the Roster Lock deadline.

• (6) Penalties
      • So this season, if a team was to receive a penalty said team is to serve that penalty during the teams next available game. This gives a team a random advantage to a random team for the other teams mistake. So rather than a random team, if a player was to say trash talk during a game, that player will be required to serve a penalty the next available game AGAINST the team he trash talked.
        • If it is management error like late lines, there is not a team for the penalty to be serve against, so it'll go to the teams next available game.
          • UNLESS!!! A team was to complain about another teams late lines or late stats or illegal roster etc. via action center, then the penalty served will be served against the team that submitted a complaint.
        • This will promote filing complaints and will give the league more eyes to following the rules.
        • Teams will be eligible to "hunt" for penalties by submitting complaints against teams violating the rules.
          • EXCESSIVE FAULTY complaints WILL BE frowned upon!! And possibly will give yourself a penalty.
      • This was in effect this season, just poorly followed. The player at fault is to be the player serving the penalty, not their weakest line mate.
        • There is also the management error, no one will be explicitly at fault so the higher ranked manager in the team hierarchy is to take the penalty if more than one manager is in a game.

• (7) Making transactions in "bad faith"
      • Stated exactly in the LG rule book:
        • 5.10 : Making Transactions In "Bad Faith"

Making a transaction in “bad faith” is defined as making any form of transaction (trade, waiver, send-down, etc) with total disregard to the League standards and regulations in place. The League considers itself as a simulation League, therefore any transaction that is deemed abnormal or unrealistic to a simulation League will be revoked or reversed.

Additionally, to protect the integrity and competitiveness of the League, when a Manager or Owner steps down, any transaction made within fourteen days prior to their departure will be under review by the League to ensure those transactions were not made in bad faith.
      • Depending on the situation, certain trades like the dali trade season1 and the fish trade season2 can go into a possible reviewal for the staff team to decide if this rule should be taken into effect.
      • "Traping" can be possibly taken into effect here considering the skill variance amongst RL players is extremely more significant than NHL players and this rule would keep teams from being completely over powered.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    Sam000mx
  2. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    (7) Making transactions in "bad faith"
    • Stated exactly in the LG rule book:
      • 5.10 : Making Transactions In "Bad Faith"

Making a transaction in “bad faith” is defined as making any form of transaction (trade, waiver, send-down, etc) with total disregard to the League standards and regulations in place. The League considers itself as a simulation League, therefore any transaction that is deemed abnormal or unrealistic to a simulation League will be revoked or reversed.

Additionally, to protect the integrity and competitiveness of the League, when a Manager or Owner steps down, any transaction made within fourteen days prior to their departure will be under review by the League to ensure those transactions were not made in bad faith.
    • Depending on the situation, certain trades like the dali trade season1 and the fish trade season2 can go into a possible reviewal for the staff team to decide if this rule should be taken into effect.
    • "Traping" can be possibly taken into effect here considering the skill variance amongst RL players is extremely more significant than NHL players and this rule would keep teams from being completely over powered.

Be honest, was this because I traded Fish? lol

SGDragonSlayer
  3. Criminal Vidal

Criminal Vidal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    i think the RA's on the roster was fine at 2 that is only 1/3 of the roster, so you would have to still have 3 other players that were bidden on the roster. and the whole penalty thing i think should be against the next game due to the fact what happens in the last week of the season and say MS got a penalty against DSB but we were never gonna play them again, so it would be like the penalty never existed. and i think the waiver wire should be across the entire season because its kind of a form of a FA system where when a player gets into it it with his owner and his owner decides to drop him with no intention of playing him again i think he should have the opportunity to be picked up when ever this occurs. and for the trade window i think you should have 2 smallish trade windows because that is what our fifa group does and it works kinda well. say you have a 8 week season the first week no transfers and open it the second week and the third week for the teams with issues to try and resolve them and have it closed for the 4,5, and 6th week and only have it opened for a small window for the 7th week (you could do week 6 instead of 7) and after that window closes i think this is when the rosters should lock where no trading and no RA's and nor waiver wire. the reason i say no RA's is because at this point in the season a couple good RA's can turn a non playoff team into a playoff team. just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    Agreed with RA's, we picked up ded and we nearly made the postseason. And this was a season in which I had both ded and fish, so RA's could turn out to be a top 5 player

SGDragonSlayer
  5. sam000mx

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -3
    As for your penalty reference, if no game exists to play that team again since its the final week, it would just carry over to the next available team by default like management error would.

Sam000mx
  6. sam000mx

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -3
    So there is issues having 2 RA's and issues with only 1 RA. We're working on a alternate solution to this but as for it'll stay at 1 RA as there is less issues. Also creating a deadline as to when RA's can be called up full time.

3+4 will remain the same.

Scratch this. IR time will remain normal with other limitations.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Sam000mx