S27 Post Bidding Predictions: Non playoff teams edition

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Shockz, May 19, 2017.

1. Shockz

Shockz Hidden Potential

Ratings:
    +711 / 12 / -14
    After a lot of interest i decided to do the teams i left out in the original one!

The rest of the teams:

East -

East Metro

5. Washington Capitals :team14:
    In my opinion Smitty and the capitals are right on the outside looking in. They have some decent forward depth with sbdr, hatemaker, keapps and Mathqc. You cant forget about the gm Nemzer who is finally returning to lg since his 4 season break. The defense isn't the best outside of Smitty, Bomber and Mashle. Trading for Vezina finalist Beaupre was a great off season move but spending 1.25 mil in bidding on his backup might've hurt them. I see the Capitals being another good team this season potentially proving me wrong and cracking the top 4.

Players to watch: @NEMZER @BEAUPRE o @Keapps

Forwards: B
    Defense: C+
    Goaltending: B-

6. Carolina Hurricanes :team74:
    For as long as I've known LG Canes have never had good teams, but this season Jeebs is looking to change that. He brings in long time CBJ owner Potsy to help him out. Not taking an agm is a thing i don't advise doing but it might work for him. Getting the Hawaiians, Fiore and Bulldog together should be able to get this team a good amount of wins. They did well using all their cap in bidding picking up Daguy, Handzagod and Slammerama for the blue line. If this team can find some good line matching among the forwards they might be able to fight for a wildcard spot.

Players to watch: @xFiore91x @slammerama @X1xHeArLeYx2X

Forwards: C+

7. Columbus Blue Jackets :team6:
    Coming in owning for the first time is Wags82 with his GM Rammer Hater. He was off to a terrible start trading his two best players from last Season Waz and Sitful for basically nothing. He did manage to get Webby for Waz but blew it and couldn't get him to resign. Putting Globes and Martin together might give them that scoring line they're looking for. Picking up Marky and LilNickal on D for 12.5 mil combined gives them that potential top D pair they need. Grabbing a goalie for 2.75 mil would've been a bad move but they got one of LGs top goalies in Jmoney. If this team wants a shot at playoffs they're gonna have to make a couple big moves to strengthen they're offense and defense.

Players to watch: @Globes @Super Marky @JmOnEy2436

Forwards: C
    Goaltending: B

8. New York Islanders :team27:
    After finally getting rid of BrandonBramanti, long time AHL manager ele905 is taking over the team. Getting veteran player Denham as agm was a good move as he should be able to carry anyone you put with him. Im interested to see how Nuge does on LW without having GB's backpack to hop in like last season on PS4. Party Poopa and Jay should be able to be a solid 1st/2nd line D pair. Outside of Nuge, Wonger and Denham i dont see this team being able to put up a lot of goals. But who knows is this the season the NYI will finally stop being the laughingstock of LG.

Players to watch: @Nuge @Coach Denham @BigJayAyotte

Defense: C-
    Goaltending: C+
    East Atlantic -

5. Boston Bruins :team2:
    Colonel and Tenacious are back in Boston looking to make a better playoff run this time around. Having Sejje,
    Riemersmaa and Tenacious all on LW will automatically give them 3 solid lines. Out of all the teams i had out of the playoffs this team has the best forward depth by far. Spending 6.5 mil on Nybo was kind of a reach but hes a great player and i hope he can live up to that big contract. Having cup winning goalie Binger on a 1 mil contract is a great thing for them, we just gotta see how those chicken legs can hold up through the long summer season. It was tough keeping them out of my top 4 but i can easily see this team going off and cracking the top 3 of this division.

Players to watch: @Tenacious RD @Nybo x 3 @Iconic Lobsters

Forwards: B+
    Defense: B-

6. Ottawa Senators :team20:
    The sens have made the playoffs the last couple seasons, but under new ownership im kind of iffy if they can do it again. Bossy comes in with high scoring former AHL player Lehkonen as his gm. This team has good forward depth but their defense is lacking outside of Keith. Picking up Williams and cup winner Ksw was a good move in bidding as they add two good scoring winners. Getting Willy on a 1 mil contract is huge, especially if they give him a 2/3 season deal. This team will do decent but i don't see them fighting for a playoff spot unless they make some trades to strengthen their defense.

Players to watch: @Lehkonen x 62 @Williams x12x @Keith x l 2 l

Forwards: B
    Goaltending: D+

7. Buffalo Sabres :team18:
    After Savard went AWOL last season, MindHunter has taken the reigns in Buffalo. Getting two RW's and a goalie as your managemnt is a bit weird but we'll see if they can make it work. Having Josh and Tommy Fuckin Wingels on defense should give them a solid 1st/2nd line pairing. Besides SouPerSaiyan and Ranch they dont have too much forward depth. Unless theirs some crazy chemistry hidden on this team i don't know about i don't see them getting into a playoff hunt.

Players to watch: @SouPerSaiyan @Hit the Ranch @DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN

Goaltending: C+

8. Detroit Red Wings :team10:
    Poopie Snoopy has finally made it to the NHL and has taken over the Wings. Getting 3 Solid d men in Neglawt, Sleazy and Jeff is where he decided to spend most of his cap. If the first two actually show up and try is the real question. Out of 15 skaters on this team only 4 of them actually are + players in the NHL. We'll see if Gabella and the 500k army of forwards can actually keep up with other strong teams in this division. This is probably my easiest prediction saying this team will finish last in the Atlantic.

Players to watch: @l1l Gabella l9l @neglawt @sleazyobject6

Forwards: D+

West

West Central -

5. Minnesota Wild :team30:
    Moving north from Colorado Zincy and LoL have taken over the Wild. This team has one of the better D cores of my non playoff teams. Led by GM Backlund, TKO and Mafiaman with Zero Choice in the cage, they should be able to keep the game close when the forwards cant produce. They also have great forward depth with Zincy, LoL, Mole and Saucey. If this team can find a good way to even out there top players they might be able to take a playoff spot from Nashville or Chicago.

Players to watch: @Xx LoL xX 9 @Saucccey @Zero Choice

Forwards: B-

6. Colorado Avalanche :team8:
    New ownership in Colorado with Pier Talent and his gm Rain. Spending most of the cap on their forwards might hurt them. Bass went for his usually 7 mil + contract, but i think even Duky can agree they paid a little too much for him at 7 mil. Having a weak defense besides Chews and Pone will defiantly hurt the Avs. Unless Goldbud can play like Dominik Hasek and roll around in the net making crazy saves i don't see the Avs having a shot in this tough division.

Players to watch: @Bass I19l @Duky @silentsoljacuz4

Goaltending: C

7. Dallas Stars :team9:
    Ever since Devin left this team a mess 2 seasons ago i still don't think they've recovered. But this season Blindfold will try to bring them back to a playoff berth. They did decent in bidding picking up Brewski and Sabba. Although i have no clue who Sabba is gonna play with, he's just gonna whine wherever they put him. All 6 of their D men are minus career NHL players, which is never good when you're in a division with the best forward core in the league. I can see this team potentially passing Colorado but will fall short of the playoffs.

Players to watch: @Gimme a Brewski @o Crazy Legz o @cadillac eldo

Forwards: C-
    Defense: D
    West Pacific -

5. Vancouver Canucks :team17:
    Another team not taking an agm, but this one mightve paid off as it gave them that extra 6 mil for bidding. This team has very good forward depth with Kooky eel, Volcom, Killzone, Johns and Knight. I think paying 5 mil for Sharp is a little too much, with him only having one season in the NHL. They have a lot of unexperienced defensemen and hopefully the Veteran JBT can take a couple under his wing and pull out some wins. It was tough choosing between Vancouver and Arizona but these guys could prove me wrong and get a wildcard spot.

Players to watch: @A Kooky Eel @Johns l17l @JBT

Forwards: B-

6. Los Angeles Kings :team76:
    Long time owner and friend Tanaka is back taking over the Kings. He had a good bidding picking up a great core of forwards. Looking through all the forwards i dont see one that will hold them back, they will easily have 3 solid lines. Besides Murphy and Rex this d core has very little NHL experience and that could be the killer. They have two solid tendys with Tex and Kalculated, those two should be able to keep them in games when the offense isnt clicking. If this team wants a shot at a playoff spot the forwards are gonna have to put up a lot of goals.

Players to watch: @Luffy Qc @Easy Macaroni @im just a squid

Forwards: B+

7. Anaheim Ducks :team31:
    There isn't much to say much about Vaty and the ducks. My boys Hertz and Brayden should have good seasons versing all the bad lines everyone will throw against this team. If they can pair Hertz, Canuck, Bane and Brayden together they should be able to pull out a good amount of wins. If this team doesnt make some huge trades to bring in some more help i see the Ducks finishing last in this tough division.

Players to watch: @Hertz x 18 @Bane Dont Care @x Braydenn

Forwards: C-

Those are my thoughts not yours.

- Shockz

P.S. Is anyone interested in me doing Weekly rankings? Basically would do Top 3 teams and top 3 players at each position that week!

• Like Like x 34
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    shockz_x
  2. Green Salt

Green Salt Hello

Discord:
    Salttt#9024
    Ratings:
    +449 / 24 / -32
    LOL

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Green__Salt
  3. Coach Denham

Coach Denham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,242 / 70 / -91
    Nuge has hopped in my backpack on several occasions and Wadden could carry a polar bear across the arctic so he should have no issues with @ele905. The island S26 Cup champs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    KingDenham
  4. Shockz

Shockz Hidden Potential

Ratings:
    +711 / 12 / -14
    We're in S27..

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    shockz_x
  5. Vague Being

Vague Being Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 2 / -0
    I'd really like to see the weekly analysis, I feel like we are usually short on news/analysis content. It's up to you though, it's a lot of work

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  6. Coach Denham

Coach Denham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,242 / 70 / -91
    Well in that case, we suck.

• Funny x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    KingDenham
  7. Zero Choice

Zero Choice Old washed up goalie

Discord:
    zerochoice#0
    Ratings:
    +383 / 31 / -23
    My backpack is ready!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Zero_Choice
  8. Josh l96l

Josh l96l XB1 LGHL BOG/SC & Insta Legend: Jalbz follow it

Discord:
    JALBZ#5040
    Ratings:
    +326 / 22 / -21
    I concur with the write up. Well done @Shockz

• Like Like x 2
    Josh96_canucks
  9. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I like the write up. Not sure how you missed @King Inseal though. He's honestly a steal at 6.5M.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    bossy_22_
  10. Detect Stealth

Detect Stealth Stealthy

Discord:
    Stealthy#9238
    Ratings:
    +381 / 35 / -25
    Damn, still no love :(

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    DetectStealth
  11. CT 66

CT 66 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    CT 66#7291
    Ratings:
    +353 / 45 / -39
    How could you possible forget about the legend that is King Inseal

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Pretty easy man. He is an inbred cock bag who quits on teams if he doesn't get what he wants.

• Like x 10
    • Funny x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    poopie was literally the owner of philly last season..granted Gabella is a solid upgrade from Leprechaun.. went from fetus to luke gallows

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    @Shockz

About time someone else got involved with these things. Slide into my DM's and we can work on a weekly presentation for the league

• Like Like x 6
    SmittyTV
  15. SchIemko

SchIemko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Schlemko#9586
    Ratings:
    +305 / 48 / -76
    @Shockz i am wondering why the grades you awarded for a lot of thoses bottom rank teams are better than the top ones? Like if you compare your first post to this one Who is supposed to include worst grade for the teams you ranked at the bottom

Lllmcclainlll
  16. TKOxHelocentric

TKOxHelocentric Elite Pylon

Ratings:
    +107 / 1 / -3
    Thx for the shout out good write up keep em coming

iizowenzii
  17. DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN

DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 5 / -7
    My gf dumped me so I should become elite at Chel again without tat distraction

• Winner Winner x 2
    DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN
  18. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    implying you were once elite?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1