Media "8 Then Skate" with Duckducknyquist

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by MrMalice25, Mar 22, 2017.

1. MrMalice25

MrMalice25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +603 / 90 / -106
    Ahh the LHAHL.

Some people say its a stepping stone to the LGHL.
    Some people say its actually tougher and more fun than LGHL because of less politics.
    And some people say its where talent goes to die.
    Whatever view of the LGAHL you hold, it is certainly filled with plenty of interesting and entertaining people.
    I was able to sit down with one of those people in San Diego Gulls D Man @Duckducknyquist and have him answer some of my questions in this segment of 8 Then Skate.
    San Diego of course loosely translates to a whale's vagina.

Without further ado,
    Sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Gamertag- Duckducknyquist
    Age - 23
    Location - Windsor, Ontario
    Current AHL Team- San Diego Gulls :team518:

Favorite NHL Team- The shitty Detroit Red Wings :team10:

1) Malice- As always, tell us your personal story about how you found out about LG? :thinking:

Duckduck- I found LG through reddit when Grizz was advertising LGUHL and I thought I'd give it a shot, once I realized I was too much of a shitter for that league, i started examining the rest of the site and found the amazing LGCHL and the rest is history.

2) Malice- What, if anything, are you most excited about in regards to this current season? :thinking:

Duckduck- Probably playing in the AHL playoffs, this is only my third season of LG and basically everyone makes playoffs in the CHL but last season I had to sit back and watch for a month while playoffs went on which sucked. I think we have a really solid team and could be playing for a while.

3) Malice- What other video games (If any) do you enjoy playing besides hockey? :thinking:

Duckduck- Honestly I will play any video game out there if I had the money, unfortunately I'm broke as fuck so I resort to alot of NHL. I've played through the assassins creed games too and I actually just started the indie game Inside, one of the best games I've ever played. I'm hoping one day to get a job at IGN where the gaming industry is my every-day life. That's the dream man. Well besides a threesome, that's the real dream!

4) Malice- What (If any) have been the highlight moments of your LG experience? :thinking:

Duckduck- I would have to say my week in the CHL where I was on a line with @Bonillax18 and @WillPay4Thumbs . I think we won our 3 games like 7-1, 9-2 and 18-0 or some shit. Unfortunately, lots of shit happened and boni and deke got called up so I only played one week with them. I wish we could have spent the season together, we would have had a ton of fun......

5) Malice- Explain your reasoning for switching from forward to defense this season and how the transition has been for you? :thinking:

Duckduck- I love playing forward but last season I just didn't really have a fun season. I debated on coming back at all but figured I'd try a switch to defense and see how that goes. It's been a ton of fun but my biggest issue is I was always a forward in eashl until this season so sometimes I will pinch or join the rush. My daddy vatty always likes to remind me that if I pinch the handy's will stop. F*cking rude.

6) Malice- We are about the halfway point of season 26, how about giving us 1 pick from the Western and Eastern Conferences that you really feel have a chance to make a serious run at the Calder Cup? :thinking:

Duckduck- I do think the gulls have a good chance of coming out but I would have to say the western goes through Chicago. They have easily the best player in the AHL in @PureFiishin and they are loaded with other forward talent as well like @Pirx , @o Gentry and @Antonucci x 15 . Not to mention that they completely just traped GR and added dan hutton's entire line and motown who, from what i've heard, is one of the top defenseman in the AHL. I don't know much about the east but I'd have to go with WBS. After personally experience buttrape when I played against them, I can see how good they are when they are on their game. @Hilly is a beast.

West- San Diego Gulls :team518:/Chicago Wolves :team395:

East- Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins :team301:

7) Malice- As a past member and alumni of the St Johns Sea Dogs, what are your thoughts on multi season Owner Dragonborn quitting this season? o_O

Duckduck- I don't know what happened with drags, Ive heard he quit because of personal shit but also that he quit because he didn't get his way and was fed up. Only dragon really knows why he quit. I completely respect people quitting for personal reasons, as someone whos going through hell right now in the real world, I was so close to quitting but Vatty kind of talked me down. LG is a great place to kind of just forget about all the shit we deal with every day and have fun, its a great escape. As for drags, hes a really good guy and a good manager when it comes to knowing talent. He just deals with alot of drama in the CHL and lets his emotions get the best of him. I really hope he comes back and plays as just a player because he's solid and definitely makes the league more entertaining. Even as an agm where he helps scout, he should just not be the full on owner imo.

8) Malice- And my closing question, rumor has it you got pissed off last year during an LG and broke your TV over it, care to comment?:eek:

Duckduck- Haha yeah this is the rumor and I wish I could say it was true, I will admit I've broken a few controllers in my days because of this fucking game but it has always been while playing HUT, I've never even gotten mad during EASHL or during an LG game because it's fun regardless of how I'm playing. Like I said before, I'm broke as fuck and I would be so pissed at myself if I had to buy a new TV because I got pissed at NHL. Truth is, the light in the TV just went out and I couldn't find one to replace it and I don't even know how this rumor started.....

Honorable Mentions/Shoutouts-

@Dino l24l - I'd like to thank you for being a studly muffin, imma pick you up in the C next year buddy.
    @SAND MAN257 - I'm his daddy.
    @IlFox - My twin.
    GO GULLS :team518:, GO SEAPUPS :team455:

Of course I as always would like to thank @Duckducknyquist for taking his time to be a part of this segment.
    Feel free to show the thread some love or hate.
    And we'll see you on the ice.

LG is Love, LG is Life.

-MrMalice25

P.S.- Anyone interested please feel free to inbox me on LG.

Other Interviews;

jayblob - http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/8-questions-with-jayblob.250919/

Pier Talent - http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/8-then-skate-with-pier-talent.253083/

NotoriousFAT 00 - http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/8-then-skate-with-notoriousfat-00.253263/

bMaJuH - http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/8-then-skate-with-bmajuh.253070/

SirMikeKnight- http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/8-then-skate-with-sirmikeknight.253271/

Saucerman x3- http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/8-then-skate-with-saucerman-x3.253591/#post-1595871

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    mrmalice25
  2. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,457 / 325 / -613
    • Useful Useful x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  3. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,503 / 57 / -72
    Good effort, sadly missed the mark. Not 1 mention of me in this entire article. Very disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    wags82
  4. Duckducknyquist

Duckducknyquist Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 13 / -9
    Fuck I should have said my favorite moment was being a bash bro

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. V 4 T T Y

V 4 T T Y ECHL Commissioner - Manager S20 - S45

Discord:
    v_4_t_t_y#0
    Ratings:
    +796 / 69 / -139
    <3 ducky

• Like Like x 2
    Glorygaming94
  6. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,753 / 76 / -125
    • Like Like x 1
    notoriousfat00