Message to all

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Hopestrom, Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopestrom

Hopestrom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 14 / -149
    To all,

If you're like me, you have been playing NHL on consoles since you were a kid. For me it started with Blades of Steel. I also grew up playing the game on ice and watching it on TV.

I no longer play on ice bc of the injuries I've had- my body just can't handle it. I still very much love the game, so to have a place like LG to exhaust some of that competitive desire for the game is truly amazing. Just think about the evolution of virtual hockey and how fortunate we are to play this game with some of the best players from around the world. It's crazy.

To my knowledge I am not aware of any better place to play this game in an organized league online.

Here's my problem..

There are too many trolls and bullies (hiding behind gamertags) ruining the experience for others and ignorant to the damage they are doing some. Plain and simple.

I think many ppl can relate to what I've just said. Actually, I know this bc I hear it too often. I know ppl who don't play anymore bc others ruined the fun. I know ppl who get pretty beat up inside by the things that are said to them here.
    I want to enlighten those of you who take the trolling and trash talk too far:

You seriously do not know who you are hurting when you throw your pointless negativity out there every single day. I have slowly become aware that there are members of our community who struggle daily with depression and LG has become a big part of their lives and they try to look at this as a positive escape from the harsh realities of life offline. You have no idea the struggles they battle and how your behaviour has an effect with them.

Nobody signed up for that.

It blows my mind that someone would share their feelings and the response that they get from ppl is rating their post 'bad spelling' or calling them a pussy.

Seriously grow the fuck up.

*Note. I'm referencing 212's post right now- HOWEVER I am not suggesting he struggles with depression. I do not know him. The communities response to his post is what finally motivated me to write this.

If you disagree with something someone says and want to respond, then have some meaningful substance behind it. Name calling and saying something irrelevant is just weak. There is a line between friendly chirping/trolling and being an ignorant asshole. Figure it out.

I remember when a member of our community passed away (how- idk) but the community came together nicely that day- sharing many positive messages. I remember one person specifically posting how he was stepping outside of his usual 'heel' personna and said some nice words. This same guy a year later responds to 212's message simply calling him a fat pussy (what a great take away from all of that). Come on. This is hockey, heels are in fake wrestling but regardless it is no excuse for being a stupid idiot.

This behaviour needs to stop. For those who think it's acceptable to troll and bully others please ask yourself if you would be fine if your actions were to be a contributing factor when or if someone hurts themselves. It's not tolerated anywhere else, so why is it here?

Please go ahead and tell me to get good and call me a troll or flag me for bad spelling even. If that's your take away from my messages than than you are only proving my point and leaving your name on a list for all to see where the problem is.

It's simple guys, be conscious of what your doing. Be nice. If you having nothing positive to say, but are compelled to share your thoughts or opinions, please be mature about it and have some tolerance for those who are different than you.

A place like LG where we can come and play this game deserves so much better from its community. The guys who make this possible (tris, brodie, etc) deserve so much better. The bogs who offer up their time deserve so much better. Start representing this league with class bc it's a joke right now.

• Winner x 28
    • Like x 22
    • Old x 2
    • Bad Spelling x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    This is a very informative post and I thank you for that. I want to give my take on this.

Theres going to be a bunch of trolls and idiots on here who will judge but dont know what some people go through so I am going to share my story on this. The only person who knows this is @xXxLeGeNd716xXx. . he is the closest real life friend and my closest lg friend is @l HowieDoo l & he doesnt know.

I started out in hockey when I was 18. I got into roller first time since I was 7 when I played ice. I was really excited to start playing and with sports you know injuries hit as well. I got my first concussion and I never treated it correctly. Long story short I have permanent memory problems and 14 concussions to the point where I was one more from death (I still play youll understand in a minute.)

I developed IBS too which is awful if any of you have it. I got inna deep hole financially and with concussions linguring its not good. I was 19 when I first overdosed and to this day I overdosed over 15 times. I cant even count how many milligrams I consumed in 7 years.

I decided to open up to some people about it and they decided to twist worda when I was in detroit for hockey and got IBS. People said I tried killing myself again I even had some people telliny me I should have ended it. After that I decided enough was enough.

3 years ago, I decided to take every pill I could find in thw pharmecy department and some otjer prescribed pills to other and consumed up to 10k in one sitting with alcohol. I laid on my bed cold and tired. Closed my eyes woke up in a hospital. I almost died because of words.

Whats the difference between saying it over a phone, an xbox mic, even a internet forum.

I still suffer from severe depression and until you have gone through it you cant say "yeah I know what you feel"

Ill say this final thing. If any of you feel like you want to talk , @Hopestrom and I talked about a seperate groupme to help some out. Private message me whatever you want or if you want to join it or even on groupme.

Im telling you guys its not a joke and to live with this everyday wakw up and play with some friends on here just to be belittled or attacked because of bad spelling? Because of a disagreement? You dont realize what its doing .

None of you could tell I suffered from depression because its easily hid. Dont be that guy/girl. Be a decent person.

Again pm me if you want to join the groupme or anything. Attack me all you want for being soft or anything. What I dealt with from people and real life people attacked me for the smallest things what you say cant phase me but none of you dont know how close some could to be taking their life.

• Winner x 14
    • Like x 10
    • Bad Spelling x 3
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    mattyhandz
  3. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360

This is the equivalent of running to your mom or principal and having them talk to the bully's parents instead of dealing with it yourself. You helped no one and if there is an issue, only made it worse.

Nobody should be using LG or video games or anything really as an 'escape from life offline.' 100% unhealthy behavior and can't believe you even used the phrase life offline.

Thanks for the read Doctor Phillip. I'm sure politely asking everyone to stop will work perfectly.

I have a better idea, just mute the person. You can do it in party chat, game chat, chive chat, XBL messaging, LG chat box, be a bitch like frank and report them to Microsoft. Try that first before telling people what to do.

• Dislike Dislike x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Hopestrom

Ratings:
    +324 / 14 / -149
    I disagree.

• Like Like x 5
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    • Informative Informative x 1
    jackbauertuna_
  6. Green Salt

Green Salt Hello

Discord:
    Salttt#9024
    Ratings:
    +449 / 24 / -32
    I can relate to your post @Hopestrom. You just need to realize why some guys say such distasteful things. It's because they have their own issues or grievances and decide to take it out on strangers on the internet. Ignore them.

• Like Like x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Green__Salt
  7. xTheFranchize

xTheFranchize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xTheFranchize#3173
    Ratings:
    +70 / 6 / -5
    Green Salt is spot on.

And if you're ever feeling depressed on here, just remember you could be the goalie for the Islanders. That's true depression.

• Like x 11
    • Funny x 7
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    xTheFranchize
  8. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +4,999 / 139 / -217
    It's the internet, don't ever ask people to change. Take the good, and ignore the bad.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Lokix6x
  9. txB0BBYxt

txB0BBYxt briere’s belt

Ratings:
    +241 / 53 / -105
    we would have made you sell your xbox back in the day. go take that feelings shit somewhere else

• Dislike x 5
    • Troll x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Get Good x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. LethaLMyke23

LethaLMyke23 Why so serious?

Ratings:
    +197 / 10 / -9
    Anyone can achieve their fullest potential. Who we are might be predetermined, but the paths we follow is always of our own choosing.

We should never allow our fears or the expectations of other to set the frontiers of our destiny.

Your destiny can't be changed, but it can be challenged. Everyman is born as many men, and dies as a single one

• Like Like x 1
    LethaLMyke23
  11. Hopestrom

Ratings:
    +324 / 14 / -149
    Well I did. It's a problem. I'm standing up for people.

Saying it's the Internet doesn't excuse anything. These are public forums. And considering your involvement with LG I'd expect better from you. I'm just gonna venture to say that if tris wanted to grow this website and it's leagues to which would include getting some corporate partnerships etc. Do you think anyone would actually endorse the trash being said on here?

• Like Like x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Hopestrom

Ratings:
    +324 / 14 / -149
    If anything- you should take yourself elsewhere.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +4,999 / 139 / -217

Sorry for invading your "safe space". I'll leave you to it.

• Like x 9
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    Lokix6x
  14. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    This is how LG really feels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tino45
  15. LafreNYR x13

LafreNYR x13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -6
    So nhl.com put out an article, a month or two, about referee Kerry Frazier. Part of it was about Theo Fleury. Fleury dealt with drugs, alcohol, and depression and he got chirped about during a game by an opposing player in a game Frazier was working. Fleury told Frazier about it and he told that players coach. He got reemed out and Frazier just wanted him to apologize and squash that shit. The situation was handled and no-one was the wiser. Nobody went to the press and said anything for years. What I'm saying is quit making public forums about this bullshit and you won't get chirped about it. You sitting here asking for it, how stupid can some of yous be? I rarely post anything and stupidity has just made me write a lengthy ass post, I'm disgusted by this.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    If you've spoken with 212 or people that have spoken to him you would understand the reaction to that wall of words a lot more. And internet bullying, on forums, makes me laugh lol just walk away from the screen and close your eyes shout out Tyler the Creator.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    Viktomize94
  17. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    So if you guys said something to someone and they killed themselves, you'd say "oh its the internet who cares" and continue on doing it to someone else? Its not about ignoring its about being a decent human being and stop taking stuff farther than it should.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    mattyhandz
  18. Hainers

Hainers Thad Castle

Ratings:
    +344 / 25 / -16
    Can we talk about the real problem and culprit of all of our depression? These fucking EA servers!!!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    xOshie74x
  19. mashle93

mashle93 Canadas Finest Export. Platinum

Discord:
    Mashle9393#3115
    Ratings:
    +304 / 7 / -10
    Please refer to my comment made in the thread entitled "My Final Words..."

Seriously the same thread.

• Like Like x 1
    mashle93
  20. bMaJuH

bMaJuH Free Agent

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 47 / -79
    I personally want to say something because its something that has been bothering me a lot lately, and for those of you that don't care for the "feelings stuff" (Im not even saying anything too personal) then feel free to save the time and move on to the next post to go about with your day. I first joined LG in S18. I may have been playing NHL for a month and had pretty much no clue what I was doing whatsoever... after my first season I became management in the CHL and had started to venture into the shout box and forums more. Some of the things said in there blew my mind. There were so many hateful comments that were pretty much personal attacks. Not the "You suck GG" but the things that hit a person's actual life. Not a video game. I even saw a parody twitter account made just to make fun of a league member that had recently passed away at the time (this is when I realized how bad it really was). Over the seasons Ive seen it grow worse and worse. Ive seen new guys come and and not want to come back due to some of the stupid verbal abuse they'd endure. And can you blame them? I don't. There have been times where I even haven't wanted to be apart of things just because of these reasons.

Also thanks to the ones that dont say these bad things.. i dont feel like they shouldn't be be brought up. Those are the people that deserve recognition and sadly the trolls and negativity take away from that and the overall fun experience. Tris, Brodie, Staff, etc all dedicate their time for the best virtual hockey experience possible... and things like this taint it. They deserve better as well as the community as a whole. No one deserves to be treated in such poor manner like we see, regardless of the circumstances or platform.

To wrap this all up, I'm not a person that likes too get wrapped up into what people say or think about me, but in the end I feel like none of us want to be knocked down on any level either. Sure its the internet, but do you guys know how much the internet is used nowadays? It is basically apart of our lives in this day in age. Just because someone doesnt know who you are means you can say whatever you want without an effect on the person youre saying it too? Thats not how it works. Internet or real life. My post won't magically change the mentality around here. I want to be realistic so I get that, but I have to be positive and post this in hopes that this post can make a difference. Make people think about what they're saying and how it actually can effect a person. Even if you think its all trolls, jokes, or just internet banter, some may not see it as that. If there isnt anything good to say dont say it at all (i know its a cliche saying but some people still dont understand it). Anyways, that to whoever took the time to read, this... and hopefully it can help make a difference to make LG better. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.