Contract Studs and Duds (East)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Duggan, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Duggan

Duggan "Are you not Entertained"

Ratings:
    +732 / 113 / -92
    Rather then have @Mr Torts do this part of the team analysis, id thought i would help him out and do it for him. If you are upset in any way you can send your hate to @ll GALLY ll as he is San Jose's team rep. Im aware that bidding was aids but torts and myself thought we would do it none the less. Keep in mind i focused on bidding rather then players that were resigned or drafted.

Metro

:team74: Carolina Hurricanes :team74:

Stud: @TheCoach96 (750k), @Yantzer x 84 (1.25M)

Getting coach resigned was a great move by carolina but an obvious one. Yantzer is a solid goalie who was a big part of calgary's success last season, he will have to steal alot games for carolina if they are to make the playoffs.

Dud: @HANDZAGOD (6 something), @SouPerSaiyan (6 something)

Handzagod continued to get paid this season although his stats in recent years dont warrant it. I dont feel he makes a big enough difference as their number one ld. On the other hand soup is just the product of a shitty bidding session but it doesnt excuse Carolina for spending over 6m on someone who's contract was only 2.75m last season. Mistakes were made.

:team6: Columbus Blue Jackets :team6:

Stud: The 500k army, @Mindhunter114 (1.25m i believe)

When bidding is bad teams are forced to take chances with 500k players, which is exactly what columbus did. Hopefully they have some gems amongst the plethora of cheap contracts but only time will tell. I really like them getting mindhunter in net as from personal experience when playing with him post patch, he seems to be one of the handful of goalies who has adjusted well.

Dud: @Awe 2 (9 something) @Hellcatxx :thinking:

Once again awe was severely affected by the poor depth in bidding but is still overpaid considering he has been away from lg since S23. Hellcat continues to be one of the wonders of the world, the guy must be quite the negotiator because he always seems to be one of the most overpaid players the last few seasons, maybe this is when he proves his worth :D.

:team7: New Jersey Devils :team7:

Stud: @Walls0fJ3richo (2.25M) @StamToast (1.25M)

Frank deserves to be listed here and not because i want to remain off his list ;). Stamtoast could be one of the huge steals of bidding, but its all dependent on how is avail is and whether or not he can adjust to goalie post patch.

Duds: @jeff0012 (5M)

The only reason i have jeff as a dud is due to his unreliability when it comes to making games but if jay can get him to show or jeff's avail improves then jeff is easily a steal.

:team27: New York Islanders :team27:

Stud: @Attree x I33I (1M) @Suter x 20 (9.25M)

Attree has been away from lg for a few seasons but is on one of those low risk - high reward contracts so i dont see an issue with his contract whatsoever. Although paying over 9M for someone would be considered overpaying, suter is one of the few high contracts people saw coming and deservedly so.
    Jay Rulez Summer Cups breeds studs

Dud: @x JLoVe l08l (9.25M)

Now this isnt necessarily a bad contract for a very skilled winger in a depleted bidding pool, but if im not mistaken suters bid was completed well in advance so deciding to put 9M again on someone else did nothing but put the islanders in a very tough spot when it came to completing the rest of their roster.

:team12: New York Rangers :team12:

Stud: @LetsGoFlyers28 (2.75M) @PitcheRxSwaGx (1M)

The rangers may have taken a chance on a skilled psn player coming to xbox which has shown to be a hit or miss, but seeing as how they only paid 2.75M its a risk worth taking. Getting pitcherswag for 1M was a great deal as he played a key role in Calgary's S24 team winning the stanley cup.

Dud: @xW 4 R D (10.75M)

The only man to go over 10M if im not mistaken, ward has a ton of talent but seeing as how there were cheaper options out there this deal is a head scratcher but better he go to the rangers then the devils i guess.

:team4: Philadelphia Flyers :team4: (o_Oo_Oo_O Two managers a goalies)

Stud: @il REX li (2M)

Probably the lone bright spot coming out of bidding for philly, rex is an underrated player who has some skill and could potentially make the jump to a difference maker for philly.

Dud: @ChrisBeezer (6M) @Perplex Deific (5.75M)

I am not to familar with these players which is why i put them here. All i know is there are more known as ahl players but they could surprise everyone. Its still alot of money for two unproven players.

This team has fallen far since the old phunadelphia days @xRICKOSHAY

:team78:Pittsburgh Penguins :team78:

Studs: @xxIArmy0f0neIxx (1.75M) @MURPH 416 (2.25M)

Army was a member of my sharks last season and was a big contributor, i dont see him stopping his great play as he could potentially play with @SamDelisle9 or @x LegendaryKev. Murph is one of those guys where if he can play a whole season he will make a huge difference on the blue line for pitt.

Duds: N/A, @brandovedo did a nice job of paying solid prices for players when bidding was a mess, he owes it all to his famous spreadsheet of course.

:team14: Washington Capitals :team14:

Studs: @Kingofny1983 (500K) @Supple Carrots (3.75M)

Kingofny is a solid backup goalie with the potential to push for the starting job, he did great for us last season on the sharks. Getting the notorious gamertag changer himself for only 3.75 when almost every other dman was overpaid must of been a pleasant surprise for Washington. Lets just hope mr supple carrots doesnt blow all his money on changing gamertags 100 times before the season starts.

Duds: @o Crazy Legz o (5.5M) @The Broche (5.75M)

Crazy legs is another player who hit the jackpot with bidding, the kid was making pennies last season but not anymore. This is a terrbile contract that i believe was the result of Wsh having to much money left over and was forced to keep going on mr legs. The broche is another one of those ahl guys looking to make a name for himself in the show, he could surprise some people.

Atlantic

:team2: Boston Bruins :team2:

Boston is one of those teams that didnt really make any big splashes, so only time will tell how @Colonel20 actually did.

:team18: Buffalo Sabres :team18:

Stud: @RandomMeat (1.25M) @Dumba x 55 (5.25M)

Buffalo is another team that didnt make any huge splashes that i see paying off. Randommeat will be a solid depth fwd for Buffalo. Dumba could be a solid pickup as long as he produces the way his contracts says he can. They also got two 500k goalies which could pay off but i see buffalo scoring alot of goals but also giving up alot as well due to them being a two dman team with @Chabot 5 and @officialmark07 .

Dud: @Chabot 5 (6M) @l sMb l (4M)

I feel this was just a situation where @Savvy x91 was reluctant to spend on the big names early on and was kind of forced to spend his cap on the remaining players. Selke is a solid player but again time will tell if the contract was right. With regards to smb this was quite a pretty penny to pay for an ahl fwd who went for 750k last season, i dont see this move paying off at all.

:team10: Detroit Red Wings :team10:

Stud: @DannyreTartabul (2M) @l Rebel 2 l (500k)

Danny was a solid pickup as his salary was a monstrous 5M last season, hopefully he can bring some more of that grinders united grease to the motor city. Rebel2clutch was another solid pickup, he will look to be a solid depth player. All @Mr Torts ever talks about is being a rebel2clutch player of the week so thank you for that.

:team23: Florida Panthers :team23:

Stud: @shuhead (1.75M) @JmOnEy2436 (2.5M)

Florida did a nice job balancing out their team from top to bottom. Shuhead was a great pickup for a depth dman while jmoney for 2.5 makes him the highest pad goalie i believe, but will his youtube stardom take over forcing him to retire because he's making millions.

Duds: @Po1andsFinest (7M)

This isnt really a dud because poland is a freak, its just a matter of what his avail is. Between pro series and ps4 lg, the kid has little time to spare for the so-called dead console.

:team5: Montreal Canadians :team5:

Stud: @GregxWhite (750k) @JJr (2.25M)

montreal is another team who didnt really spend big of one player. Getting a solid keeper in greg white for 750k was solid pickup and jjr has the potential to help montreal in a big way, its just a matter of whether his hate and distain for the xbox console will consume his soul.

Dud: @SurpriseMe22 (4.75M) @Rocky9169 (5M)

I am not familar with surpriseme, all i can say is that his last nhl contract was 1.5M so its quite the jump but maybe it pays off, on the other hand rocky is another one of those average dman that fell victim to the lack of depth at the dman position.

:team20: Ottawa Senators :team20:

Stud: @bennyfact (500k)

Benny is a solid depth forward who will look to give ottawa the extra push needed to get past the eastern conference.

Dud: @Saucccey (5M)

Sauccey is not a bad dman at all, its a matter of whether he will finish the season. If he does i see this contract being fine.

:team21: Tampa Bay Lightning :team21:

Stud: @lX WAGNER lX (500k)

Wagner is someone who consistently produces in the ahl, if hes able to do so in the nhl this could be a huge pickup.

Dud: @Keith x l 2 l (5.75M) @Cam19 (6M)

Keith is getting paid top line money so hed better be able to shutdown opposing top lines if tampa has any hope of making the playoffs. Camshows is only on the list due to the fact his rights could of been acquired and resigned for much cheaper.

:team1: Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:

Stud: @iTransitions (1.25M)

This is a solid depth pickup by the leafs.

Dud: @Duky (6.5M)

Its not his fault teams keep paying him the big bucks. He had alot of help last season on @Draisaitl 29 St louis blues team but on toronto it looks like he may have to do alot on his own. This is a team i wanna see succeed since @PSYCHIC TACO 24 is one of the good guys.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 41
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Duggan94
  2. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    great job, good read. thanks for taking the time

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  3. MattTheCoolCat

MattTheCoolCat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,851 / 3 / -12
    Detroit contract dud: Bitetto02 500k

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    MattTheCoolCat
  4. Duggan

Duggan "Are you not Entertained"

Ratings:
    +732 / 113 / -92
    lol, too obvious

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Duggan94
  5. Gulash l4l

Gulash l4l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gulash#0239
    Ratings:
    +560 / 80 / -95
    Nice write up!

No Streaming Account
  6. sauce47

sauce47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +512 / 57 / -92
    This might be more stupid than the thread that Torts guy made earlier.

• Dumb Dumb x 19
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Rocky9169

Rocky9169 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    i knew this was coming only reason was the 5 mil conty

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    @JJr 2.25m = dud.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Its_cakes
  9. stev

stev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -9
    Nice to see my boy Army get some recognition. Him and I have been on some bad teams so it was nice to see him get traded to the Sharks last year and made a run for the cup.

Great write up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Bake703

Bake703 Shake it before you Bake it

Ratings:
    +1,136 / 188 / -101
    Great write up man! Thanks for taking time to do this.

We had the cap and knew ward was a number one. Glad to have him here

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    BAKE703
  11. Don Miguel 33

Don Miguel 33 NHL Series is Bad

Ratings:
    +132 / 15 / -14
    Can't wait till I'm on the West version of this!

#Dud

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. IM HEARTLESS323

IM HEARTLESS323 IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    #UnknownFlyersSurprise

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    im_heartless323
  13. Fewch_

Fewch_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 17 / -22
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. MiDi l97l

MiDi l97l Take it easy dude, but take it

Discord:
    MiDi#7306
    Ratings:
    +897 / 67 / -33
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. l Dings l

l Dings l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,050 / 68 / -126
    Boston will surprise some people to be honest. Goodluck this season boys!

No Streaming Account
  16. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    Dud here. In my defense I kept taking resigns haha but good write up

No Streaming Account