Torts Preseason Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Mr Torts, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Mr Torts

Mr Torts 3-time

Ratings:
    +380 / 29 / -11
    Well, I am back to give this another crack. Once again, these are just my thoughts, if you disagree or don't like where I put your team, prove me wrong.

Here are my rankings before S25: http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/torts-preseason-power-rankings.242591/

Overall I think I did reasonably well, though I greatly underestimated STL and OTT, so props to them for putting good squads together.

Here we go:

Bolded=predicted playoff teams

Metropolitan

1. New Jersey Devils - A new owner and AGM arrive in New Jersey to continue a very strong team. This team has high end talent and depth on offense, bolstered by landing Frank in bidding for a measly 2.25 M (assuming his xbox isn't "broke"). The defense is in pretty good shape, picking up Lundy for 6.0 M, a solid price in this bidding. They also continue to resign Hooter, who may be on that contract until he retires. Right now, the definite favorite in this division and the East.

2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Brando returns as the owner of PIT after a trip to the Stanely Cup Finals (his second straight). I think he has put together another solid squad despite losing several key players to management of other teams. Making delisle his GM and bringing in Kev will help the offense and there are a few good players coming in on decent prices (Tom & Army to name a few). The defense may be a little shaky after losing shoco, christastik, hemlig, and luffy, but brando always seems to find a way. The biggest threat to NJD in this division imo.

3. Carolina Hurricanes - The Metro is probably the weakest division in the league and I think it starts to fall off a little here. That being said I think CAR has a good management group and did a reasonable job in bidding building up some depth. This team is definitely strong in net with two solids goalies in Yantzer and Zero Choice, these two should help CAR win some close games and just squeak out third place and a playoff spot.

4. Washington Capitals - Washington brings in a new management group of Smitty and Luffy, both playing defense, which should help stabilize the back end. bbx90 is on a great contract, improving the depth on D. I like what they have in net, Joe and King should be a fairly stable duo. The offense looks a bit shaky, they will count on cooker, broche, and crazylegz to do a lot of work. This team may push for the third playoff spot.

5. New York Rangers - NYR was a bit better than I expected last season, breaking 100 points and making the playoffs. This season, the team turns over to a new group, led by Bake. Blick is very solid up front, he and jackdoop could form a solid top line. Behind them, I don't see a lot of offensive depth, and the defense is sketchy. Ward is a great player but 10.75 M is just far too much. This team may rely heavily on Pitcherswag, who was a great pickup at 1.0 M.

6. Columbus Blue Jackets - Despite lacking a GM, I think Potsy has put a decent squad together here. They have some offensive depth up front and on the backend. Martin and Gunwoat are on good deals, as is bcbud on defense. Spending over 16 M on Awe and Hellcat is a bit questionable though. Jabrony and mindhunter will need to be playing well to keep CBJ in some games.

7. New York Islanders - Bramanti comes back for another season after a rough go last season. The team looks a bit better out of bidding this season, namely the defense and goaltending. I expect their goals against to drop (was 310 last season) which should give them a bump in the standings. The offense still does not look good, jlove at 9.25 is a huge reach and they do not have much depth at C.

8. Philadelphia Flyers - Philly struggled under the management of THopz last season and I don't think it is going to be much better this season. The defense looks very weak and I think Philly is going to bleed scoring chances, and I'm not sure they have the goaltending strength to back them up. The offense isn't much better, with a few AHL players and nearly 12.0 M spend on chrisbeezer and perplex. A potential contender for the #1 overall pick.

Atlantic

1. Buffalo Sabres - Buffalo had a very strong team last season but utterly collapsed in the first round. This season, Savard takes over as owner, bringing in a strong management team behind him. This team will be dangerous offensively with some great depth (JT l91l, kcut, Gilleh). Mark-Chabot could be one of the best top pairings in the league if put together, but I think Buffalo would be wise to split them up, as the defensive depth may be the weakness of this team.

2. Detroit Red Wings - Detroit was another team that surprised a bit last season, and they too have improved. Brisan returns to the NHL, bringing in a great management group of MTCC and GB. Those two will form a dominant top line, and they made a few nice pickups to round out the depth (danny, bat10b). The defense is in decent shape as far as depth goes but I think they lack elite talent on the back end. Winston Payne will be a big help in net, he's one of the better goalies in the league imo.

3. Florida Panthers - Florida returns with a similar squad to the one that finished third but was knocked out in the first round. They should be dangerous offensively once again, with Stif, Terry, and Mongeon up front. Poland and snipeshow are both solid pickups in a weak bidding, and shuhead is a good deal at 1.75 M. JMoney is also one of the top goalies in the league and should be playing 6 a week to help this team try and push further up the standings.

4. Ottawa Senators - Ottawa was big surprise to me last season, pushing up to second in this division and going to the ECF. Sty improved his management group, bringing in Jemima to help out up front. I think Saucey is overpriced at 5.0 M but the defensive depth is still solid, with Teneur and Darsock on good contracts. The offensive depth may be a little weaker but the goaltending is still solid, and Ottawa will battle it out for another playoff spot in this division.

5. Montreal Canadiens - Jerdubz and gregy take over Montreal and I think they've built a fairly solid squad. They have good depth on both sides of the puck, with Green Salt and St michel on good deals on defense. They lack elite talent up front but should be able to roll three good lines, Ondafly is very good value at 1.75 M. Gregwhite is a solid goalie and should lead the way as their backup comes from the CHL as a bit of an unknown.

6. Boston Bruins - While Boston wasn't too bad last season, they came in last in a very challenging division. Colonel20 takes over Boston after briefly running Dallas last season (RIP DDW4). Colonel didn't have many returning contracts which is tough, but he did snag one of the burrito bros who is still good value at 1.75 M. Tenancious RD is a good GM who is probably Boston's best forward, outside of him I think they lack elite talent but drally will keep them in games.

7. Toronto Maple Leafs - Psychic Taco takes over Toronto this season, taco had a terrific rookie season in net last season with Carolina and will play a large part in Toronto being competitive this season. Toronto should be pretty good offensively with the likes of duky and rick up front, itransitions is a solid pickup at 1.25 M, however I think the defense will hold them back from being a playoff team.

8. Tampa Bay Lightning - Sackagewea take over TB, who comes from AHL Stockton. I don't think this team will be terrible, but there is a lack of elite talent up front and on defense. Lockmythmonster and cam19 are good players but overpaid. Handz at 750k is solid but Keith at 5.75 M is an extremely questionable decision. Zerocrash will have to keep these guys in games.

Overall Eastern Conference Power Rankings

1. New Jersey Devils
    2. Buffalo Sabres
    3. Detroit Red Wings
    4. Florida Panthers
    5. Pittsburgh Penguins
    6. Ottawa Senators
    7. Montreal Canadiens
    8. Carolina Hurricanes

9. Washington Capitals
    10. Boston Bruins
    11. New York Rangers
    12. Columbus Blue Jackets
    13. New York Islanders
    14. Toronto Maple Leafs
    15. Tampa Bay Lightning
    16. Philadelphia Flyers

Central

1. St Louis Blues - STL was a huge surprise last season, flying out of the gates and eventually winning the President's Trophy. They fell in the second round to the eventual cup champs in WPG. Draisatl is back again and reloading around tayz, bass, and cakes up front. The offense should still be very good in STL. I think the defense takes a small step back with Kutomba leaving but this team will put up a lot of goals and get solid goaltending from Hearley.

2. Winnipeg Jets - The returning cup champs will once again be good this season, how good depends on their depth up front. This team has arguably the best top 4 on defense in the league with kbsmith-flowmasterjoe and boany-hipnotic, but the offense took a serious hit with the exit of fiishin, mvp, and smirky. That being said, on the strength of goaltending and defense they will challenge for this division and possibly a cup once again.

3. Colorado Avalanche - Towards the end of last season Colorado began to heat up before falling off in week 10. Zinc returns again with an improved squad that includes some nice upgrades at D with the additions of egodeath and Yuri. Adding Kirito and LoL to the offense gives Colorado a nice punch, Colorado also has a very nice goalie duo in Vas and Davos. I think this team will break through and make the playoffs this season.

4. Nashville Predators - Williams and Tb Toxic take over in Nashville, who were a bit disappointing last season considering the roster they came in with. Though yoshi is a bit overpaid, he and Willy will make a nice duo. Toxic, delong, and slammerra round out some decent depth up front. The defense is a bit of a question mark behind foote and mashle, but Perri in the cage should help this team grab a wild card spot.

5. Minnesota Wild - Minnesota was a huge mess last season but they should improve with Con, Strizzy, and A1freak running the team. Gotothewhip and bigleaguebala are on pretty good contracts on offense. The defense perhaps may be a weak point behind Con. Minnesota has two solid goalies though to help shoulder the load. This is potentially a team I could see sneaking into the playoffs on a wild card.

6. Chicago Blackhawks - JBT takes over Chicago this season, along with Couture gives the Hawks two good forwards. They spent a lot of money on offense and that will certainly be their strong point, the Hawks should have no issues scoring goals. However I think the defense will be a bit of a mess, you are going to have issues if Mafiaman is your highest paid dman. Maybe the defense will surprise me, but I don't see this being a playoff team as they are currently constructed.

7. Dallas Stars - Blindfold comes from the CHL to run Dallas after the mess Devin and Jerz left last season. This team picked up three good dmen in Gandhi, Hemlig, and westwood, but they all came at a price. Similarly, up front, Dallas spent big on mfricha, bknottz, and collins. The success of this team is entirely dependent on how good their 500k army is. Right now I see them finishing last in this division, but maybe they will surprise.

Pacific -

1. Edmonton Oilers - Sweet Lou brings his Tampa Bay boys over to Edmonton. This team is loaded up front. Grabbing Saini and logan in bidding for 5.0 M is great value. TVK is still on a good deal. They will roll three very good lines and punch in a lot of goals. The huge question mark is on defense, where behind fizzi they could be weak. Rivit and afrocuban are on pretty good deals. Jewest one and slidezy is a fine duo for their price point. The Pacific could be a battle between the top three teams, right now I give a slight edge to Edmonton.

2. San Jose Sharks - SJS faced a ton of adversity this past season after losing three top players but still battled back and was one goal short of a trip to the SCF. Duggan returns this season with Aces and ScaryJoey as his management. This team is loaded up the middle with Duggan, ScaryJoey, and Coffey. The defense is in great shape as well with the additions of Gwan and Kutamba. Jonez returns in net, the question mark for SJS will be their ability to create offense. They could win this division.

3. Arizona Coyotes - Stick returns as owner of Arizona, bringing Stew and Fox in as his management. They grabbed Kopi in bidding for a reasonable price considering some of the contracts and got GunHavok on a great deal. This team will be great offensively, but similar to EDM, the defense could be a bit questionable. Stick will lead the way, ball saddle for only 2.0 M was another strong pickup. I think they will be right there with EDM and SJS for the Pacific Division title.

4. Calgary Flames - Calgary surprised me a bit last season, putting together a strong season and finishing second in the Pacific before falling in the first round. They picked up the Brand forwards from STL and also nabbed Gren and THopz on reasonable deals. The offense will propel them to a playoff spot, but I think their shortcomings at D will prevent them from being an elite team.

5. Los Angeles Kings - AO takes over in LA putting together a decent squad despite needing quite a few players from bidding. La Leche returning to C will anchor their offense, along with Scheckel for just 2.5 M. Mikey, Backlund, and hatemaker will anchor the blueline, all priced reasonably. Remnato will backstop this team in goal. I don't see LA being a top team but they could push for a wild card spot.

6. Anaheim Ducks - Kryss is running things again in Anaheim after a disastrous season that saw them finish with only 45 points, I'm not sure it will be too much better this season. Buddy Rob, Elite, hittheranch, and heatfan give them more talent up front. I just don't think Anaheim has the defense to get these guys the puck, and this is where the team will really struggle.

7. Vancouver Canucks - A lot of what I mentioned about Anaheim applies here to Vancouver. Glitchgoaling comes back as owner, and it seems the team may struggle again. They have a decent amount of talent up front but major issues on defense behind vaporiz. Maybe I will be proven wrong, but I will be surprised if Anaheim and Vancouver aren't at the bottom of the Pacific again.

Overall Western Conference Power Rankings

1. Edmonton Oilers
    2. St Louis Blues
    3. San Jose Sharks
    4. Winnipeg Jets
    5. Arizona Coyotes
    6. Colorado Avalanche
    7. Calgary Flames
    8. Nashville Predators

9. Minnesota Wild
    10. Los Angeles Kings
    11. Chicago Blackhawks
    12. Dallas Stars
    13. Anaheim Ducks
    14. Vancouver Canucks

tl;dr your team sucks because I hate you personally

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 70
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Salty x 27

Salty x 27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +440 / 27 / -48
    Good write-up. Thanks for the media.

• Like Like x 2
    Keith_Show
  3. l1l Bones l3l

l1l Bones l3l BBB Owner

Ratings:
    +827 / 40 / -41
    great read tortellini

• Like Like x 3
    BonesOnDemand
  4. l1l Sharp l0l

l1l Sharp l0l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +727 / 85 / -80
    Good write-up

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Lsharpl
  5. Bake703

Bake703 Shake it before you Bake it

Ratings:
    +1,136 / 188 / -101
    Nice write up torts, thanks for taking the time out to do this. Hope we can prove you wrong :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    BAKE703
  6. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    Underdogs I like it good luck to everyone this season

thanks for taking the time to write this up very good read.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. neglawt

neglawt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 8 / -3
    Stupid idiot

• Get Good x 8
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    Thanks for media

selke1
  9. AO l24l

AO l24l Champ Champ

Ratings:
    +83 / 1 / -6
    Good write up buddy. Looking to help my merry band of shitters make the playoffs. Good luck to everyone this season and GG @JT l91l

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. JT l91l

JT l91l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +810 / 89 / -75
    Untag.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    miT_
  11. JEEEEEEBS

JEEEEEEBS VHL REFUGEE

Ratings:
    +319 / 12 / -14
    I taught @CoN x93 how to stand on skates. If you think I'm a "weak point", you're a jabroni.

Nice writeup though, jabroni.

• Like Like x 2
    JEEEEEEBS
  12. BWZinc

BWZinc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Zinc#5455
    Ratings:
    +653 / 81 / -59
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gulash l4l

Gulash l4l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gulash#0239
    Ratings:
    +560 / 80 / -95
    Thanks for the media!

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. sauce47

sauce47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +512 / 57 / -92
    That was horrendous. Never do this again.

• Dislike x 9
    • Get Good x 8
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. txB0BBYxt

txB0BBYxt briere’s belt

Ratings:
    +241 / 53 / -105
    no mention of a washed up legend making a come back on detroit. this is flawed

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    I think BOS will move up during the season

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    Detroit has no back end talent? Do you know how good I am at sucking dick? Skedda n Yoden. We also have the great @Gary Garoo so you're just being mean.

• Like Like x 2
    GolSkiii
  18. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Questionable D here, reporting for service @STlCK

• Like Like x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  19. Greb

Greb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +770 / 62 / -55
    Who would that be? Pryme? Cause he mentioned batten.

• Like Like x 1
    NHLGrebby14
  20. Green Salt

Green Salt Hello

Discord:
    Salttt#9024
    Ratings:
    +449 / 24 / -32
    Awesome job. Thanks for doing this

Green__Salt