Issue No. 2 — LGWC Extra Time: Preseason Recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by nubsy004, Jul 22, 2016.

1. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nubsy004
  2. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Text versions of stories:

Road to the Rimet
    Preseason Facts and Fiction

By nubsy004
    LGWC Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

Group A
    FACT: Spain should run away with this group. Going 4-0 in preseason, in a grouping with Greece, Cameroon and Poland, La Roja should see red in it's Group A matchups. Two games, against Greece and Cameroon, were not entered. But, no matter the results of those games, Spain is clicking and will be tough to keep out of the Round of 16.
    FICTION: Argentina is better than we might expect. Los Gauchos must have been out on the farm during the week, only showing up for Sunday's games, falling 1-0 to Germany and 2-1 to Italy. The Argentines, for as little as we saw of them, did not look impressive.
    FACT: Mexico has a strong chance of advancing. Going 4-2 in preseason with two wins over Sweden, one being a forfeit, two wins over arch-nemesis USA, and a loss and tie to Brazil, El Tri has set itself up to be the golden eagle devouring the rattlesnake that is Group A.
    FICTION: Netherlands took preseason seriously. Following a 3-0 loss to Ireland in the first game Sunday, Holland checked out of preseason, forfeiting all 5 remaining games. @LAINGX15, coming down from his FA Cup win, has put a strong team together name-wise. The question is, will they play?
    Predictions:
    1. Spain
    2. Mexico
    3. Argentina
    4. Netherlands

Group B
    FACT: This is the Group of Death. With No. 1, No. 3, No. 8 and No. 11 teams in all of preseason there is no doubt Group B is the Group of Death. The next closest is Group A, who has teams at No. 4 and No. 5, but also at No. 14 and No. 16.
    FICTION: My earlier prediction Brazil would win the group. While Brazil did have a solid preseason, I don't think they will come out on top. It's too much of a toss-up between Brazil, Ireland and Poland.
    FACT: Poland is an unknown. Texas Tenant's Texas-sized team did not go that big in preseason, bagging a win over Cameroon but losing twice to Spain and once each to Cameroon and Greece. Being in one of the more difficult preseason groups, Poland did score at least one goal in every game, which shows a resiliency that will serve them well in the group stage.
    FICTION: Ireland has no shot. Even though the Irish went 2-1-3 in preseason, defeating Netherlands 3-0 and taking a forfeit, and losing twice each to Canada and Ivory Coast, they have a strong chance with their lineup to make it to the second week. The Boys in Green better shore up the defense, though, as they allowed 10 in preseason.
    Predictions:
    1. Germany
    2. Brazil
    3. Ireland
    4. Poland

Group C
    FACT: Ivory Coast should get a bye. No. 2 after preseason at 5-1-0, Ivory Coast beat Canada twice, and beat and tied Ireland. The other two wins were freebies from Holland. In the weakest group in the Road to the Rimet, Les Éléphants should coast their way to No. 1 in the group.
    FICTION: England will be like the real-life team. The Three Lions can bag at least 3 wins in this group and ease into the Round of 16, so long as its top players show up and are in top form.
    FACT: Sweden is screwed. Call me Not Nice or a schemr, or even drop an Fbomb on me, I just don't see it happening — sorry, @LegendaryFigV4. Prove me wrong.
    FICTION: Greece will fall early. In a tough preseason group, To Piratiko struggled a bit. However, brighter days are on the horizon, as they should be able to pirate their way through all the booty that is Group C.
    Predictions:
    1. Ivory Coast
    2. Greece
    3. England
    4. Sweden

Group D
    FACT: This group is mediocre across the board, but that will lead to some exciting competition. It would be the Group of Death, if the first two teams had a better chance at making it to the semifinals.
    FACT: Canada was the best team in preseason for this group at No. 6. The Canucks went 4-0-2 with two big victories over Ireland, 3-2 and 4-0. Both losses came at the hands of the Ivory Coast. Canada should have no problem getting top 2 in this group.
    FICTION: USA would live up to all our American dreams and be good. Let's be honest, I love my country so much that if virtual USA beat me, I would be less upset. However, that's a far stretch for this team, which went 1-0-5 in preseason. A lone win over Sweden led to losses to Brazil twice, Mexico twice and Sweden once. Basically, USA was left red, white and bruised this week.
    FACT: Italy is in trouble. With so many questions surrounding availability, Italy will be lucky to get the minimum 7 on the pitch for all games. And even then, they have not built much chemistry by forfeiting so many games in preseason.
    FICTION: Cameroon is on the rise. Quite the contrary, the Lions Indomptables went 1-1-3 in preseason, with one game unaccounted for. Losses to Poland and Greece will be a tough pill to swallow for Cameroon. However, in this group, they are not out of the mix.
    Predictions:
    1. Canada
    2. USA
    3. Cameroon
    4. Italy

Preseason forfeits explained
    Teams dish on why they didn't play

By nubsy004
    LGWC Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

A total of 96 games were scheduled in LG World Cup preseason play, but forfeits ran rampant, and some teams barely put a boot on the field.
    Sunday saw four forfeits, at least three forfeited on Monday and another three on Tuesday. At least eight other games Monday and Tuesday were either not played or did not have scores submitted.
    Leading the forfeit charge were three teams in particular — Netherlands, Argentina and Italy. Argentina and Holland played games on Sunday, but did not play Monday or Tuesday. Italy played the late game Monday and early game Tuesday, but no others.
    Netherlands Owner @LAINGX15 said he struggled to make games and get his team together, still living in last season.
    "I was putting the finishing polishes on my FA Cup," he said. "Every time I think I had it done, I'd notice something else. It was literally a week-long process."
    @Archie2359, owner of Argentina, said his team could play Sunday because it was the holy day, and Mondays and Tuesdays are for work.
    "We praise God on the pitch every Sunday, but once the week starts, we have to go to work," he said. "Argentina's main export is wheat, but most of our guys work in the cocaine fields. That's why you've never hear of any of them."
    @xCiri, owner of Italy, said his players were so excited to make the team, they were drunk on fine wine all week long.
    "It's basically been a nonstop party over here in Rome, with all the wine you can drink and beautiful Italian women serving up spaghetti and meatballs nonstop," he said. "It will be a wonder if we'll be able to hold our guts together when group play starts. Cameroon and Canada better have some big trash cans out near the field in case we have to hurl."
    Outside of the forfeits, some teams do not have all scores from the week entered. Spain, Greece, Argentina and Italy only have four games played, and Cameroon and Poland only have five.
    @lL A lK lE, owner of Spain, said scores against Cameroon and Greece were not entered because his team is learning new hobbies.
    "After games, since we are Spanish, we are all learning to Flamenco," he said. "We tried bull fighting, but our two unlucky guys, @Unlucky Dustin and @Unlucky Masters, both got gored pretty badly. So now, we're learning to Flamenco in hopes it will help us move better on the field, at least that's what @NinoRT9 thinks."
    Lake declined comment on reports the Spaniards have instead been taking too many naps and drinking too much sangria.
    @xl bearjuden lx, Greece's owner, said his team's final two games of the week were not entered for one reason — cost.
    "Ever since our bailout, we have been cash-strapped and not able to pay the $45,000 fee to file a game report," the owner said. "But even if we could, we all spend too much time shaving our backs to get a report completed. I don't know if you have heard, but most Greeks are pretty hairy."
    @Brisan66, LGWC commissioner, said he hopes teams get things together before the group stage begins.
    "Work in cocaine fields? Too much partying? Learning to Flamenco? Shaving? These are not adequate excuses for missing games," he said. "I'm over here in the states eating cheeseburger after cheeseburger and you don't see me skipping out on games, or skipping at all for that matter."
    Brisan said forfeits in the World Cup may lead to repercussions in Season 7, including fines or suspensions.

SATIRE DISCLOSURE: This article is not serious in nature. If you believe what you have read here, Extra Time and the LGFA relinquish all responsibilities regarding your actions. Carry on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nubsy004
  3. TIMBORULES

TIMBORULES Are you about that Fifa life?

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -10
    I think your predictions are spot on

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. lRoon

lRoon Philly Philly

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -6
    Another great article. I can't wait for the next one after the group stage! Lol

roonmastaflex
  5. LAINGX15

LAINGX15 LGAHL BOG

Discord:
    Laingx15#6057
    Ratings:
    +280 / 132 / -110
    Quick comment from holland.. team is very excited for sunday, and playing the same team over again got real boring,

No Streaming Account
  6. A Rusty Rocket

A Rusty Rocket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -11
    Shut up Laing

No Streaming Account
  7. VanB Matthias

VanB Matthias Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -3
    No Streaming Account
  8. Daddy Marino

Daddy Marino Daddy's Home

Discord:
    Marino#0159
    Ratings:
    +532 / 27 / -102
    I am the best

• Winner Winner x 1
    Marino71
  9. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    u will bow down to me

• Like Like x 1
    Serpe_x_13x
  10. LAINGX15

LAINGX15 LGAHL BOG

Discord:
    Laingx15#6057
    Ratings:
    +280 / 132 / -110

Serpe, do you even know soccer.. i am manager of the year so u should bow down to me

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. EricE30

EricE30 -------

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 24 / -63
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account