RIP NHL17 Cod4 Remastered No problem.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by P t P 10, Apr 27, 2016.

1. P t P 10

P t P 10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +629 / 84 / -81

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Get Good x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Informative x 1
    ptp_prot3ction
  2. ScrumzWorlddd

ScrumzWorlddd Nice

Ratings:
    +271 / 66 / -248
    WOW SICK NO PROBLEM TBH

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    x11_yzmurcs
  3. GoHawks496

GoHawks496 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +952 / 91 / -129
    So they're remastering Final Fantasy 7 and now this game. I hope this doesn't become the norm now in the video gaming industry like it is in Hollywood. Hollywood ran out of ideas 20 years ago and I feel like the gaming industry is going down the same path. There have been very few new, interesting ip's created for the most part on this generation of consoles. I use to play all sorts of games but now I find myself playing mainly sports games.

I'm sure the remastered COD 4 will be cool but at the same time I find it kind of sad.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
    GoHawks496
  4. UPSWyatt

UPSWyatt 99 ***** Presence

Ratings:
    +273 / 7 / -7

This has been the norm for a while.

Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War, Final Fantasy X/X2... there are dozens of games at this point that have been "remastered."

The excuse is to give people a chance to play the games they didn't get to play if they didn't have the last generation system, but really it's just a cop-out to not have true backwards compatibility.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Upswyatt
  5. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Modern Warfare remastered will be a blessing, I seriously can't wait. One of the best COD titles ever released for sure.

& Jon, I also hope this isn't the normal however the community has been asking for a remake of the classic CODs now for a really long time because they're tainted with hackers now.

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    zChieef
  6. GoHawks496

Ratings:
    +952 / 91 / -129
    FF7 is more like a remake and I assume COD 4 is too.

As far as all those games being remastered; backwards compability doesn't help anyone make money. It's all about money now, that's why they do this. Why take the risk on a new IP when you can remaster or remake something that is guaranteed to sell. Or they make something like Destiny which is basically just Borderlands on steroids. Easy sell.

There use to be passion involved in the movie and gaming industry but those days are pretty much gone. Developers who really want to get their game out there have to go through big time publishers who shit all over the creative process.

I remember watching a documentary on the making of the original God Of War and the head director and designer, David Jaffe (who I respect alot, also created the first two Twisted Metal games), looked like he hadn't slept in months. He was miserable but he had this vision for this game and you could feel his passion for it with every word he said. It ended up being one of the best games of all time.

Those guys are being weeded out for yes men who are making sure to guarantee the big wigs a huge profit.

I respect Naughty Dog and Rockstar the most. Those guys could roll out a GTA and Uncharted every year but not only do they not do that, they also took a chance and made games like The Last Of Us and L.A. Noire instead.

GoHawks496
  7. GoHawks496

Ratings:
    +952 / 91 / -129
    You honestly believe they're remaking this game because of that reason? You're better than that.

$$$

GoHawks496
  8. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    ^^^^^

Look alive Anthony

No Streaming Account
  9. Mcloughlin93

Mcloughlin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 10 / -10
    Heard rumours of them including it but only with the campaign missions.

You've actually got to look at it in terms of both extremes of monetary value, money could be a reason they DONT bring it back as they would be aware any future releases of the franchise will perform extremely poorly sales wise due to the accepted community opinion that COD 4 is and always will be their best game, so a remastered version could mean people could just keep playing this game without buying any new releases.

However many people(myself included) believe the franchise to be running out of ideas, if not already done so, then a remastered COD 4 could be seen as their last hurrah in terms of sales. The most logical thing is the latter, but games companies are notoriously greedy, and theres every chance they could have a remastered cod 4 included with only campaign in this next release, further depriving us of COD 4 online so they can eek out a few more sales figures.

• Like Like x 2
    irish_macca
  10. Xx_TIGG_xX

Xx_TIGG_xX Xx_TIGG_xX

Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -2
    "There use to be passion involved in the movie and gaming industry but those days are pretty much gone. Developers who really want to get their game out there have to go through big time publishers who shit all over the creative process."

100% correct!

The latest 'hope' for an amazing game, done by an amazing director, released when he was 100% satisfied and not a second earlier ... has basically shit the bed.

I'm referring to 'H-Hour'. It started as a vision of David Sears, director of 'Socom 1 & 2', who quit before they got to 'Socom 4' cuz the big wigs were stepping in too much and demanding things that he felt took away from the product he wanted for his gamers.
    In 2013 David Sears started a 'KickStart' campaign for his new vision, H-Hour. He basically wanted a NewGen Socom type game and figured he could do it with community backed money so he didn't have a large corporate investor telling him what to do and giving him timelines. He wanted to make it right, and release it when it was right. Everything started out amazing as he required about $200,000 from the community and received much, much more than that. The game was now being made and a massive following and help from the community began.

Fast forward, partnerships were created to further the process and that ended up being a massive mistake. David Sears has quit the project. H-Hour is still somewhat being worked on but the community backlash over David leaving/being pushed out is gonna be the death of this game before it amounts to even a spec of what it could have been. David has never actually said why he left (I assume he cant talk shit about the game) but guys who know much more about the project wrote that it was the partnership with SOF Studios that caused not only David to leave but quite a few of the other partners, investors and employees involved.

So basically, people suck.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    I want cod4, could care less about it being a "recycled game". Been praying for it since waw. Time to go pro my friends.

Woytkiw8
  12. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Oh I know the developer is doing it for money, never said they weren't. I'm saying that the community wants them remade because of how infested they are with hackers now. C'mon Jon stay with me here.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    zChieef
  13. Mollet_29

Mollet_29 s11 Phantoms Calder Cup GM

Ratings:
    +160 / 7 / -30
    I feel there has to be a catch to it of they were to bring it back. Like why include it as a bonus to buying the new game while you're getting both games for practically the price of one. Plus all of their profits will go down just for the in game content like map packs because I can guarantee you most people would buy the new game just to play cod4. It just doesn't seem right to me lol

mollet_29
  14. GoHawks496

Ratings:
    +952 / 91 / -129
    I haven't played a new COD game in years but I dont think that COD 4 is the best one. It's a nostalgia thing. People want to relive their teenage glory days. I get it.

I guess it is indeed just a remaster to be likely shipped with the new title. So not a full reboot like FF7.

I'm aware there are alot more Woy's and Chief's than there are me. Thats why they do this. It's going to sell, no doubt. I'll just keep playing The Show I guess.

GoHawks496
  15. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    I wish they'd remaster NHL.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Primetimme1
  16. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Modern Warfare 2 was the best CoD, only slightly over CoD4.

• Like Like x 3
    Sloshy97
  17. DShakki

DShakki Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 72 / -110
    Depends, the longevity of it pub wise was weak. After a while it seemed like every game was either One Man Army Noob Tubers with claymores/c4's, Quickscopers, hackers, or people sitting in corners with heartbeat sensors. Not to mention the op akimbo shotties. Cod4 was so simple it was great.

Woytkiw8
  18. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    True story

The last time I played this game my buddy and I spawned and went to capture the flag and walked in to 6 guys forming a circle and in the circle two others were trying to stab each other. When one died the winner was replaced by two guys in the circle and they went at it. Weirdest gaming experience to date. This was months after hackers had taken over the game

No Streaming Account
  19. P t P 10

P t P 10 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +629 / 84 / -81

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ptp_prot3ction
  20. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    While this is true, nothing beats the thrill of a 6 man turtle squad of riot shielders in HC S&D

• Like Like x 1
    Sloshy97