ALL 1st Round Picks, Where They're At!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by GOAT_Neal, Oct 26, 2017.

1. GOAT_Neal

GOAT_Neal GOATstar

Discord:
    GOAT_Neal#9146
    Ratings:
    +622 / 333 / -551
    Since we have just completed the second week of S6, now is a good time to go back to the first round picks of the draft. We will take a look at their stat lines, and see if they were really worth the pick!

1. :team5: @gunass0910 Center
    Stats: 4-2 21P 7G-14A +7
    On a .500 MTL squad, Gunass (Aka Dumass)so far has been the only positive. He is no McDavid, but is defiantly showing that he was worthy of the #1 pick. MTL will need him to be the cornerstone of the franchise if they want to push and make the playoffs. He might want to improve his FO% though.

2. :team1: @OohDat-Twiggle_ Center
    Stats: 4-2 15P 6G-9A +3
    Again on a Toronto team that has yet to really start clicking, Twiggle has been solid so far. He ranks 5th on his team in points, and once the Leafs fully get everything together, expect it to go up. One concern here is his Takeaway Giveaway ratio of -33.

3. :team5: @JPH_VeNoM Left Wing
    Stats: 3-3 12P 7G-6A 0
    Quite a step down from @gunass0910 , but not doing terrible. On a team with really 1 NHL line, Venom is doing his best. After posting 76P in the CHL last season, I'm sure that Venom wants to start producing more. Although with a T-G of - 36, he might want to make some smarter passes.

4. :team5: @djunreal2010 Right Wing
    Stats: 1-4 7P 0G-7A -5
    After playing just two games with MTL, Unreal was traded to the :team30:. When MTL drafted him I'm sure they thought hey had just drafted a full NHL line, but unfortunately that didn't last very long. Since being traded Unreal hasn't won a game, and is struggling on a weak :team30: squad.

5. :team8: @JonFromEarth Left Defense
    Stats: 4-1-1 4P 1G-3A +7
    The first of 2 top 10 picks for Colorado, Jon has been off to a great start defensively. He already has a solid team around him, and it's letting his potential show. He has a T-G of 4, and after a fantastic season on :team463:, he is looking to continue.

6. :team78: @Weapon-C-181 Left Wing
    Stats: 2-2-2 11P 3G-8A 0
    After playing S5 as a left defenseman, maybe he should just switch back. He has been more of a liability than a weapon out on the ice, and it shows with his T-G of -56. This dude has to stop coughing the puck up, and start making smarter plays. Especially being on a sub .500 team, he needs to be smarter.

7. :team8: @Cwooks Left Defense
    Stats: 2-2-2 2P 0G-2A +2
    Colorado went ballsy picking up 2 LDs in the top 10, but one is playing better than the other. Wooks just hasn't gotten the passing together. He has a T-G of -34, and as a Dman, that needs to increase greatly. He's on a good :team8: team, so it's just a matter of time before he figures it out.

8. :team78: @MacInnis_2 Left Defense
    Stats: 3-2-1 8P 6G-2A -1
    Looking at Mac, I like what I am seeing. He's is getting involved with the offense, while not making many turnovers. Especially being on a sub .500 team, I think this was a better pick than @Weapon-C-181 . Mac has a decent T-G and low PIM. Let him grow, and he could be a stud!

9. :team28: @MrFrankPompei Right Wing
    Stats: 3-3-1 10P 4G-6A -2
    Struggling as of late, Pompei has had a decent start to the season. A disciplined player, the :team28: just need to get him some depth. They are sub .500 as well, maybe if they work some trades we can see Pompei start to have a fantastic season.

10. :team391: @iRep_Tha_Alumni Right Defense
    Stats: None
    Is this guy alive? What a waste of a pick. You fucked up :team391:!

11. :team76: @MustachoMexicano Left Defense
    Stats: 2-3-1 2P 0G-2A -7
    After a rough first week, Mexicano turned it around in week 2. He still has a bad +/-, but you can't fault him for it. LA is already in the dumpster, and he is doing his best to pull them out of it. They have shitty management, but some how Mexicano is powering through. Maybe if @Illyfilly didn't waste 12 mil on @JClaus33 they could have had some depth.

12. :team6: @FullyDynamic Left Wing
    Stats: 3-3 8P 7G-1A -4
    Dynamic has been productive so far, but I think he has more in him. He's been putting the puck in the net but not getting too many helpers. On the team that just won the cup last season, they're off to a slow start. There is room to improve and they will hit that corner soon. I like the pick, he played damn well in the playoffs last season.

13. :team76: @BobTheOstrich Left Defense
    Stats: 0-2 2P 0G-2A -3
    Bob had a fantastic season last year in the CHL, but it appears LA's shitty management didn't even give him a fair chance. He started off in the AHL putting up great numbers, but like all good things, @Illyfilly decided to trade him and continues to ruin his team some more. I like Bob and hope he gets his fair shot in the NHL soon.

14. :team5:@XILO_ATOMIK Right Wing
    Stats: 1-3 3P 1G-2A -7
    He's been bounced between the AHL and NHL, so it's hard to get a good read on him. MTL have had so many 1st round picks, and yet they still don't have everything together. What will it take for them to turn the next corner? Putting up 3 points in 3 games as a forwards isn't very impressive, but it's only 3 games. There is room to improve.

15. :team77: @iTzzGamETimE_ Center
    Stats: 0-1-1 2P 0G-2A -3
    After two bad games, Gametime got sent down to the AHL. From there he has been tearing it up. On a :team77: squad that should be better than they are, I feel like Gametime again wasn't given a fair shot. I bet that he will get called up soon again. For the 15th pick, it was good for the AHL.

16. :team8: @nickyP1999 Center
    Stats: 2-2-2 13P 5G-8A +4
    Nicky is producing for this good :team8: team. Yes he needs to work on his turnovers, but he has been fantastic on FO%. This was a good pick up for :team8:.

17. :team20: @Pelley_ Left Wing
    Stats: 4-1-1 15P 6G-8A +10
    After having a great fucking year on the Blazers last season, he is back at it again, but this time in the NHL. I'm surprised so many teams passed on him. I could see him at over 60 points by the end of the season. :team20: good pick, especially considering some of the players taken earlier.

18. :team23: @chegg Center
    Stats: 3-3 9P 2G-7A -1
    For a center I expect him to put up some more points. Centers have to be able to be the playmaker of the team, and his points just aren't showing it. He's on a .500 team, so his teammates may be hurting him more than helping. He has a T-G of -46, he may want to stop forcing passes and just go to the open winger or dman.

19. :team10: @Frauts Right Wing
    Stats: 0-1 1P 0G-1A -1
    Well this didn't pan out, to nobodies surprise. I was shocked when he was taken in the first round, and now :team10: is realizing their mistake. He was sent down to the AHL and then back to the CHL. What a waste of a pick. :team10: should try and get something out of a trade for him, otherwise it's a waste.

20. :team74: @AlcoholicGamer92 Right Wing
    Stats: 5-0 13P 5G-8A +12
    Getting drafted to a good ass :team74: squad has allowed Gamer to get off to a big start this season. Currently undefeated and only has a T-G -9, Gamer is pulling his weight of the 20th pick. He's been able to fit right in and play well. Rookie of the year?

21. :team14: @Grimrock89 Right Defense
    Stats: 4-1-1 7P 1G-6A +14
    This guy has been a rock. On a good fucking :team14: team, this is another player who is performing well. +14 with a T-G 3, he's making the right plays, while also preventing goals. With a low PIM, :team14: must be loving their pick. Hey @Illyfilly this is how you run a team!

22. :team21: @Briiky- Center
    Stats: 4-1 13P 6G-7A +4
    Once again, we have another playing fitting right in with a good team. Briiky not only has been putting up some points, but also has been winning the majority of his draws. His 7 helpers show that he is being that playmaker of a center you need on your team.

23. :team3: @IKiiNG_94 Left Wing
    Another player that is playing in the CHL. I wonder what went wrong.

24. :team1: @Arch_AzeK Right Wing
    Stats: 5-1 18P 10g-8A +11
    He's been a point producer and winer for the :team1: so far. So far on a 10-8 TML team, he has been on the ice for half their wins. They must have found some good chemistry quickly, and it's paying off for Arch. Some teams need to learn how to create chemistry. After playing RD last season, he has found the transition easy, unlike @Weapon-C-181 .

25. :team17: @NoSleeves12 Right Defense
    Stats: 1-2-1 2P 0G-2A -5
    He didn't have a great start in the NHL, gets sent down to the AHL and continues to struggle. This may be a bust. Not much good to say about Sleeves.

26. :team77:@Scooby Left Defense
    Stats: 1-1 2P 0G-2A 0
    After two games, another :team77: draft pick that was sent down to the AHL. It's been good for him though because he's posted a 4-2 record with 8 points. :team77: looks like they're trying to grow their draft picks into NHL players, and that is looking to be a smart decision. They're are almost a .500 club, you could see Scooby called up by the end of the season.

27. :team18: @DoctorBenchPress Center
    Stats: 3-1-2 11p 5G-6A +3
    Another player on a sub .500 club, the Doctor has managed to post repeatable numbers. I think that he is a sleeper. You may not agree with me, but any center who can win over 60% of FO and have low T-G is golden in my book.

28. :team6: @zGuentzel Left Wing
    Stats: 3-2-1 8P 6G-2A +3
    He has yet to take a penalty, and is putting up some good numbers, I like how the :team6: drafted. So far he's been good, but they still need to take the next step if they wish to get back to the SCF. They have the pieces, and they believe that Guentzel will be one of the pieces.

29. :team3: @Memlocke Goalie
    He has yet to play a NHL game, and is struggling in the AHL. The word is still out on whether he will crack a NHL roster soon.

30. :team30: @Fleew-Z Right Wing
    Aaaaaaannnnnnnd he's banned. Good job :team30:!

31. :team21: @jayvee028 Left Defense
    Stats: 3-3 5P 0G-5A 0
    He posts a T-G of 7, and 12 hits. His record may not represent his level of play. This guys looks to be a good defensemen, who has great potential. On a good :team21: team, lets see how he finishes his season!

Alright there is the recap of where all of the first round picks are! This is my first season in the NHL, so my analysis might be off! To people who tell me that, I know and don't care. Take it for what it's worth, I don't see any NHL media team doing write ups, so for now you have me.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    • Like x 24
    • Winner x 8
    • Get Good x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
    NealvsGame
  2. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    Just an all-round good write up. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nickyP1999
  3. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Very very good write up.

GameTime and Scooby weren't sent down though. They have always been in the A getting dribs and drabs of NHL minutes as ECU.

Both have done very well in their games regardless of outcome.

• Informative Informative x 1
    zubov_x_21
  4. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    never disrespect cwooks ever again

• Like Like x 2
    Krvstoffer
  5. jayvee2k1

jayvee2k1 xoxo

Discord:
    jayvee#9422
    Ratings:
    +147 / 3 / -10
    I wasn't expecting much @GOAT_Neal , but it's actually a very good write-up. A+

• Like Like x 2
    jayvee95
  6. vOutragEz

vOutragEz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 19 / -31
    You should do this with the season 5 draft. I have no idea where half of the players went lol.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    xunknown_31
  7. Zamne

Zamne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,169 / 43 / -56
    chuck needs an ego boost

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. NoSleeves12

NoSleeves12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,802 / 16 / -41
    this is actually really well done. gg goat.

• Like Like x 1
    NoSleeves12
  9. BK_0994

BK_0994 Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Lmfao i fuckin love the GOAT.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. greatzilla007

greatzilla007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 16 / -62
    This is the Goat post for Neal

• Like Like x 2
    greatzilla007
  11. The_0verthinker_

The_0verthinker_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    Enforcer dman bust here

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    Neal does good shit when he tries

• Like Like x 2
    Windmillsfordayz
  13. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 29 / -145
    The rookie of the year went 47th overall

• Like Like x 2
    Pastahnak
  14. BK_0994

BK_0994 Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Itsbong420?

No Streaming Account
  15. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    No Streaming Account
  16. x Viper 94

x Viper 94 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 245 / -212
    Nobody cares about the rookies.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    ohturbide
  17. The_0verthinker_

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    This needs an update by week 6

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. FAYTAL FLOW

FAYTAL FLOW Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 22 / -62
    Neal, can you do draft steals list so I can be number one?

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. The_0verthinker_

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 105 / -166
    Draft steals:
    Back342
    Arch_Azek
    AlcoholicGamer
    @Faytal_Flow