JClaus' Pre-Season Individual Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JClaus33, Oct 6, 2017.

1. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Hi guys, as some of you may have noticed, throughout the day today I've been offering my predictions on different people's individual seasons, to those that have requested it. The first group of predictions that I did, I didn't save, but I thought I would compile them into a thread, and it would be fun to look back on this after the season ends.

This is my first piece of media since returning, so I hope you guys like the idea. I may branch off of this and do divisional breakdowns before games start next Sunday. Please keep in mind these are simply my opinions based on rosters, previous seasons, and just general knowledge of the player base.
    Enjoy!

@x Braydenn Dallas : steadily improved his LG numbers each season since switching to defense full time, widely considered one of the top RD's in the game, probably will be playing all season with the Dallas top line and that team should be a favorite to be president's trophy winners again. I expect a Norris contending season; 20-6-2 40 points and a +30
    (central div will be very tough again)

@P t P 10 Columbus: One of the more well rounded players in the league, as proven by his success at both LD and C, played pro series with him and we had a lovely time together before he moved on to create his own powerhouse team...not 100% sure what to expect as this season he will spend a full season with a good team, but safe to assume his numbers should go up with CBJ instead of NYI for the first 3-4 weeks.

I expect CBJ to be a top team all season with him as the catalyst of their top line;
    23-3-2 87 points, +40 probably a finalist for a couple of awards as well

@Pacioretty__67 Boston; haven't played much with/against him since I ecu'd S2 with him nearly every game I played, but usually a consistently solid 2nd liner that can play 1st line, makes the switch to defense where he’ll be Boston’s top d man, on a team that should be quite solid. If he’s sound defensively, he will be good cause I know he will be good as a puck mover and offensively, I think he’ll be with their top line so I could see a very solid season for him;
    19-7-2 36 points +22
    @BeeDohBeeDoh Montreal; Round 5 for him with Montreal and nowhere to really go but up for him and his team after last season. Did a really good job compiling assets and building through the draft where he’s gotten himself enough quality forwards where he can put himself with other solid forwards. I think Montreal is overhyped, but they should be a solid team, and I think Beedoh bounces back;
    14-12-1, 44 points, +1
    @Novak4Prez Montreal: My former CBJ tbnk linemate has moved on to take GM with Montreal to play with his club teammate, Gunass. Novak has become a bit overrated because he was won back to cups, but he is a solid low end 1st liner, who should produce a bit more than last season with Gun. Like I said I think Montreal is a bit overhyped but if they keep consistent lines, Novak will play all season with very good players and I think will have a season more similar to how he did when he was traded to Columbus at the deadline.
    18-8-1 68 points +24
    @Holy_Coley Minnesota: Probably an ideal 3rd liner for any team, and Minny has him on a great contract at 750k for 3 seasons, I tried to get him on S4 NJD when I was owner but it didn’t happen. He’s on a team with his brother (Bo) and I expect they’ll want to play together. Minny isn’t loaded on forward and the central will be tough again but they should be solid at worst, and I expect Cole to end his trend of alternating between good and poor seasons this time around;
    15-8-4, 56 points, +13

@SuDzy92_ Detroit: One of the more underrated players in the league (someone pick him up for ESHL already) Sudzy has turned himself into a legitimate top line forward, and a consistent bet for 80 points. The only real question on him at this point is if he can do it against top competition. Not sure if Detroit will run him and Devin together as a top line or split them up to try and balance what looks like an otherwise very pedestrian forward group. If he doesn’t get some help up front I could see a slight dip in his numbers.
    18-6-4, 74 points, +30

@xDubz47 Ottawa: The Florida S3 hero finally returns to the NHL, this time on forward. Played last season on the Mem Cup winning Val’D’or and is reunited with his west coast friends. Looking at their roster, he may end up being their top line RW, and if so I expect him to put up some good numbers, even if I wouldn’t classify him as a true top line player. Having played a few times against Dubz this year in 6’s I could see him as a 2nd liner on a lot of teams, and having that at 3 mil is a solid price. Playing top line on a team that I feel should be at the top of their division, I see a good season ahead.
    20-7-1 62 points +32

@nyBARISny Detroit: He has come a really really long way from a guy that started his NHL career 0-13, not gonna lie I used to think Baris was the biggest bust ever, going for 4+ mil after a sub .500 AHL season, but he’s turned into a solid 2nd pair guy by now. Coming off 2 pretty solid seasons with STL, he moves to GM with Detroit. I’d imagine he’ll be 1/2 of the top pair with Soccaplaya, and if so that’ll be a strong pair, however is he’s asked to carry a pair by himself I think he will struggle a bit as Detroit’s forward depth is not too strong after Devin and Sudzy. I think Detroit may have an up and down season, but I predict Baris on an individual level will be fine.
    16-7-5 30 points +18

@xNav61 Colorado: Coming off of a strong rookie season on a stacked New Jersey team, xNav was moved to the Avs in the off-season, where if I were making lines, I’d expect to see him centering the 2nd line or playing LW with NickyP (Not for sure on this) Either way, Colorado is set up to be a very strong team this season, but with Nav in a tougher division, I wouldn’t be surprised to see his numbers drop a little bit, while keeping a similar record. I don’t know his game exceptionally well, as he came up in LG while I was gone, but he performed very well with New Jersey, and Odie was a big fan of his.
    18-5-4 62 points +30

@xShauN88 New Jersey: Former owner of the old top tier Dallas Stars, Shaun has struggled through a couple of up and down seasons since his team was swapped to Boston. Last season, his first as a player only, he went for 5 mil back to Dallas, where it didn’t go well for him at all. He was moved to Carolina and did moderately well down the stretch. Now with a New Jersey team that is looking to rebrand itself with a new management group, Shaun looks to fit as their #2 RW presumably. I feel like that’s a good spot for him and on a 2 million contract I think he’s at a very reasonable price. I don’t think New Jersey will come near the level of their success the previous two seasons but I think Shaun rebounds and has a nice respectable season.
    15-9-3, 57 points, +8

@ChyzNasty Arizona: My old friend Chyznasty returns to LG, making the switch from Center to Right Defense. Prior to his extended leave from LG, he had turned himself into one of the top tier centers in the game. Personally I’m surprised he switched positions, but sometimes people just like to mix things up. He went for $7 million to the Moran brothers in Arizona, and I’m not quite sure how it will go. I am a bit confused as to why they finished bidding with only 15 players, unless they went for 2 late adds post-bidding. That being said, I know the Morans like to play the same people together on the same days every season, so Chyz, who will be their top RD, will also play with the best forwards, and will have a lot of easier games over the course of the season. He’s not the same level RD as he is at Center, but he is still comfortably a first pairing caliber player, and I expect that his line specifically will enjoy a good season.
    21-5-2, 42 points, +36

@Flapjack8796 Vegas: My first order of business when I got ownership in season 4 was to get this guy re-signed, and given the AGM role. Off the ice, a huge help and morale boost to the team, and his game has really blossomed over the last few seasons. Emerging from a mediocre 3rd liner in Season 2, all the way to the center on the top line in the league last season. The New Jersey era is sadly over for him, but he’s moved on to the expansion Golden Knights, where he’ll either be the 1st or 2nd line C (interchangeable) This team doesn’t have any huge stars per say, but they’re very solid, and quite deep in terms of quality top to bottom. I don’t think Flap will replicate the production he put up last season, but there’s no reason he can’t enjoy a similarly successful season, and I fully expect him to maintain himself as a low end defensively sound, first liner.
    20-7-1, 66 points, +23

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like x 24
    • Winner x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    JClaus33
  2. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    (Additional name placeholder)

JClaus33
  3. GOAT_Neal

GOAT_Neal GOATstar

Discord:
    GOAT_Neal#9146
    Ratings:
    +618 / 333 / -549
    nah

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    NealvsGame
  4. Bazlund

Bazlund Hey

Discord:
    bazlund#0
    Ratings:
    +952 / 50 / -52
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    bazlund
  5. xBrickwall-_-

xBrickwall-_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    brick3692#0
    Ratings:
    +396 / 172 / -212
    xbrickwall_
  6. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    No mention of my best friend @Kraz18 too sad

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    weird list

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    @JClaus33 - Will I put together another 20 win season? Do me :eek:

xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  9. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Just went as people requested them, I did like 20 more before these that I didn't save. It was a spur of the moment thing

• Winner Winner x 2
    JClaus33
  10. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    i like the write up, just didn't understand the people. u da man

No Streaming Account
  11. KingClutch x 77

KingClutch x 77 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kc#1247
    Ratings:
    +636 / 16 / -21
    sauce me one

• Like Like x 1
    kingclutchx77
  12. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    looks like you need a goalie up there

jtresatti
  13. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    I did yours, if you saved it send it to me and I'll add it in.

JClaus33
  14. Carmstrong95

Carmstrong95 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    carm95#0
    Ratings:
    +394 / 6 / -15
    Do me!! Also I’d like one of those write ups about me ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    TheCarm95
  15. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    He barely logs onto this website, I doubt he'll even see this for another couple days

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    JClaus33
  16. OdessaSteps

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    Can you do one of these write ups for the Final Directors Cut of Ridley Scott's Bladerunner?

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  17. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    [​IMG]

Nybarisny
  18. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    I unfortunately didnt save it for some reason, however i remember the statline was 32-12-3 79.8 sv% and 2.1 gaa

jtresatti
  19. OdessaSteps

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    Jokes on him. Denis Villeneuve's theatrical release is the directors cut.

No Streaming Account
  20. Ethos Jinx

Ethos Jinx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jozzkal(Kyle)#8419
    Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -5
    damn beedoh made the list, I wanna be on here ;))

jozzkal