EASHL Builds *NHL18*

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by TVK, Aug 9, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    That's why I asked them to make him a bit smaller. He got other improvements as well, and fits well into the "give and take" system the EASHL builds are in

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. P3k1ng DuK

P3k1ng DuK Laporshkin x 71’s son

Ratings:
    +567 / 48 / -60
    100% on your side

p3k1ng_duk
  3. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Brodie - FWIW, you are someone that I'm confident is there for the right reasons. And I appreciate the back and forth on here and your insight.

From my perspective, the frustrating part is that I don't know what is on EA's master list of fixes. You're correct in that I'd be perfectly happy if they came out with the same game but fixed all the lingering gameplay issues, but I can appreciate that they need to innovate and come out with new things each year to appease the majority of the gamer base. But again, what good is it if it is such a poorly implemented feature such as the tie-up? No one is using that and I'm certain that tied up important resources and programming time.

Your list of things looks pretty accurate and I'd agree with most of it. This was my full list for NHL 17: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discus...t-are-broken-other-than-my-cold-dead-heart/p1

Obviously, some of those are more substantial fixes than others (i.e. faceoffs, servers, etc.). And it does seem like a few of the gameplay ones listed were revised during the Beta, which is a plus. Yes, we all want things faster, but if we're at least acknowledged and told "hey, we realize this is an issue and a solution is in the works" that is an example of positive communication. Without communication it is hard to have faith that this series is heading in the right direction; I trust you and your judgement, but I trust more what I see and feel and what I see is a game that has marginally improved over the course of 3 years (really 4).

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    BLicK1252
  4. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Your points are extremely valid and I can't relate anymore since I am in the know.

I know myself first hand how frustrating it was not knowing eashl wasn't in NHL 15 for X1 or how there wasn't lobbies for eashl in NHL 16.

That def changed a lot for LG and not knowing was frustrating.

What I can say is that their master lists for fixes and such are based off the community feed back.

As much as I know it is hard based on history I believe the future is bright

LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    I love CHEL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    I just want them to bring back GM Connected. Always was my close 2nd favorite mode to EASHL despite the numerous bugs. Who knows maybe someday if they add it back we could have LG GM Connected leagues.

I was extremely disappointed when EA again didn't even acknowledge the quite vocal group on Facebook and Twitter clamoring for GMC for the past 2 years and added Threes instead.

And I still remember vividly when they screwed us EASHLers over on 15(X1) by not even adding EASHL. But they made sure the cash grab mode HUT was in there.

One last thing I'll add... Last season EA NHL had social media employees on Facebook and Twitter that responded to people and that greatly helped community outreach. Now those accounts no longer seem to do anything other then post news, and it feels overall that EA is seems to be distancing themselves from the community.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    They won't add GM Connected back when they're making a shit tom from HUT. Why let you get ovi and Crosby together in GM connected when they can possibly get hundreds, or thousands of dollars from someone in HUT?

• Like Like x 2
    Its_cakes
  8. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter

Ratings:
    +206 / 13 / -32
    If they built up GM Connected then less people would throw their wallets at the screen for virtual cards that you lose at the end of every NHL. So people like me will continue to suffer without because of EA's Greed. It's a shame.

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. LethaLMyke23

LethaLMyke23 Why so serious?

Ratings:
    +197 / 10 / -9
    The pmd is 6.2 205lbs in nhl 17 and was only 6.0 205lbs in the beta

I know the build is supposed to be a puck mover therefore being quick and all but i feel the change of height decrease its pock check/stick lift effectiveness too much however the new (quick fist step) attribute is good to have for this build

An other build they changed is the twf in nhl 17 hes 6.1 200 and in the beta hes 6.0 200lbs

Now you might thing it doesnt make a big difference but i feels the build is now a bit too weak and like i mentionned about the pmd his decrease in height doesnt help for his stick play and to me hes act like a playmaker with worst passing now instead of being a real twf

Those 2 builds are the one i use mainly on 17

Also they changed the size of the twd from 6'3 210lbs to 6'2 205 which make him less clunky and make him play simillar as the pmd in nhl 17 but with worst passing and hands

With that being said during the beta i played mostly as a jumbo playmaker and i felt way faster and agile compared to same build in nhl 17 which means that the smallest playmaker could be obselete

I also noticed that all builds had a skating rating of 8/10 compared to 7/10 in nhl 17 with the smallest build having the attribute named (quick first step) so my question is was the changes really necessary for the build i mentionned above

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    LethaLMyke23