* New * NHL 18 Beta General Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Lord Skahgz

Lord Skahgz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    would like a punishment added for drop in Goalies that quit, because the Comp Goalie is just to go up against as an opposing human Goalie - if a goalie rage quits in drop in not only do they get the short ban but also the game would go to a pause screen for one minute or so and the team has to decide which user will become the new goalie if no decision is made by the timer running out, a player will be chosen at random to replace the Goalie.

LordSkahgz
  2. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    Every game I join I have always up as camera perspective but it gives me down. Not cool

No Streaming Account
  3. cob13

cob13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    I want to report a settings bug, it s still there in nh18 beta, it was there in nhl16 and nhl17.

The bug occurs in EASHL only.
    When you play with the camera perspective "prefer down", the shooting controls "camera relative" doesn t save,
    it s always going back to "always up". No matter were you get your settings, in the main menu or in the eashl or both, the bug is still there.
    I have to pause it every game to fix the shooting controls, and lose the time out. A lot of people know about the Cob pause i have to take every game.
    I can make a video that shows the bug.

Thanks a lot for fixing this

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. POT SHOT122

POT SHOT122 Warning Group

Discord:
    potshot122#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -6
    YES! Please fix this EA. No matter where you switch the settings (main menu, etc.), this particular setting never saves in EASHL.

No Streaming Account
  5. cob13

cob13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    I have to say to be more precise, my settings are saved, it is when i get into a game that the shooting controls goes back to "always up".

No Streaming Account
  6. MiIes75

MiIes75 Bender

Discord:
    miies75#0
    Ratings:
    +59 / 24 / -26
    The menus looks good nice color nice display go into EASHL menu nothing but blinding font that blend together that's hard to navigate and read . FIX THIS PLEASE It looks boring as hell

miies75
  7. tomsallstars

tomsallstars Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 8 / -38
    I like the new game a lot. New cpu play is great. Guys can't just go around them easily on offense anymore. They make smarter passes and read plays better. Gamplay is better overall and more realistic. Can work on goalies a bit more, re ouds on simple shots and the movement is a little choppy at times. Puck pickups are bad and prob the biggest problem. Some of them are very unrealistic and depends on the connection. The hitting a solid, people may bet bumped off of puck a little easier, but i dont see that as a big problem. Most of the time it is pretty realistic. Good game and better then last years game. Hope they change things a little but not too much like they generally do.

No Streaming Account
  8. DirtyBird2012

DirtyBird2012 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It feels very much the same as 17. There are some glitches, like the puck clipping through my chest and out my neck for a goal.
    Eashl 3s and 6s are as enjoyable as last year. Threes are a good time and great addition to the game.

There are some issues with goalies. The glitch I mentioned as well as getting stuck going post to post.
    My biggest issue so far is the coach feedback for goalies. It is completely broken. 15 saves on 16 shots should not yield a 52% saves feedback.
    I have been saying the thing I want most is better coach feedback for goalies. What does it matter? In eashl, not at all. I like be a pro though, and it is everything in that mode.

Fixes? Broken coach feedback for goalies and some hiccups in goalie play.

DirtyBird2012
  9. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    Improvements I notice:

• smoother goalie movements and positioning
    • defense stick is better
    • skill stick - mostly just remapping, maybe reintroduction of a couple of skill moves, but that in combination with improved defense does make playing forward more difficult or competitive
    • net comes off more easier and accurately
    • players bumping in to each other (and how they do that) is more realistic along with how they get back up
    • puck bounces (and how) appears to be more realistic
    • breakaways, as goalie -> seems to be more accurate and fair
    • goalies can skate quicker and better

Decline of any features:

• i hear quite alot of people complaining about the 'off ice camera (though accurate) being kind of annoying

Missing features / needs improvement / needs to be added:

• frostbite needs to be used. i understand this may require, reprogramming or something due to incompatibilities, but it will be a huge improvement

• Goalies need to be able to play the extra man when there's a penalty called and has reched the bench
    • Goalies need to be able to enter the bench when a penalty is called but the puck hasn't reached the defensive blue line yet (ie. as soon as the penalty is called)
    • Goalies should not be going through the puck in any way when making a save or repositioning etc (no one should be able to). Sticks should not go through each other. The puck should not go through anything or anyone or part of other 'solid' objects.
    • Goalie should be able to cross the red line (even if a penalty is called). But real life -> there's no mystical force preventing them from crossing the line.
    • Goalie attitude needs to be developed. It has a direct impact on the your team, your opponents, crowd...and the game.
    • Goalies should be able to fight non-goalies.
    • Goalie should be able to perform each of the save actions from anywhere on the ice, not just in the crease. Why? Assume a goalie gets out to play the puck but then changes his mind. Should be able to skate backwards (not forced) and attempt to save/cover the angle, poke etc in attempt to correct his mistake.

• Players need to be able to join multiple clubs, club-hopping is so annoying

• I've mentioned this one for a number of years and am hearing others say it more and more:
      • EASHL club (only) - Need to be able to play multiple lines. I don't care if it's only 2 lines to start with or 4 lines.
        • player fatigue plays a factor
        • coaching decisions is a factor (good or bad decisions)
        • dynamics between lines, or how/when the players are changed is a factor
        • all of the above are a bigger factor during or as a result of multiple penalties and multiple lines

• DROP IN (other modes too, but mostly dropin:
    • Players 'damaging the game' because of 'ragging the puck', playing poorly, out of position etc (regardless of position) -> this will be a never ending issue, but EA has talented programmers and pays them enough to find a logical and acceptable solution to have this issue addressed. IT IS THE #1 issue with the game guaranteed.
      • possible solution? I believe it requires 3 phases:
        1. allow drop in players to join the bench of a game (ie. next in line) to take the spot of someone who gets kicked out for a specific position. Yes, I understand this will require some creative programming, but it can be done. But at least this way the quality of the game can be improved and maintained
        2. force the player(s) getting kicked out to not be able to play multiplayer for that position, and force them to play be a pro achieving a certain rating for whatever skill they are getting kicked out for before returning. (example, constantly offsides because others aren't passing him the puck. or not passing the puck enough. shooting at your own net. etc)
          1. Upon each time that particular skill at the position with the infraction reoccurs, make them repeat the process with an increased number of games to be played in be a pro while multiplayer is disabled. (example: 1st infraction, only kicked out. 2nd infraction, kicked out, warning that multiplayer will be disabled for that position & will be forced to play be a pro in order to maintain multiplayer quality. 3rd infraction, 1 game at be a pro with 80% rating at that skill. 4th infratction, 5 games at 80% required. 5th infraction: 10 games at 80% required, 6th infraction: 25 games at 80% required, etc)
        3. create a be a referee mode. allow the community as a whole to learn the rules better and control others in the community better. kind of self-policing. For this to work however, the community needs to know or learn the rules. There also needs to be a rating system. There also needs to be a way to permit only those who have reached and earned a trait (a referee badge or something) to be allowed to play be a referee.

Bottomless_Pit
  10. natedogg1122

natedogg1122 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -5
    Needs to faster and easier to doo dekes

No Streaming Account
  11. m0rdred13

m0rdred13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    A practice mode, without a clock or even score would be super helpful, especially for teams practicing for league play. The overall skill levels of teams playing in leagues like LG would be much higher if there was a dedicated mode where they could practice their systems, without the constraints of clock and score clouding the waters.

No Streaming Account
  12. Paynist

Paynist Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 7 / -5
    Would like to have hipcheck back...

m1st3r_ped
  13. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Click in RS + Hold LB.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. Moulty7

Moulty7 NHL 09 Forever

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -0
    Holding to backhand and making a pass only seems to work at odd angles. My player was constantly flipping it to forehand passing the puck softer. The backhand pass was a go-to in previous games especially for passing up the wall.

Put the through-the-legs deke control back to how it was in 17.

No Streaming Account
  15. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    I noticed in 3s arcade that Fleury is in net for Pittsburgh shouldn't he be in Vegas?

berserrkr
  16. l bruins l

l bruins l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    In drop-ins, let me select which side I want

l_bruins_l
  17. FiBERSTiCK

FiBERSTiCK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -6
    Can you add all players class of Eashl in practice mode

When we press start at the beginning of the game ... Every strategys change

The zone view .. Not bad for defense but can you add a zoom in offensive zone

Score clock is still a problem with overhead view in attack zone

3vs3, everybody find that 4 vs 3 is not a real advantage in PP, 3 vs 2 for 1 minute should be not bad

No Streaming Account
  18. BarDownNinja

BarDownNinja Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bardownninja#0
    Ratings:
    +43 / 13 / -66

BarD0wnNinja