NHL 18 roster reset

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Greb, Jun 21, 2017.

?

Should there be a roster reset for NHL 18

1. Yes

206 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. IM HEARTLESS323

IM HEARTLESS323 IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    why not just add them into s28 along with LVGK to have 32 teams instead of waiting til nhl 19?

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    im_heartless323
  2. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    I'll start by saying you more than anyone else deserve a paycheck, @LG McDonald .

It's not realistic as it stands now, but I figured it was worth starting a conversation. I've talked about it at length in the chatbox the last few days but there are most certainly other ways to drive revenue on this site. If Tris is open to it, I think it's worth a discussion because some of the foundation is already there. Would it be enough to pay admins and management? I don't know. But you have the player base, you have demand and a terrific infrastructure.

I'm sure this league will always still be able to run on good will, we all love hockey and the site and want to see it succeed. I think my idea would increase the quality of management and increase stability season to season, which are undoubtedly positive things, but the league can still function with the alternative. Maybe I'm just old and past the point in my life where I can warrant willingly volunteering hours of my time every night to organize things, but it seems many previous owners feel this way as well. The game is certainly a large part of the issue, without lobbies it's considerably more annoying to get 12 players in a game together, not to mention all the restarts. So it is entirely possible that if the game improved considerably that my entire point is moot, but speaking for myself, I think an incentive program would be more compelling and have a more profound overall effect.

Copies of the game are an interesting thought, but I don't think would be as meaningful. I could get a free copy of the game and still quit as soon as my team is out of the race, and tough shit, I'll just keep the free game. The reason I like the contract idea is that you pay them a portion after one season, after the 2nd and a bulk on the back end to promote them staying. It's just food for thought, but what I've found is best for the league is having qualified management that is invested in staying long term. Part of the reason we see such an unbalanced league now is that we have a few great owners and many poor ones, but also the overall amount of management turnover season to season. I think compensating management would increase the desire for folks to take the position but also create a better feeder system where AHL management would really have a reason to prove themselves (in order to potentially become NHL management in the future) thereby improving the overall quality of that league as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    BLicK1252
  3. HoT RiViT

HoT RiViT Well-Known Member

Discord:
    HoT RiViT#6095
    Ratings:
    +156 / 7 / -6
    Drain the swamps!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    HoTRiViT
  4. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    It was a joke... I have no idea if QC is getting a team or if the real NHL is expanding to 32 teams. One can assume they would to even the divisions

LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. IM HEARTLESS323

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    lol well i mean we dont have to be exactly like the real NHL do we? you can add a city and use a CHL team as its farm team to equal out to 32 teams, just a thought is all

im_heartless323
  6. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I appreciate the comments about paying me first. The issue with money comes legal issues and headaches.

Those of you close to me know I'm well off. I have an incredibly well paying career and this site and league isn't a business opportunity to me it's just a hobby.

Where I do see the money aspect coming in has nothing to do with our simulation LGHL league it would be more along the lines of eSports and moving tang forward. If we model an idea after what the NBA did and look to leagues like The ECHL, OHL, WHL etc we could bring in professional organizations to sponsor eSport hockey teams and have eashl clubs represent those organizations during our LG ESHL events. That would drive some revenue and such to LG.

When it comes to simulation leagues like LG with the amount of possible cheating and such keeping money outta the league is the best option imo. The LGHL is meant to be a real life version of GM Connected and Be A Pro.

Truly over the last ten years of EASHL LG and formerly VHL grew expeditiously based on the fact EA stopped supporting a more competitive experience for the NHL community to part take in. That competitive environment transferred to LG making it what we have today.

With that being said, I do see the best way to handle that is to divide the hockey experience into two categories. One being simulation league experiences and the other being competitive eSport hockey events. I think having a more serious eSport event like an OHL sponsored league a an example would actually make the LGHL better. It would remove some of the wishy washy player whom want to play but would rather something more competitive and it would bring new competitive players and teams to LG whom maybe interested in playing simulation hockey.

A lot of these ideas and such tris and I have spent a ton of time discussing and brain storming to make them possible here on LG

LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I'd rather not.

That changes the playoff format as well.

I assume the NHL goes to the same format as the AHL once every division has 8 teams.

So no I'm not gonna another team just for shits

LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    I mean I wouldn't say they are worthless... @ChicagoBlackhawks

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. IM HEARTLESS323

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    its not really just for shits, just makes things easier for scheduling etc ... but coo

im_heartless323
  10. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Scheduling doesn't appear to be an issue at this time

LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. IM HEARTLESS323

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258
    well,i tried lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    im_heartless323
  12. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    To be honest, LG should be preparing for legal issues and headaches as it is. We're running paid Esports leagues, collecting money from premium accounts, ad revenue etc. There's definitely a business here whether we want to believe it or not.

I'm not advocating people pay money to participate in LGHL, I'm advocating that management is paid. I don't think it is at all wise to force people to pay to sign up. Where I think a lot of easy money could be made is with the premium accounts. If Tris charged $20 annually for a premium account that gave members perks for buying into pro series (charge $15 for premium members to buy-in, $20 for non-premium), additional content (highlights, podcasts, etc. are exclusive to only premium members), etc. that's easy money and assuming there was enough value added, I think a lot of people would willingly support it.... not to mention it's a good cause helping to fund the folks that keep this thing afloat (Tris, admins and management).

BLicK1252
  13. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I do agree when it comes to legal and as well people shouldn't be ignorant to the fact this is a business

I can't really comment further because I'm not in the know of well off Lg is finically

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. V 4 T T Y

V 4 T T Y ECHL Commissioner - Manager S20 - S45

Discord:
    v_4_t_t_y#0
    Ratings:
    +796 / 69 / -139
    A roster reset wouldn't be fair at all. Maybe fuck with the trading of resigns. Or limit the amount of resigns you may acquire

• Creative Creative x 1
    Glorygaming94
  15. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Kudos to you guys on the success so far this season, but anyone that's managed before can tell you that is not the norm.

BLicK1252
  16. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    O

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Its_cakes
  17. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    the only way i can see the paid management and staff thing u guys keep mentioning is if we get a league sponsor asking people that dont make money to run the league for money is stupid to ask.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  18. Shockz

Shockz Hidden Potential

Ratings:
    +711 / 12 / -14
    I already know the guys on the good teams will hate this but.. I think the only way for this reset to work is to change the resign rule. What i had in mind was, each team gets two resigns and thats it. You cannot trade them, once you sign a player on your team using one of those two they are untradeble and cant be waived. This would really make you think about who you want to resign and make it more fair. And this would make it impossible for teams ( KB ) to trape new owners and already stack their teams before bidding even happens.

Just an idea

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    shockz_x
  19. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Terrible idea on the untradable part. We can't make this difficult for Owners. Adding more and more restrictions isn't going to help. We just need to completely get rid of certain things to loosen up restrictions and add to the bidding pool.

Like getting rid of RFA. Getting rid of off season resign and trades.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Tb ToXiC

Tb ToXiC Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tb Toxic#1016
    Ratings:
    +444 / 17 / -13
    1. We could always just do away with trading resigns or "Sign and Trades". Whatever you want to call them. That would do alot of good for the issue at hand.
    2. Also limiting teams to only 2 Resigns total. Or you could even make it so that you can resign One person to a 2 year contract (If you dont see anyone else you would like to resign, But you would not be able to resign them after those two season are up --Referring to what im about to explain--).
    3. I also like the idea of only being able to resign someone 2 times total before they are forced to go back into bidding. That would be a fair compromise in my opinion.

tjbarone81