LGAHL AHL Player Review, Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    Let's just not be able to call up any RA. Signed up late? Too bad, you're stuck in the chl till next season.

No Streaming Account
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    It's a fine line between doing that to keep it competitive and the AHL suffocating due to a lack of call up eligible players

LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    Have a bidding done for all RA once a week or 2. Give all teams a chance to aquire players who signed up late.

No Streaming Account
  4. The Legacyyyyy

The Legacyyyyy Unknown Member

Ratings:
    +454 / 23 / -10
    The issue with having a late sign up bidding pool is the salary cap. Big name players will intentionally sign up late, and the team they want to land on will intentionally save cap during bidding to get them. It also gives teams reasons to trade away higher priced assets in preparation for bidding if they KNOW a certain player will be signing up late. There are alot of potential issues that come with that idea.

TheLegacyyyyy
  5. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    I am curious about the Send-downs and call up's before bidding sessions, I think it needs to be changed somehow.. I understand its fair in the sense every team is able to send down A's and bid on players for their AHL team and then call up the A's and send down the player's bid on. The thing I dont like is sometimes a Owner is unable to help or maybe can only do 1 guy, where other teams may be able to do 4,5,6 etc. (just an example). You can say pick an Owner that cares about the AHL team and willing to help, but the fact is alot just do not help regardless of what is said or maybe truly can't.

I think there should be a 1-2 player limit or somehow eliminate it all together, it just seems to be a fair advantage (within the rules) but an unfair advantage if that makes sense lol. I dont know what a fair solution would be to this (A's are waiver eligble?), but I find you can almost see who the top 4 teams will be before AHL rosters are even completed.

I understand this may not change, but this is something that could make things more fair across the board and spread out the talent not letting top tier guys go for 500K etc. also giving every team a chance to bid on that player.

Maybe I missed this being dealt with but just wondering your opinion on this? @LG McDonald

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  6. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    It's all valid points you break down the entire system there are a ton of moving parts
    1. Can an NHL owner draft well enough to give there ahl an advantage through NHL bidding?
    2. How many NHL owners are willing to sacrifice their own bidding to benefit their ahl? I think none. The only teams how used they were set up at the NHL first. So do we punish those owners for being well prepared?
    3. Do we remove waiver exemption completely from amateur players therefore do away with the programming we have? When does waiver exempt become a factor? Realistically with waiver exemption players can always go from NHL bidding to an ahl roster.
    4. What happens when we expand the draft to four or five rounds?
    Ton of factors to consider.

The real solutions that I've seen have been as follows;

1. Not allow teams to stay DPs on their TC(or limit it) prior to bidding
    2. Add a stipulation to our player status script that states 48/60 AHl games turns an amateur to a veteran so guys like Pak of faces by this point would be veterans by now.
    3. Limit it to one or two per roster.
    What do you think @l KaV l

LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    That all sounds reasonable, I myself can personally say, I dont know much about how exactly the system works now ive been out of management for so long.. So I may not be the best to discuss this with but just from the outside looking in (for example) Cle load up before bidding, which all the power to Wags he did nothing against the rules and he did what he was allowed, but after seeing how stacked his team got e.g. Faces for like 6.5 million cheaper, then have all that extra money to spend else where, its almost the feeling of "why play anymore" when 3-4 teams have all-stars for 500K before anyone else has the chance to even get them (referring to if they were in bidding, I realize everyone has the chance to potentially claim someone in NHL bidding as it is now) seems like some teams are almost getting a double positive out of this, where others get possibly nothing, a 500K elite mofo, and 6-7 mill back on the books.(not just Wags, not trying to rag on him I am sure there are others as well)

It just seems if some things were simplified would be a little easier.

If everyone was waiver eligible right off the start, no matter what you are (V, RA, A etc.) make it so there is actual potential to lose that player (the sick Amateur thats being sent through waivers)

Bid in the NHL play in the NHL

Bid in AHL play in the AHL

Bid in CHL play in CHL

or something like Amateurs cant play in the NHL only AHL/CHL, lower the Amateur game requirements so they can get to the NHL faster if that's where their talent should be... this would eliminate the call-up/send downs then the rush to bid 500K on someone for your ahl squad... if someone has the talent for the NHL, they will get a bid and play there, if not well they will pass to AHL bidding and 30 teams will have a chance to pay him what he is worth if that be 1 million or 8 million.

I really am not sure what the best course is to fix this because I know alot went into building the league how it is today. I am really fine with how it is, but I think it is an issue in the respect to fairness for all 30 teams going into bidding. @LG McDonald

8. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Yea I hear what you are saying @l KaV l

Restrictions have built up and up and up over the year to prevent players and teams from doing shady things it's at a point where we are actually hurt the ahl to some degree.

Waiver exemption was something owners wanted as a two way contract system which five or six seasons later appears to have caused more issues than we had prior to the a waiver exemption system being part of our league structures.

Right now what's on my radar is trying to get us more Vs and As in our system to help supplement our NHL and ahl better. To accomplish that the harsh game limits we see now of 90 games chl to become A and 27 games NHL to come V would require a change. I am also looking at things like expanding the draft as well.

If we want to use faces as the poster boy for the change how many career ahl games does he have? More than 48 and more than 60.

If we implemented a rule that stated any amateur player whom has 55+ games in the ahl becomes an amateur our ahl "veterans" like faces, or Pak or wags would become veterans(thereby losing their waiver exemption) in two plus seasons.

Basically what I'm seeing is;

1. It's too long to go from Prospect to amateur.
    2. There is nothing that moves an amateur to Veteran if they stay outta the NHL.
    By addressing those two issues we will see less opportunity to send guys down after NHL bidding, we will see more amateurs and veterans for the NHL and we will see more of the new talent from the chl climb the ranks allowing a better flow of players than we see now

LeagueGamingOfficial
  9. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,500 / 57 / -72
    All of your suggestions will harm the NHL, owners have every right to change their mind and send up and send players during the season based on performance or any other reason. Maybe spend a little more time getting good management to get better teams and stop trying to tie the hands of people who do things by the rules. I'm tired of hearing "it's not fair! People's teams are too good! We need to make them worse!" How about you guys try and find ways to make shit teams better? I agree adjustments should be made to the amount of games played to better determine player status but to suggest we don't allow NHL owners to try and improve their organizational depth with drafting smart and stock piling their AHL is ridiculous and counter productive. Stop trying to tear down successful organizations and maybe try emulating them.

• Winner Winner x 1
    wags82
  10. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Increase the minimum NHL bid to $2M (or more), with $500k increments from there. AHL/CHL bidding minimums remain the same ($500k). Problem solved.

It also increases the importance of drafting and farm team bidding to the NHL owner because you have a chance to secure better players that way for less than $2M. Might also make some owners think twice about getting two players at $9M each on their NHL roster. @l KaV l @LG McDonald

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Only issue the fact there are 500k players won in NHL bidding that will never be sent down...

This system may see NHL owners end bidding with open spots to grab a few 500k players off their AHL from than bidding sessions causing a larger issue.

The issue Kai posted only happened three times... and right now all teams involved(NHL and AHL) are in playoff positions. Which kind of plays off what wags said. Those organizations planned ahead and made a bigger plan.

Having players graduate to veterans based on AHL games will ensure the stronger AHL players become Veterans sooner. That diminishes the possibility of this happening but doesn't eliminate it.

Like im not 100% against it. Teams have to work together and plan longer time. Which in the end is all what we wanted

LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    make it drastic..amateur to veteran after 10 games.

what is the downside to having 90% veterans?

The less players who are waiver exempt the better.

13. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Has to be higher than what requires drafted players to go to veteran or your ahl DPs lose their status far
    Too quickly. That's kinda why I went with the two seasons marks

LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    Is there no way to just keep them as dp for 2 full seasons without graduating classes? The only advantage being their ability to be waiver exempt at all levels?

15. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,500 / 57 / -72
    The proposal brodie has for game numbers being lowered to change player status will fix the majority of people's gripes. Of course until people start crying about good players with 40 games played going in NHL bidding and getting sent down. Most of your proposals are ridiculous, if u want everyone to be veterans which basically ends NHL ability to send people up and down u might as well make ahl a completely separate league.

wags82
  16. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,500 / 57 / -72
    Also, it will increase the amount of Amateurs which will fix the tc problems people have. So rather than over correcting and coming up with all these new restrictions how about we just make a small adjustment and let it settle in for a season before we start blowing everything up. And changing minimum bid in NHL is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

• Like Like x 2
    wags82
  17. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    It would require a MAJOR overhaul that imo takes too much time.

The script is simple. It's like at "x" amount of games player type A turns to B

So on and so forth.

It's very linear and doesn't well know what status a player has it just knows what amount of games has been played therefore what type they should be

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    I do agree a lack of NHL flexibility would have a major negative influence on the AHL.

Three games a week ecu, waiver exemption etc are all examples rules put into place to benefit AHL teams...

If we look at the amount of unsuccessful NHL teams being supported by the their AHL near the ends of the season without mass call ups, I think that shows we solved the issues of past seasons

LeagueGamingOfficial
  19. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    100%

In a nutshell I'm going to increase the number of veterans and amateurs by decreasing or prospect totals a tad

Right now we are roughly sitting at;

500 Vs
    750 As
    2000 Ps

The the change I am hoping to see;

750 Vs
    1000 As
    1500 Ps

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22

I mean to be honest , the league in my opinion was a much better place 5-6 seasons ago when we didn't have complicated statuses . It feels 'ridiculous ' to make the majority of the league have to clear waivers but the reality is that's how it used to be. The whole amateur waiver exempt stuff was initially put in to avoid forfeits at the NHL level without gutting an Ahl team.

The truth is the system is highly abused and we spend more time trying to make new rules to fix issues that shouldn't be this complicated.

Teams don't have to be at 17 people, Ecu's can now Ecu more games than they could when these new statuses were created. Honestly why do we need waiver exempt players?

When we're at the point that we have to make new rules to avoid send downs before the season and have to put a complicated 'conditional waiver' system into effect it should tell you that the system is broken.

It's really not as 'ridiculous ' as you think.

• Informative Informative x 1