PSN Player's Poll, Should Bans from PSN Carry a Ban to Xbox LGHL?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 10, 2017.

?

Should Players Ban from Xbox be Removed From PSN?

1. Yes, PSN bans should result in the player being removed from Xbox League

81.8%
  2. No, the league bans should be separate

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

I mean as a player that's what the buy out ban is for.

TrooperPetterson
  2. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    What?

• Useful Useful x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  3. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    I meant say when you decided to come back to LG sooner than what the ban was for. That would force you to pay it out to return sooner.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  4. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    What case happens more often, someone legitimately has a change in life circumstances that makes it impossible to play both leagues, or someone decides that they want to quit because they got traded, their team isnt as good as their team in the other league, their stats are suffering, some guy named l--Mall Cop--l got them in bidding, etc.

You unfortunately can't make the rules for the honest people on a site like this.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    The fuck does that have to do with what I was saying?

I agree with you but it seems like at every turn, we're trying as hard as we can to eliminate more people from the league.

To use the ban buy-out that LikeABOSS keeps referencing - it seems like the people doing sketchy shit like quitting on 1 console because they don't like the team they've ended up on are also the same people that are willing to buy out a ban. The person that is quitting due to a legitimate change in their schedule are willing to sit out their ban.

I think we have enough evidence over the last 'x' seasons to prove that banning people has next to no effect on shady bullshit, especially when you undermine it with a buy-out option.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  6. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

No idea really ?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  7. I--Cross--I

I--Cross--I Co-Director of Basketball Operations

Discord:
    Cross#0463
    Ratings:
    +243 / 10 / -33
    Here is the end all be all point.

You sign up for 2 leagues. You know that means 6 games a week, most owners and managers will work with people's schedules or trade them. If you only sign up for the min of 4 games we don't go crying to staff to get you banned even if you are making scheduling difficult, but those who are voting no on this are basically saying "We as a player have a right to fuck over a team, but the team doesn't have the right to fuck over us". Not only is quitting fucking over the management, but it makes the rest of the game less fun for the other players on the team because they (if they are good team members) have to pick up your slack, potentially re-arrange their schedule, or potentially play with lesser quality players in the form of some ECUs.

Life changes happen, I get that it sucks, but the majority of people aren't signing up for 2 leagues and only quitting 1 if life changes happen. The majority of people quitting 1 is because they are unhappy with some shit. Take Letsgoflyers for example, he had a bad loss, basically rage quit tried to waive a player then without talking to anyone just messaged staff he quit. There is 0 way he should be allowed to play in either league.

The unfortunate thing is that there are enough deceitful people on here you can't create a rule to benefit the honest ones because people will abuse it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Your main point is that players shouldn't be allowed to fuck over 1 team.
    Your solution is to ban a guy from 2 leagues.
    So your solution results in the player fucking over his team in 1 league anyway and then you want to fuck over his team on another console.

How do you consider that an improvement?

You're just doubling the amount of team fucking while the player likely buys out his bans, comes back the next season, and fucks a new group of people.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  9. I--Cross--I

I--Cross--I Co-Director of Basketball Operations

Discord:
    Cross#0463
    Ratings:
    +243 / 10 / -33
    Because if they know they are banned from both, it should (hopefully) prevent the people from doing the first one. This is not about helping the teams, this is about preventing them from being in that situation in the first place.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    OK now lets think this all the way through.

A player wants to quit but he doesn't want to get banned on Xbox. He's now stuck on the PS4 team that he wants to take a ban to get away from and forced to play out the season.

What do you expect to get out of this guy? 100%? 90%? You'll be lucky if you get 50% effort.

If a guy wants to get off your team so bad that he's willing to take a ban (or buyout his ban), let him go. If it's within the trade window and he wants a trade, trade him.

Forcing him to play for you isn't going to get you very far.

None of this makes any sense.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  11. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    You have to ban in two leagues the people who play in two leagues more then likely "live for it" or at the very least enjoy playing league as there main hobby. You have to know the commitment you are getting into, and the fact that you may be on a shit team. If you threaten them with a league ban across all leagues aka FIFA,NHL, RL or whatever else is on here they may pause and take a minute to realize maybe I'll just embrace the suck or ask for a trade. What you can't have is people saying oh my PS4 team is stacked let me go and run to my PS4 team bye shitty Xbox team. Yeah the PS4 guys are pumped but the Xbox guys are fucked out of having a player. And yes this does fuck a team pretty bad look at the stars with Devin when he got site banned that team struggled and got bounced in the first round. Shit happens but minimize the risk, if you can't handle two leagues don't play in two leagues.

• Like Like x 5
    Nybarisny
  12. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    My opinion is that they are two separate leagues. As long as something isn't site ban worthy, then the rules they break in one league should only apply to that league. If you want to make it so that a punishment in one league carries over, then you should look to make more punishments site bans that can't be bought out. If not, keep them separate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Ayohhhh
  13. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    What a curve ball...

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. Lazy Pedestrian

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    For what it's worth...

Xbox player here since NHL 09.
    Almost quit Xbox twice this season to concentrate on PS4.

I can handle two schedules but I've noticed this season I keep getting picked up by teams that don't seem to understand that a guy playing 2 consoles will probably only have 4/5 out of 9 availability every week. I never had 1 person complain about it last season so I never really considered it as an issue.

LazyPedestrian
  15. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Bingo

• Like Like x 1
    radapex
  16. Shmucked

Shmucked Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 3 / -7
    I feel you just need more variety in your punishments, a standard "ban" that can just be bought out can't cover everything. It just doesn't work and enforce certain rules such as this one.

If a player quits a league for a valid reason and has no prior history he is given a standard ban that can be bought out. Repeat offenders or people blatantly abusing the system can reach permanent bans. You could even revoke their status so they can't play in the NHL next season on either console. Being in the NHL is a privilege and people who don't want to be here shouldn't have the power to be a cancer and ruin other players experiences who do want to be here.

This is just an example of an alternative to a permanent ban if that sounds too harsh and you need something in between. I'm sure there are a lot more levels of bans in-between buy-out and permanent that can be viable in situations like this I just can't think of any right now typing this on my phone.

But there definitely needs to be more levels and more punishments that are specific to the rule being broken.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Shmucked
  17. Schwartz-74

Schwartz-74 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lil Uzi Vert#9513
    Ratings:
    +167 / 6 / -17
    Any manager who votes no to this should lose their team.

• Winner Winner x 3
    lil_ubi_vert
  18. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    If you quit a league on the website, you should be ineligible to sign up for any other leagues until you serve the ban duration / buy out your ban.

Should include FIFA, NBA, etc.

Sort of a non-issue. LG takes appeals fairly seriously. If you take the time to build yourself a legitimate case, you have a quality chance at your ban being appealed.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Sloshy97
  19. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Ultimately, quitting in one league should force you to be removed from all leagues across the board. There is too much power given to the players allowing them to get a free pass if they simply quit. Don't like where you ended up??? Just quit, play in the other leagues, buy out the ban, and be back in the league you quit in next season. Everyone uses it to their advantage as leverage against the team owners too ("trade me to "x" and I will quit"). Players need to understand that signing up for a league doesn't guarantee that they will play with the people they want to play with, or have a say in where they are traded... period. If you want to have a say play club, or take management and build your own team.

Bans should look like this IMO:
    • Quitting spans all leagues of LG with instant removal
    • Loss of player status across both consoles for that game
    • 2 season ban for ONLY the league you quit in
    • 3 season ban for quitting after bidding/trade. Ban spans ALL leagues (forced buy out in each league to remove ban for that league)
    When you quit a league, you are instantly removed from every league on LG, and would not be allowed to sign up until the following season after the removal (i.e. You play in s2 of FIFA and s4 of LGHL. You quit LGHL. You are removed from both leagues, issued a 2 season ban in LGHL, and cannot sign up for FIFA again until s3). Loss of player status will carry over both consoles in the title you quit in as well (i.e. You had "V" status in FIFA and NHL before you quit. After quitting, FIFA status remains "V", but NHL status is reverted back to prospect status on both consoles. You must play 15 games to earn "A" status in CHL before you enter bidding. Players are not eligible for draft if they quit.).

Like Sloshy said, the appeal process is taken very seriously at LG if you have a valid case (I can personally vouch for this process). At the end of the day, 99% of the people who are quitting the league do so because they are being a little bitch about something they don't like. It is a harsh punishment, but it should be. Quitting screws a whole team over, and the player who quit should not be rewarded for doing so. If you have a real reason with proof, then file for an appeal with LG to get the penalty lifted.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    frostx7
  20. sam11stern

sam11stern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +277 / 102 / -71
    Get rid of offsides.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1