LGAHL AHL Player Review, Mid-Season Review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Mar 10, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    This weekend marks the middle of the season and time for you(the players) to give some insight into what changes you would like to see for the League or the Site.

There has been a ton of recent "hot topics" some which affects the players and some which don't. Therefore I want to see what your thoughts on these issues, as well as add your own ideas:

NHL
    AHL
    • Should NHL Talent(players/managers) be eligible for AHL Management roles?
    • Eligible players for call ups, and ECUs?
    • Recommendations, 60 AHL games = Veteran Status, 60 CHL Games = Amateur
    • AHL RFA(AHL GM bid on AHL players)
    CHL
    • Players signed up as G, but playing forward all season...
    • Positional Lock ideas, OR roster limits(9 forwards-6D-2G)
    Site Ideas / Changes
    • New chat system, (RIP-groupme/skype)
    • Pro Series? The Return?
    • New Site Home Page?

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Like the idea of the 60 games for vet in AHL and amateur for CHL

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    60 games thing would be great.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  4. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    For both ideas I assume?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Yes, it's a little easier for the CHLers that way, in regards to the Amateur and Veteran Statuses.

Would it still be the same amount of AHL games played, as a prospect, that it is currently?

DaYoungBuck
  6. l Bolts x 91 l

l Bolts x 91 l ITS STAMMERTIME

Ratings:
    +161 / 4 / -10
    I think the rules you present for the AHL are fine as is. Of course NHL players should be able to be AHL management, who classifies a player for being to good for AHL management, haha

• Troll Troll x 1
    Boltsx91
  7. Wreck It Random

Wreck It Random Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Wreck It Random#1836
    Ratings:
    +580 / 37 / -56
    NHL- I believe that if you are banned in Xbox LGHL then you should also be banned in Psn LGHL and vice-versa. What stops people with both systems from quitting on one side due to a shitty team or being won in bidding by someone you think will stink and just hopping over to the other system and playing with a good team.

NHL- Players shouldn't be sent down to the AHL after bidding. I understand that NHL owners also control the AHL so if they are to be sent down, they should have to play at least a week in the NHL.

AHL- I don't believe you should be able to keep a player somewhere due to skill level, but if that person has won a cup or is a well known skill player, they shouldn't have the chance to take management in a lesser league. Happened in both CHL and AHL this season.

CHL- Those who signed up as a G to just play forward is a scumbag. Period.

CHL- I think a roster limitation for CHL should happen. CHL is supposed to be competitive and having people you want to play for you sign up at a different position gives an unfair advantage over the new/less experienced owners. I believe a position lock should be applied since the AHL and NHL both have it but understand that may be hard to implement into a 60 team CHL which is why the limitation should at least happen.

Site- I don't think that LG needs it's own group chat. Each team has a locker room and it's usually enough. Unless the staff believes that abuse is happening among outside chats, then I don't see this as being needed.

Site-Not sure what you mean by a new home page. Are you going to remove the chat from it and put it on the NHL tab? I think the front page is fine in it's current state besides the ridiculousness that happens in the chatbox.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    WreckItRandom
  8. OhSoCountry

OhSoCountry I got the moves like JAGR

Ratings:
    +410 / 19 / -45
    If a player is picked up in nhl bidding they should not get to go through ahl waivers with out other teams being able to claim them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    Site improvements

1. Where the NHL, AHL, CHL scores are located after games. Have a button to click forward and back to separate easily days. Right now say Tuesdays games are complete. If you don't watch them on Wednesday they disappear into the LGTV section which is a sorting mess.

2. Add current draft picks in roster screen instead of team standings/stats page. It will be easily for teams to navigate which other teams about potential draft pick trades. (Tris liked this idea)

selke1
  10. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    I like this idea so nhl owners can't put a 500k bid on some players to send them down to ahl when they would go for more.

No Streaming Account
  11. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    One idea could be thought of for amateurs who signs up late.

Currently amateurs can be called up to ahl with them being a 500k RA. What if they are giving a 1 season contract at their past 3 season contract average and placed on waivers so all teams can have a chance to acquire them. This would also exclude the ability to resign them.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  12. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    @Tris10

LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    The hat system was to eliminating having 65 different chat apps for LG. I'm contacted on Skype, group me, Facebook etc plus PMs. It now should all be on one system.

The private chat system should allow and encourage one on one private chats on LG. So if you add group, and search my name, anyone on the website can engage in a private chat with me and get answers live. Rather than waiting for s PM

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  14. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    NHL
    • The ban issues(Poll;http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...x-league-be-removed-from-the-lghl-psn.252710/) stem from NHL issues.
    • Sending down players after NHL bidding for the AHL? ( I don't have a problem with them sent down, but it should be done before AHL bidding starts and they have to be on the actual AHL roster not TC)
    • RFA Compensation(it is currently extremely high) (500k - 1m = Nothing; 1.25m - 2m = 3rd rnd; 2.25m - 3.75m = 2nd rnd; 4m - 5m 1st rnd; 5.25m - 6.5m = 1st n 3rd rnd; 6.75mil+ 1st,2nd,3rd)
    • Recommendation to add more rounds to the draft (I wouldn't mind seeing 5 rounds)
    • Trade Compensations issues(always headaches) (I am sure it's a pain but teams gotta protect themselves cause some people simply won't show up for others)
    AHL
    • Should NHL Talent(players/managers) be eligible for AHL Management roles? (Who determines NHL talent in the 1st place? If they want to play down I have no problem with it)
    • Eligible players for call ups, and ECUs? (It's good as it is)
    • Recommendations, 60 AHL games = Veteran Status, 60 CHL Games = Amateur (sounds great)
    • AHL RFA(AHL GM bid on AHL players) (It's fine to me)
    CHL
    • Players signed up as G, but playing forward all season... (Main roster goalies must play their position unless in the TC then they can play anywhere)
    • Positional Lock ideas, OR roster limits(9 forwards-6D-2G) (Don't think we need a lock besides goalie as much as we need roster limit of the 9fwd,6d,2g and if there is more in 1 category then they forfeit matches and management get a strike)

Start to really enforce this late game BS that always happens midweek and stays the whole year. Kiddies playing 23423 leagues that clash with LG times. Your roster should be ready by no later than 5mins after. If you need a damn ECU then it's 10min after game time. People are abusing the "Oh a player didn't get into the game to waste time for a late player"

Rhapsodical
  15. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    I have a question about that type of chat system. Would Big Brother (aka you or BoGs) be able to find out what we talk about? If the answer is yes then I would think people would steer clear of it for reasons when they try to be shady.

Rhapsodical
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    The BOG have zero access to private chats. There is no reason for them to have it. If two people are talking in private and something is said that crosses the line a screenshot is easy to take...

So no the BOG will not have access to any of these chats

LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    Use the following system. It's does this for you

You can follow teams as well as players

18. BigMo1701

BigMo1701 Sh*terbox

Discord:
    BigMo (Barrie Colts)#1303
    Ratings:
    +377 / 28 / -41
    I believe that management should be TC eligible. If a manager (like myself and others) are not up to par, they should have the option to let a better talent integrate the league.

I spend more than 40hrs a week managing my team and Im sure Im not the only one. And that work has nothing to do with my playing career.

Too many inactive managers ( Stud player with free contract) lead too many teams not being competitive.

I know I have to GG but if you wanna inprove LG within its core, this should be something to be considered.

Also, players now have too much power on where they wanna play ( not playing if they get traded and the team having to give compensation). Management should not be punished for making a trade in good faith.

Players would also be more inclined to play anywhere if every team would be run by "real" managers and landing on good organisation.

Not considering this idea to improve LG is not thinking toward the best interest of the league imo.

And yes, I know I need to GG :p
    GG

• Informative Informative x 2
    liveonesesports
  19. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    i dont remember what season it was or what version of the site but i remember clicking on someones name in the chatbox and opening a tab on the chatbox its self for a private message.. if you could add that back plus a group one so that mgmt can be in one group , Roster could be in one group and TC could be in one group.

Trade talks would be a little better .. Finding ecu's would be better and its just a tab away instead of the whole group next to the inbox and alert system

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  20. SchwimpEggWoll

SchwimpEggWoll Mees le Pleb

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    -AHL players who have played more than 90 AHL games should earn veteran status to avoid being sent down after earning a 500k bid in the NHL bidding.

-all NHL players should have to clear NHL waivers (minus draft picks) current system allows amateurs to clear NHL waivers and go straight down to ahl

-all teams get two re-signs that are NON TRADEABLE. If teams don't use the re-sign, maybe they could get an additional third round pick in the CHL draft or earn an additional year towards contracts being issued. The current system which allows re-signs to be traded is broken and abused.

-harsher penalties for games starting late. We signed up for 9:30 and 10:30 games, not 9:40 and 10:45. Summer hours are usually busy for a lot of people so the late starts in the late games are killer.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    meestopcheese