Xbox Player's Vote: Glitched Goalie Goals

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Dec 13, 2016.

?

Should the League disallow ANY goal while a goalie is glitched ?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, The league should not allow ANY goal score while a goalie is glitched to stand

48.8%
  2. No, only goalies scored during the specific examples should be disallowed.

51.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Currently, the league only disallows goals scored on goalies stuck in the “bunny hop” animation. However, other glitches exist that can prevent goalies from moving or making a save. We currently allow those goals to count as no rule against them exists. One example of this type of goal is the “vibrating goalie” glitch. Goalies can, after being bumped into or sometimes completely randomly, go into a standing pose in which they vibrate, cannot move, and are not able to make saves. See below for some example clips of this glitch:

Should an amendment to Article IV, section 3.5 be added that disallows all goals scored on glitched (frozen) goalies (what determines a glitched goalie would be at the discretion of staff)? The process surrounding these goals would become the same as we have for other rule-violating goals. The team who scored on a glitched goalie can give up a restitution goal, or the team that was scored on can send the goal to the league after the game for review if a restitution goal was not provided. As with the bunny hop glitch, a team that notices this glitch or another serious glitch happening to the goalie would dump the puck over the boards (and receive the faceoff back).

The benefit to such an amendment would be that games could more reliable decided by skill rather than luck. The con is that the glitch shown above can be imitated by other goalies (not in a way that would hold up in review, but in a manner that might fool players on the ice) and other goalies might find creative ways to fake being glitched out. See below for an example of a goalie imitating the glitches shown above:

Certain types of glitchy goals would still be counted. To list a few examples: Pucks going through pads (collision bugs), goals on goalies attempting auto-covers for no reason, goals on goalies sitting on the ice after a desperation save (can be fixed by letting go of LT), goals on goalies who do not attempt to make a save (but the player is in control of the goalie) and any other situation in which the player maintains control over their goalie (ie, is not frozen) but get scored on. Goalies unable to move but in a normal pose will not have goals scored against them overturned as whether or not connection issues or faulty AI are responsible for those goals cannot be determined by a video review.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. Rehanek

Rehanek EASHL Historian

Ratings:
    +1,705 / 229 / -262
    I love Brodie

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    RehanekYT
  3. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,500 / 57 / -72
    Opening a huge can of worms here.

• Winner Winner x 1
    wags82
  4. Winston Payne

Winston Payne Staff Emeritus

Discord:
    Winston Payne#4125
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -1
    There is potential for goalies faking being frozen, but it wouldn't hold up in a video review. The issue is people trying to fool players in-game.

However, I think we have to ask ourselves if we'd want a playoff berth/game/series/cup decided on that kind of goal. Bad animations are one thing, but being literally unable to make a save is another matter entirely.

• Winner Winner x 4
    winstonpayne_
  5. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55
    I'll write a subsection that would tie up a major potential loose end;

i) All goals scored within 1 minute of any period ending will be awarded as a good goal - this is to prevent potential artificial glitching (should someone know how to glitch themselves) while at the same time ensuring that a team who scores a goal within the final minute of the game does not have their hard work all for nothing.

ii) All goals scored within the last 2 minutes of a third period ending will be awarded as a good goal.

iii) To prevent a team from having a major advantage while a goalie is in a glitched-mode, the play shall be considered dead at the point either goalie glitches out. This will ensure that the team who has the glitched goalie doesn't gain the advantage of not having to defend whatsoever, while at the same time attacking (Defenders will pinch, breakaways will be ignored)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Yann x44

Yann x44 Washed up QC RD

Discord:
    Yann x44#8823
    Ratings:
    +103 / 11 / -15
    the only thing that i have to say is...if after a review staff decided that it was aglitch goal...please dont make teams play 4 minute left in the 3rd. My point is ... its good game is over or its not and game is still over... unless game was tied

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Winston Payne

Discord:
    Winston Payne#4125
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -1
    If the goal did not decide the game, it would simply be taken off of the score. Only games that became tied as the result of an overturned goal would be forced to play an OT period.

• Like Like x 1
    winstonpayne_
  8. Vague Being

Vague Being Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 2 / -0
    It's a slippery slope because of people potentially faking. It needs to be a well-known glitch with at least some video of it existing prior if we're going to make it league policy. As a goalie it would suck to be put in a bad spot, but at the same time there has to be a burden of proof if we're going to alter the outcome of a game. There are so many goalie bugs in this game I don't think we could account for them all.

Also I would ask of the general community to try to find the common thread between instances of goalies glitching out. It might not be avoidable, but it's still something we could look into. I've never personally had this glitch happen so I have no idea where to start. Any combination of buttons, animations, contact, etc. could be a cause.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Now more goalies will fake it and lead to a team losing

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Winston Payne

Discord:
    Winston Payne#4125
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -1
    Getting bumped into while covering a puck (see the first video) seems to be a way it is caused. I have no clue how it happened in the second clip. It's an extremely rare glitch, even in comparison to the bunny hop glitch and I've never seen it live in a game, only in clips.

There is a workaround to people faking it though. If you see a goalie glitched (except with the bunny hop), just play as normal. If you score, it can be reviewed after the game. That way, if the goalie was faking it the goal would be honored. If not, the teams can finish the game on the ice.

• Like Like x 1
    winstonpayne_
  11. FlashDavin

FlashDavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +243 / 50 / -51
    Nah, let's stop with this. It's unfortunate (& rare) when it happens, but we can't have a bunch of games where we are uncertain about goals and then wonder if we have to setup another game to play an overtime "in case in might not have counted." That's gonna lead to a lot of controversy/disputes, faking (hi Devin) and BS.

Overall, it might be more "fair" to disallow these types of goals, but it's just LG, not life or death -- let's keep it as headache free as possible.

EDIT: The more I think about this, I can imagine so many "grey areas," game restarts and headaches. Please do not implement this lol...

• Like Like x 6
    FlashDavin
  12. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Isn't that more reason why to add a rule?

It's kinda obvious when a goalie is glitches out and 95% of games at streamed.

Your reasons IMO just seems like more reasons supporting it

LeagueGamingOfficial
  13. FlashDavin

FlashDavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +243 / 50 / -51
    I play this league to have fun. Imagine scenarios like this:

Goalie gets glitched, guy takes a penalty during the time the goalie is glitched and then his team scores. So what do you revert to, to make it fair?

The last thing this league needs is more restarts, and time wasted just trying to play the game; let me get on for 20-30 minutes, play my game and move on with my day. I honestly haven't even seen any of these glitches in the hundreds of games I've played this year so to make a rule for it seems unnecessary. Sometimes shitty goals go in, and decide games, it's just part of NHL.

EDIT: And why make a case for these glitches and not others? IE: Random disallowed goals by refs for no apparent reason, super pokes that send the puck 1000 feet / second and go in etc etc. I just think it's a really slippery slope not worth delving into. But that's just me, a casual player who wants to enjoy the games in a timely fashion. Someone who really lives for it probably thinks differently.

TLDR; It might help the league's "integrity" but at the cost of its enjoyment and fun imo.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    FlashDavin
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Plan isn't to turn the leagues staff into the Toronto war room.. it's just to eliminate bs goals due to EA issues since patch 2.0

LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. JEEEEEEBS

JEEEEEEBS VHL REFUGEE

Ratings:
    +319 / 12 / -14
    Don't think it'll cause all this bs people are worried about. Doubt many people would go faking and potentially getting a ban over something that is easy to review. It's so rare, and would need a perfect score to even have to be a reschedule. Seems like a perfectly fine amendment as is.

• Like Like x 1
    JEEEEEEBS
  16. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    For the the not so obvious goalie glitches that need review.

If you could have enough active staff to review these incidents very quickly then I could get behind it. I don't think it it can be pulled off though. You would also need to review other glitches as well.

Having to send it in, wait for a decision, then the dreaded reschedule would be more harm then help.

Now if I could send in a video and get a decision soon after the game has ended then I can see it being less of a hassle.

What if we just made it a playoff rule?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  17. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Those 3 examples you gave are very obvious goalie glitches. If you added the rule, it wouldn't take but two seconds to pause, notice and fix the problem. Only on the most obvious glitches.

No Streaming Account
  18. IM HEARTLESS323

IM HEARTLESS323 IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    IM HEARTLESS323#0904
    Ratings:
    +951 / 283 / -258

and this was a dropin, GG EA

im_heartless323
  19. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    I've played under 100 games on nhl17, I've seen goalies freeze from contact from players. Which could be a reviewable goal because it may have been goalie interference.

I think replicating the non-contact freezing until you understand what causes it is the first step(it looks to me like the goalies are tapping the button to skate out. And if that's all it is then goalies have a easy way out of a breakaway or any rush.

No Streaming Account
  20. Z3R0CR45H

Z3R0CR45H It's been Fun All

Discord:
    Z3R0CR45H#0073
    Ratings:
    +528 / 29 / -37
    As a goalie... The only Glitch that should be reviewed is the Bunny hop glitch.. All the other "glitches that happen" Will happen and as a goalie we have to accept that. It takes 10 mins to restart a game now because of Lobbys/CC and I do not want more time just looking at my screen not being productive

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.